Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol Season 9 Auditions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: American Idol Season 9 Auditions Thread

That Mexican guy from last night will be in the top 5. I think his name was Garcia.
Old 01-27-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Does Neil Patrick Harris think this is his show or what!? Leading the questions ("So, what are you going to sing?") to wrapping it up "So Randy, what do you think?"). I had to laugh. No other guest host has ever done this before.
Old 01-27-10, 07:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

The fat, butch Lesbian (guy?) sweating last night was hilarious.
Old 01-27-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Does Neil Patrick Harris think this is his show or what!? Leading the questions ("So, what are you going to sing?") to wrapping it up "So Randy, what do you think?"). I had to laugh. No other guest host has ever done this before.
I loved him

What a drop-off in the 2nd half from NPH to the Jonas bro.
Old 01-27-10, 08:03 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NPH FTW! Loved that he took over the show. I think Simon let him, tho.

The Jonas brother sucked.
Old 01-27-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
The fat, butch Lesbian (guy?) sweating last night was hilarious.
This is so weird. I called a friend while this was on and said "Who is this lesbian!??"
Old 01-27-10, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

NPH was awesome. He would be 100x better than Ellen as the 4th judge. I don't understand the love for the dominatrix barney girl and that last girl that is 16 years old. I thought their vocal were weak.
Old 01-27-10, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zuffy
NPH was awesome. He would be 100x better than Ellen as the 4th judge. I don't understand the love for the dominatrix barney girl and that last girl that is 16 years old. I thought their vocal were weak.
They are serverly casting to load the deck so a girl will win this season. Both Barney girl and the 16 year old girl have average voices.
Old 01-27-10, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
They are serverly casting to load the deck so a girl will win this season. Both Barney girl and the 16 year old girl have average voices.
Come on now.....everyone knows why the 16 year old got a ticket to Hollywood.

And counting down the days until Ellen makes this her show (ugh!). And I'm a huge fan of hers. I just know what she's capable of as a judge based on "So You Think You Can Dance". It's gonna be so painful.
Old 01-27-10, 10:51 PM

the barney girl wasn't that bad.. i thought the blonde girl with the blue shirt and white shorts wasn't worthy of a golden ticket.
Old 01-27-10, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

General thoughts on guest judges:

Avril L. : something about her I couldn't stand, maybe it was the stoopid hoodie. Offered nothing.
Katy Perry: looked HOT. Loved how she clashed with Kara.
Neil PH: smug little shit.
Jonas brother: eh, not bad.

Kara is not as offensive as I would have expected. However, this show is pulling out all the punches with the crazy editing (Barney, anyone). Hoping the hollywood episodes bring it back a bit.
Old 01-27-10, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spoon81
General thoughts on guest judges:

Avril L. : something about her I couldn't stand, maybe it was the stoopid hoodie. Offered nothing.
Katy Perry: looked HOT. Loved how she clashed with Kara.
Neil PH: smug little shit.
Jonas brother: eh, not bad.

Kara is not as offensive as I would have expected. However, this show is pulling out all the punches with the crazy editing (Barney, anyone). Hoping the hollywood episodes bring it back a bit.

This show is so staged. The Katy Perry and Kara clashing? Neil PH and Simon?? Come on. None of it was tense or edgy. Just obvious. I agree with you though that Katy looked hot. She always does. I have a feeling she's a three hit wonder. Another Top 10 album and maybe another top 10 hit, but that's it for this chick. And yes, there was something very annoying about Avril L.
Old 01-27-10, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I missed tonight's show due to the stupid State of the Union address (My TV Guide said it would air at 9:00). Any idea where i can watch this online?
Old 01-27-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't see NPH and Simon clashing. All I saw were random clips of one guy saying NO and the other one saying YES, and then switching. They weren't necessarily even from the same contestants.

I really really really wish the Tourette's guy had the coprolalia variety. That way every song would be peppered with shitpissfuck****.

Barney girl wasn't that good at all. Medicore voice at best.

I love Ellen and think she's hilarious, but if she's allowed free rein, the show will suffer. I can picture them running out of time every week because she goes off on a 5 minute tangent just for some laughs.

TIRED of the sob stories. You had cancer? Don't care. Daddy beat your ass every day for 15 years? Yawn. Your kids are going hungry? TFS.

Another small thing that bugs me is when the contestants do the yellow-ticket-fake-out for their families.

Are there more auditions next week, or have we gotten to Hollywood yet?
Old 01-28-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dino88
That Mexican guy from last night will be in the top 5. I think his name was Garcia.
Andrew Garcia, here is a youtube clip of his American Idol audition:

http://www.youtube.com/user/andrewagarcia

It will be interesting to see how he does with other styles of music.

And if you find yourself picking up a 10 inch knife and stabbing somebody multiple times because of an American Idol disagreement, you are taking it way too serioiusly. And yes, it happened in Florida.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...arrest/1068570

Police: Argument over "American Idol" leads to stabbing, arrest
By Katie Sanders, Times Staff Writer
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 12:55 PM

ST. PETERSBURG — Police said a St. Petersburg woman took a TV dispute too far Tuesday night when she stabbed and scalded her boyfriend over "American Idol.''

Police arrested Cynthia E. Bettis-Ware, 52, on a charge of first-degree attempted murder of Kevin Johnson, 47.

It happened at 11:22 p.m. at the Empress Motel, 1501 Martin Luther King St. N, which the couple listed as their permanent address, said police spokeswoman Jennifer Dawkins.

The couple were watching American Idol when they began arguing over something that happened on the show, Dawkins said. He changed the channel to stop the argument, Dawkins said, but she kept arguing so "he decided, 'Well, I'll go to bed.'''

He awoke to Bettis-Ware wielding a 10-inch butcher knife. She stabbed him five times in the back and twice in the chest, an arrest affidavit states. Police said she also severely burned Johnson with hot cocoa.

Johnson took the knife from her and ran to the motel parking lot, Dawkins said. Bettis-Ware chased after him with another knife, she said.

Soon a crowd formed and someone called police, who arrested Bettis-Ware in her motel room, she said. She was being held without bail in the Pinellas County jail Wednesday.

Last edited by Heat; 01-28-10 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-28-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy shit, Avril Lavigne is a worthless piece of skin. "I like the rasp in your voice. It's punk rock" ..Like ties are punk rock? or dudes from Sum 41 are punk rock? Or hoodies with horns, cameras, and american idol are punk rock? Bitch is clueless....Doesn't help that she was totally confused by the sound of voices that were singing on pitch without the aid of autotune.
Old 01-28-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Are there more auditions next week, or have we gotten to Hollywood yet?

I don't think we'll see Hollywood for another month at least. These auditions last longer every year.
Old 01-28-10, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I guess I'm alone, but I kinda liked Avril Lavigne. It was nice having a guest judge who just wasn't a rubber stamp to the other judges (she actually said no AFTER Simon said yes).

Going forward, I also like Katy Perry (for multiple reasons!), and I thought NPH did the best job of them all. From what we saw I thought the Jonas brother was pretty useless.
Old 01-28-10, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat
It happened at 11:22 p.m. at the Empress Motel, 1501 Martin Luther King St
[ChrisRock]Nothing good ever happens on Martin Luther King Street![/ChrisRock]
Old 01-28-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia

I don't think we'll see Hollywood for another month at least. These auditions last longer every year.
Next week is the Denver auditions. Not sure about a second location for next week.
Old 01-28-10, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts

Here's the upcoming schedule, per americanidol.com.

Denver Auditions: February 2nd
Audition Recap w/best/worst performances Feb 3rd.

Hollywood Round, Part 1: February 9th
Hollywood Round, Part 2: February 10th
Hollywood Round, Part 3: February 16th
Hollywood Round, Part 4: February 17th

Top 12 Female Semifinalists Perform: February 23rd
Top 12 Male Semifinalists Perform: February 24th
Two Male and Two Female Eliminated: February 25th

Top 10 Female Semifinalists Perform: March 2nd
Top 10 Male Semifinalists Perform: March 3rd
Two Male and Two Female Eliminated: March 4th

Top 8 Female Semifinalists Perform: March 9th
Top 8 Male Semifinalists Perform: Match 10th:
Two Male and Two Female Eliminated: March 11st

Finalists Perform: March 16th
One Contestant Eliminated: March 17th
Old 01-28-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose

TIRED of the sob stories. You had cancer? Don't care. Daddy beat your ass every day for 15 years? Yawn. Your kids are going hungry? TFS.
I loved the sob story last night of "My parents got divorced...now it's just me and my brother" poor ickle baby. She had like 10 people waiting for her outside too, looked like at least her dad and maybe her step dad as well.
Old 01-28-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mike Walker was on Stern just now and said that Ellen and Simon are barely on speaking terms. They were all supposed to shoot some clip or promo last week and Cowell was an hour late and Ellen said "Fuck it, let's just shoot it". Walker also said he's been hearing Ellen wants to take over "Idol" completely when Cowell leaves.
Old 01-28-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
Always have been useless. If she were to audition for AI, she wouldn't goto hollywood. Seen a few of her live singing on NYE and award shows. Horrible vocal. The studio really clean up her vocal.
Sorry pal but you're full of it. Personally, I have no great love for Avril's music but that kid can sing. I recommend you check out her performance at the Beijing Olympics closing ceremony. And she did NOT lip sync. And she did it in front of a billion people. Sure, she's a bobble head, but don't say she can't sing.
Old 01-28-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Flave
Sorry pal but you're full of it. Personally, I have no great love for Avril's music but that kid can sing. I recommend you check out her performance at the Beijing Olympics closing ceremony. And she did NOT lip sync. And she did it in front of a billion people. Sure, she's a bobble head, but don't say she can't sing.
Is this what you are referring to?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nW2duUg6sxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nW2duUg6sxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IMO - she cant sing, she can grate pretty well tho.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.