Search this Thread

Old 11-24-08, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Heroes -- "The Eclipse Part 1" -- 11/24/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Part 1 of 2. Arthur sends Sylar and Elle after Claire; Matt, Hiro and Ando follow Daphne to uncover her secret; Nathan and Peter search for the Haitian in hopes that he can stop their father. Seth Green and Breckin Meyer guest star.

Seth Green and Breckin Meyer? The casting director needs to be fired!!
Old 11-24-08, 10:14 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
They are apparently comic book nerds...so it kinda fits.
Old 11-24-08, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I officially dropped this show yesterday. I was two weeks behind and had no desire to watch. Too bad, for some reason I love this show and dislike it all at the same time.

Hopefully I hear good word of mouth about the next volume so I can jump back in the fray.
Old 11-24-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Seth Green and Breckin Meyer? The casting director needs to be fired!!
One's power is to turn into a werewolf and the other conjures up a fat orange feline cat.

Or maybe this is a universe they created outside of the Heroes World and they wrote themselves into a corner and will start all over again, but somehow the Heroes figure this out ala "Stranger than Fiction"?
Old 11-24-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So this is apparently the start of a new arc. Did you all like how the last one ended?
Old 11-24-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They lose their power. The end.
Old 11-24-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Great, an explanation of the eclipse that did absolutely nothing the first time around.

And I actually still like the show but this eclipse thing is a pet peeve of mine.
Old 11-24-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
They lose their power. The end.
Then you can stop watching!

Sorry, but you can put me firmly in the camp that doesn't get all the vitriol.

Most of the people here seem to have their own personal "pet peeve" as justification for hating the show, yet most continue to watch. And rant. And watch again. That makes no sense to me at all.

I guess I'm lucky, in that I have no such preconceptions. I'm not trying to define the parameters of the "Heroes universe" to match my expectations of what could, should, or would happen. I'm just letting the story unfold, and finding it quite enjoyable.
Old 11-24-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I'm just not a fan of a show rewriting it's past and then acting like they never did that. Since when did the eclipse give people powers? Claire would be dead if that were true.
Old 11-24-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Hooray for RoboDad...excellent post w/sentiments I've been feeling for weeks regarding the usual negahaters for 'Heroes.'

Settle down - it's just a tv show. If you want logic and linear storytelling, go watch something else. Why, week after week, are there always 2 or 3 people whining and pissing and moaning about plot points? Reality check people: NOBODY here cares if you don't plan to watch the show anymore.

Really. NOBODY.

So, we don't need to read the incessant posts about quitting the show each and every week. Let the people still along for the ride discuss it.
Old 11-24-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm still enjoying it.

There are just some incredibly bitter people on here that are still miffed that their Favourite Show was cancelled, supposedly in favour of this "pile of poo".
Old 11-24-08, 06:34 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
RoboDad nailed it.

I like the show and watch every week LIVE. If you don't like it, just stop watching and go watch something else.
Old 11-24-08, 06:36 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

If you don't like it, just stop watching and go watch something else.

by the look of the ratings, they are.
Old 11-24-08, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

poor kristen bell. she got whacked pretty hard.
Old 11-24-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
seems people are losing their touch .....
Sylar says "I hate Heroes" and nobody who dislikes the show agrees with him??

The Peter/Nathan thing looks as though it'll be a boring "side story" thing, hope it ends quick.

Sylar partly back to his old self and fans rejoice
Old 11-24-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Hooray for RoboDad...excellent post w/sentiments I've been feeling for weeks regarding the usual negahaters for 'Heroes.'

Settle down - it's just a tv show. If you want logic and linear storytelling, go watch something else. Why, week after week, are there always 2 or 3 people whining and pissing and moaning about plot points? Reality check people: NOBODY here cares if you don't plan to watch the show anymore.

Really. NOBODY.

So, we don't need to read the incessant posts about quitting the show each and every week. Let the people still along for the ride discuss it.
Who said anything about quiting the show? How did one sentence give everyone the idea I was through with this show?
People are reading way too much into my post and seem a little defensive too.
It clearly says on the commercial that they all lost their powers in this week's episode.
Old 11-24-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can buy people flying and having magical powers, but I cant buy someone liking that stupid crazy fast chick.

I hope this eclipse is an excuse not to give some people their powers back and write them off the show.
Old 11-24-08, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Nathan seemed to have a "Something About Mary" thing going on with his hair in the first scene.
Old 11-24-08, 10:02 PM

Longest.Eclipse.EVER
Old 11-24-08, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's been weeks since the start of the show in show time, right? Two significant eclipses? I'm not sure there have been two eclipses as significant as what was shown in my lifetime.
Old 11-24-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When "Heroes" creator Tim Kring called people who watch his show live "poor saps" and "dipshits," the fan community was outraged. Forums all over the Internet filled up with fans complaining about how Kring was characterizing his audience.

Kring, however, has offered an apology for what he described as a "mangled quote."

"It was made while trying to explain the rise in DVR and online audience for the show," Kring said in an open letter to fans. "I was making the point that these platforms now offer a superior way to watch the show (without commercials, with extra content, commentary, at the audience's convenience, etc.) And went on to say how it's getting to the point where 'watching the show on the air is relegated to the poor saps and dipshits who can't figure out how to program their DVRs.'

"It was a boneheaded attempt at being cute and making a point. Instead, it turned out to be just plain insulting and stupid. I know now how it sounded, but I truly never meant to suggest anything bad about our audience."

Kring said his focus right now is fixing "Heroes" and trying to bring it back to its first-season glory. Ratings have been down for the NBC show the past two years, and there has been some chatter on whether or not there will be a fourth season in recent weeks.

"No one cares more about the fans than we do at 'Heroes,' and no one appreciates them more than me," Kring said. "We are grateful for whatever way people are finding our show. Now more than ever."
Old 11-24-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Thank you Cox. Someone please summarize the last five minutes for me which DVR did not see fit to record.
Old 11-25-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This episode was a mess. All these characters walking around trying to figure out why they don't have powers. Not entertaining in the least.
Old 11-25-08, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I think the scene where HRG dislocates Sylar's Shoulder but decides not to shoot him and Elle is a microcosm of what's wrong with Kring's direction. He's not going to kill them when he has a chance? Why create a cliffhanger with an absolutely obvious conclusion?

I love the concept of the show but there really is no set plan of what outline the show should follow.
Old 11-25-08, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I realize there was an eclipse going on, but visually, this episode was a chore to watch.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.