Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office -- "Customer Survey" -- 11/06/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the question more precisely is whether Paul Lieberstein provided the voice of the customer. I think it's likely he did because that's the sort of thing a writer would commonly do on a sitcom.
Old 11-11-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by maingon
thats how this the past 3 episodes have been for me, I live in Grand Rapids MI and thought it was the local feed. its like your getting the Widescreen HD Feed but you are watching it on a SD normal tv so you lose stuff on the sides and sometimes the characters are talking and they are off screen.
I live in Muskegon and every episode I've watched has been in widescreen. At the very beginning of the episode, for about a half second, the video was fullscreen, but then switched to widescreen for the rest of the episode.

My TV is a SD TV and as far as I can remember, every episode I've seen this season has been in widescreen. I haven't noticed any weird compositions or anything. I wonder for those who get a fullscreen video, if someone at the station forgot to flip the switch?
Old 11-11-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think the question more precisely is whether Paul Lieberstein provided the voice of the customer. I think it's likely he did because that's the sort of thing a writer would commonly do on a sitcom.
While it does seem like the sort of thing a writer might be called in to do, I can't imagine they would go with an actor who has already played such a major role on the show (and one with a fairly distinctive voice as well) for fear of people wondering why Toby is ordering paper from Costa Rica.

I didn't think the voice sounded like Toby when I watched the episode.
Old 11-11-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fanboy
While it does seem like the sort of thing a writer might be called in to do, I can't imagine they would go with an actor who has already played such a major role on the show (and one with a fairly distinctive voice as well) for fear of people wondering why Toby is ordering paper from Costa Rica.

I didn't think the voice sounded like Toby when I watched the episode.
I agree with all of this, but it just makes the question whether the guy in question could pull off a non-Toby voice for this purpose. Hard to say. Perhaps we can get some clarity on this point from a DVD commentary or something.
Old 11-11-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sanjuro37
And Kevin (though he's just kind of creepy about it rather than really trying to date her). And Ryan.
And Creed. Who would like to see Beesley play the piano. Topless.
Old 11-11-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So now that we've established Holly's not coming back, is there going to be a new addition to the cast for an HR person? Or are they thinking of bringing Toby back?
Old 11-12-08, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
I thought it was great that they put this episode, when Kelly screws up so big (and not in a way that benefits Dunder Mifflin), in a time when they have no HR rep to screw up Michael's "punishment" of Kelly.