Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-10, 07:17 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 594 Likes on 340 Posts
Re: Lost -- "Recon" -- 3/16/10

OKay, stupid question, but what dos MiB stand for? I keep thinking Men in Black, but obviously that's not it.
Old 03-18-10, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,048 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
OKay, stupid question, but what dos MiB stand for? I keep thinking Men in Black, but obviously that's not it.
Close, it's Man in Black. In the episodes with him and Jacob on the island in the past, Jacob had a white shirt on and he had a black. And we don't know his actual name yet.
Old 03-18-10, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Let's just call him Tommy Lee.
Old 03-18-10, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I laughed out loud when Flocke announced his master escape plan was to fly a crashed airliner off the Hydra island.

Of course he could be lying
Old 03-18-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
How come Kate, Sawyer, etc., aren't asking fake Locke obvious questions like "Who the hell are you?" "Where did you come from?" "How did you get here?" "How long have you been here?" "How come you look like John Locke" "How can you turn into a monster made of smoke?" "Where the hell are we that it's possible for a Smoke Monster to exist and smoke can take the form of a dead human?"
Welcome to Lost, we'll have to fill you in on seasons 1-5 sometime.

Old 03-18-10, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Welcome to Lost, we'll have to fill you in on seasons 1-5 sometime.

Or if they do ask him, the response is "I'll tell you everything you want to know, but first....."
Old 03-18-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Maybe I've had too much Guinness, but I had a revelation, maybe it's been posted before:

The locked cabin contains Aaron. Not only that, but Aaron is the MIB. The MIB is trying to prevent/reverse the series of events that result in him being trapped on the island for hundreds of years.

It may not be right, but it all fits. Just throwing it out there.
Wow...that would change everything!
Old 03-18-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This episode's ratings tied for the series low.
Old 03-18-10, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Doesn't bode well for a seventh season.
Old 03-18-10, 10:35 AM

Received 835 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Meglos
Um, yeah.
Old 03-18-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Meglos

I'm surprised. I figured they could ride the last season wave to decent ratings all year.
Old 03-18-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chew
I wonder why.
Old 03-18-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I wonder why.
LOL all I can figure is that either there was stiff competition tonight, or the general public has decided that this season is completely confusing, moreso than any other season, and is starting to give up on it.

I still love it, but even as someone who has never missed an episode, reads about it online and participates in discussions, I'm still often wondering, who's that character again? Haven't we seen that location in some episode years ago? OK, so the guy dressed in black is really the smoke monster who is now impersonating Locke? And he's wanting to do...what again?

I'm in this until the end, but even discussing the show at this point lends to confusion. :P
Old 03-18-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Heat
I ran across this tattoo of Shannon:

Weird, but well done.

How do you climb stairs, go up escalators, stand near glass barriers on high floors, etc. wearing a skirt that short? Won't people totally see your butt or vajayjay? You'd be totally embarrassed!
Old 03-18-10, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 502 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
How do you climb stairs, go up escalators, stand near glass barriers on high floors, etc. wearing a skirt that short? Won't people totally see your butt or vajayjay? You'd be totally embarrassed!
I'm embarrassed for her. I'll help her cover up, with my hands.
Old 03-18-10, 03:30 PM

For some reason, I had a weird thought after watching this episode. It has been suggested that we have been seeing pieces of an alternate/non-Jacob/no crash/no island timeline. What if this is actually the original timeline? Maybe by the end of the series, something big will happen off the island in 2004 to create the actual timeline that we all know. Meanwhile, on the island, the war plays out and at the end there is a white flash. We're back on Oceanic flight 815 all expecting to see a repeat of the season opener - no island, no crash, etc. Instead, boom. The plane crashes and the series ends right back where it began.
Old 03-18-10, 05:15 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RTorres481
For some reason, I had a weird thought after watching this episode. It has been suggested that we have been seeing pieces of an alternate/non-Jacob/no crash/no island timeline. What if this is actually the original timeline? Maybe by the end of the series, something big will happen off the island in 2004 to create the actual timeline that we all know. Meanwhile, on the island, the war plays out and at the end there is a white flash. We're back on Oceanic flight 815 all expecting to see a repeat of the season opener - no island, no crash, etc. Instead, boom. The plane crashes and the series ends right back where it began.
Not a weird thought to me, as I posted something similar a few pages back. But the "end of the flash-sideways leads into the familiar timeline" twist... I like that.
Old 03-18-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by andy434343
So I replied with approval towards him in my agreement with his statement..........(even though he is a person who I don't think I like too much, based on his previous posts about me.)
I have nothing against what AM is doing now.

Which is not posting videos.

Team Smoke Monster was the best, the others were just a bit too long. About like the cake video. It's not really funny, more like, "WTF?"

I never posted anything about you. I don't dislike you, personally, the vids were just a bit meh.

Last edited by DarkestPhoenix; 03-18-10 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-18-10, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 03-18-10, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts

I think I agreed with DRG earlier in something along these lines. Problem is that if the flash-sideways is the original timeline and the crash still happens at some point all of our castaways would know each other prior to the crash. Despite that hole, I think this line of thinking is on the right track.
Old 03-18-10, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cracksky
Here's why I'm not complaining and why I don't have a problem with this final season. This sixth season is paralleling the first season in form and content. In S1, we were introduced to the survivors on the island and then through their various character flash backs. In S6, we conclude the island story while being introduced to new versions of our characters not involved in the crash and how they still interact with one another. Having some type of flashback, flash-forward or flash-sideways is a staple of the show and S6 would not have worked without it. I'm glad they worked it in.
This is basically my thoughts exactly. I think they are doing this for a reason and the naysayers will see the bigger picture as the season unfolds/once it's over and I believe this season will be better for some when seen with that perspective. We ARE getting answers in each episode, just not the ones most fans may be looking for, or not in ways that are overtly obvious. This is going to piece together as one season beautifully, I think.

And we aren't just seeing the characters not involved in the crash...we are seeing them how they ended up if Jacob didn't influence their lives.

I don't try to follow the hype behind this show. Each episode I just let it unfold as it comes to me and have loved it so far.

Originally Posted by Raul3
I liked the episode. I'm starting to believe more in Calhoun's theory.

So it seems the "flash sideways" are what happens if Jacob never touched the Losties. So Sawyer still lost his parents, but Jacob didn't give him a pen to write his letter. Kate still was caught robbing the store when she was a child, but Jacob didn't save her, etc.

I even noticed when they were going from a sideways to the island that they used the sound of flashback, like the island was the flashback. Did anyone else heard that sound?
I didn't notice the sound part...interesting observation. Perhaps it's like the reset time line is the current time line of the season with flash backs showing how we got to that place (the events on the island that lead up to the reset.) Interesting observation indeed.

And yes, in the reset they only do not crash but Jacob never influences their life. It makes all the difference.

Originally Posted by Draven
...there hasn't been any indication before this season that the smoke monster was anything but a "defense system" - now it's a thinking and calculating manipulator? And we're just supposed to accept that?
I have to disagree with this...I always thought that the smoke monster was manifesting itself as people who were dead. It was clearly more than just a defense system from early on in the series. That was just a simplistic explanation of what it was to tide viewers over until we got the full explanation.

And wasn't Vincent with Rose and Bernard in 1977? Vincent has died, folks. Sorry. Rose and Bernard are dead (and the remains in the cave...something I hated the idea of at first but came to accept it) and Vincent is dead as well. They didn't time flash back to 2007 after the bomb went off. I am sure Vincent is alive and well and wagging his tail in the reset time line but he's probably part of the remains in the cave. Somebody suggested that was the head Claire found for her "baby."
Old 03-18-10, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Having the sideways flashes turn into the timeline we all know and love would be a satisfying conclusin that doesnt make the past 6 years seem wasted
Old 03-18-10, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting take and I'd like to see it play out. My only hesitation in accepting this is the writers did promise that all the character's stories would be wrapped up, and to me that would leave the show in a perpetual loop. Either way would be fascinating, though.
Old 03-18-10, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Heat
I ran across this tattoo of Shannon:
What the hell did they do to her lip? Could the artist not tell the difference between lip and shadow? Almost looks like a cigarette awkwardly jammed in there too, unless that's supposed to be a tooth. I don't get it.
Old 03-18-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX
^ because i guess after a while when you see an island dissapear, run from killer smoke, and travel back in time you get kinda numb/desensitised

i did at least though wanted Kate to question why *Locke* is alive, instead of just casually saying "...blah blah, coming from a dead man..."

but i guess seeing Sayid come back alive, undead Locke was no big deal
Yea, I'm not sure if Kate realizes that it's someone else entirely! Sawyer never tells her, and she still thinks it's Locke.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.