Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis" - 9/17/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis" - 9/17/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-09, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis" - 9/1

There's never been an episode of Sunny I didn't enjoy and this was no exception, but it didn't wow me either. The best parts were Charlie educating Frank on Child Abuse Laws and Hugh Honey and Vic Vinegar's house showing.

Also having never heard of it, The "Archer" pilot was really amusing too.
Old 09-17-09, 10:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis" - 9/1

"I can see clearly you know nothing about the law and it seems like you have a tenuous grasp of the English language in general"

"Well, filibuster"
Old 09-17-09, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The episode seemed to go by really quickly in my mind. I think there just wasn't quite enough plot to satisfy me, but the character bits were all excellent.
Old 09-17-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

"Thats because I generate so much power at the top you need alot of power to accept it"
Old 09-17-09, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
The episode seemed to go by really quickly in my mind. I think there just wasn't quite enough plot to satisfy me, but the character bits were all excellent.
I felt the same way. Good episode, but not a classic.

As for Archer? I had been somewhat interested, but that pilot episode was terrible. I'll pass on that one now.

That commercial for The League caught my eye though. A 30 second spot had more laughs than all of Archer. Maybe they should have aired its pilot instead.
Old 09-17-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't get why they wouldn't have started The League closer to the start of the football season. I agree that the promos look good, but they're not going to be as relevant when half of fantasy football owners have been eliminated from contention.
Old 09-17-09, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

Ugh. I only got 30 minutes on my DirecTV DVR. At least they have the replay set for 1:03.
Old 09-18-09, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Ugh. I only got 30 minutes on my DirecTV DVR. At least they have the replay set for 1:03.
Same here... damn... at least I got to see Dee strutting around in a bikini
Old 09-18-09, 10:45 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by lewisb73
Same here... damn... at least I got to see Dee strutting around in a bikini
The scene where they're all at the pool was the end. FX had it as an hour long in some guides because they didn't want to promote the Archer pilot that came on at 9:30.
Old 09-18-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Entertaining episode with Charlie and the lawyer stuff being the highlight.
Dee's "jack knife" into the pool was also hilarious. I was hoping for a full hour though.

I didn't care for the Archer pilot. I watched half of it and was bored so I turned it off.
Old 09-18-09, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

Thankfully I recorded the "TBA" that was in the DTV program guide after Sunny, otherwise I would have missed the last few minutes of the episode.

Charlie vs. the lawyer was good stuff.

Is Archer made by the same people who did Sealab 2021? The animation looks kind of similar.
Old 09-18-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Is Archer made by the same people who did Sealab 2021? The animation looks kind of similar.
According to IMDb it is. Adam Reed created Sealab and produces Archer.
Old 09-18-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

They could do an entire episode of Charlie and the attorney's duel!

I loved this episode but that's nothing unusual for me. I could watch this show hour after hour and never get tired of it.
Old 09-18-09, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"you're not supposed to be here while my parents are at work"
"your parents aren't at work, that's why they lost the house. they're probably at the track getting wasted"
"c'mon kids, let's repaint your room a color that isn't stupid and throw your toys in the trash"

Old 09-18-09, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Charlie and all the bird law stuff was great. I was thinking of it as I was walking from my car into work this morning and I almost started cracking up like a mad man.
Old 09-18-09, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Sure we could cave in your skull, paint the walls with your blood, and then take your wife down to the basement . . . "

Oh man, I have zero problems with the hour long episodes, I could never get sick of this show. This may not have been a classic, but it's definitely one I could re-watch a lot & get a new favorite bit every time.
Old 09-19-09, 05:58 AM

Fantastic episode.

Did anyone notice that the woman buying the house was Anna from Free Radio.
Old 09-19-09, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This thread had me all prepared for an hour of Sunny and then it just ended half way. I feel emotionally damaged and am considering my legal options. I demand satisfaction!
Old 09-20-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Archer was hilarious. Pleasantly surprised by it.

The Always Sunny episode was pretty good. Lots of great lines. Charlie vs. the Lawyer.
Old 09-21-09, 04:16 PM

"are you going to buy this house, are you going to buy this house, are you going to buy this house, are you going to buy this house, yes what, good thats all i needed to hear"
Old 09-21-09, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why don't I take your wife upstairs and show her what it's like to be deep inside a really big house?!
Old 09-22-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

So when will this be available on Hulu?
Old 09-22-09, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hulu is very good about explaining what is available and when. From the show page:

Originally Posted by Hulu
Season 5 episodes will be available on an 8-day delay from air, starting September 25.
Old 09-23-09, 08:08 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I thought Archer was hilarious. Pleasantly surprised by it.

The Always Sunny episode was pretty good. Lots of great lines. Charlie vs. the Lawyer.
Agree on both counts. I was set to be pissed about the sneaky way they pushed Archer on me, but 5 minutes in I was glad they did. "Food rapist" I'll definitely be watching come January.

The lawyer on Sunny is a great character. He made the episode for me and I hope he shows up in future episodes.