Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- CGI animated series -- Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-08, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks mighty sweet in HD too.

Here's hoping the series makes it's way to Blu-Ray.
Old 10-20-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 135 Posts
I'm hoping to get Dish Network soon which should give me access to Cartoon Network HD.

Is it shown at 2.35 or 1.78 on the HD channel?

I hate the battle droid antics too, but I''ll take those over gay and baby hutts any day.

One thing that is irking me a little is the constant callbacks to the movies in terms of little dialog lines here and there. Not every episode has to feature a line from one of the movies.
Old 10-20-08, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey does anyone know if the female jedi in Star Wars The Force Unleashed is the girl Anakin is training in this series?
Old 10-20-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Hey does anyone know if the female jedi in Star Wars The Force Unleashed is the girl Anakin is training in this series?
Different one. Juno Eclipse initially works for Vader, but is not a Jedi... she actually thinks the Jedis are the bad guys because of her past and because of how Anakin, (now Darth), has twisted things.

Don't know if this needs spoilerizing but just in case:
Spoiler:
She plays a crucial role in The Force Unleashed as she works with/develops feelings for Vader's apprentice.

Anakin's apprentice in the cartoon series is Ahsoka (introduced in The Clone Wars). I'm curious as to what happened to her when Order 66 came down...
Old 10-25-08, 06:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts
Gotta say, I am surprised that I am enjoying this show as much as I do. Last episode was pretty cool... the dark gray commando robots actually had some "menace" to them, and looked pretty badass... too bad they weren't the ones showcased in the prequel movies...
Old 10-25-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
you can say that they're doing that to appeal to kids, but the show airs on Friday nights at 9 PM.
Airs at 5:30 here in southern CA, with a repeat immediately after.

My son and I are really enjoying the show.

While the droid antics are beyond silly, I love the frequent action. This last ep. was fantastic with one of the clones sacrificing himself for his comrades. The sequence of him holding off the droids while taking hits was well-directed.

Great lessons about teamwork to talk about with my boy.
Old 10-31-08, 02:27 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Ah, who cares about CA?

this last episode was MUCH better. And I think it's because of the serious tone. The new battle droids were light years better than the original infantry-style ones (who were still in the episode, but didn't have any stupid moments).
Old 11-02-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RD1973
Is it just me, or was last night's episode actually awesome?

Plo Koon, proto-Ywings, Kaminoans, Greivous, and the cool space creatures. Also, Greivous's ship is from ROTS concept art. It was actually my preferred design.

And best of all, no lame humor at all.
Agreed! The Y-wings were always my favourite ships, and Grevious's ship is way cool. I kept thinking that when they use the Ion blast why doesn't every ship just fly down!

I also love the brush strokes on Grevious's helmet. The HD really shows of details like this. Like the etchings on the mask covering Koons face.

I actually quite like the droids talk, the fact that they know they are no good at shooting with the ships guns. makes you understand why they got rid of them.
I think I would get the BD of this.
Old 11-08-08, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw last night's show. Another good episode. However, the techno music really sucked. They have to stick with orchestral music.
Old 11-08-08, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just saw last night's show. Another good episode. However, the techno music really sucked. They have to stick with orchestral music.
Agreed. Loved the battle between Anakin and the pair of IG-88s.
Old 11-20-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Warning! Tomorrow's episode features the return of Jar Jar Binks.
Old 11-20-08, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul1957
Warning! Tomorrow's episode features the return of Jar Jar Binks.
Teamed up with C3PO no less!

Looks like this series is about to hit a brick wall.
Old 11-23-08, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jason
Teamed up with C3PO no less!

Looks like this series is about to hit a brick wall.
This wasn't my favorite episode, but I didn't hate it either. I think that Jar Jar used to annoy me so much because the movies only had 2 hours to tell their story. I couldn't understand why Lucas was wasting time on him. In the TV show, they have all the time in the world to develop the characters. So a couple of goofy episodes per season are actually welcome. Also, Jar Jar works much better as a character on a kid's show than in the Star Wars movies.
Old 11-23-08, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like we are about 2 weeks behind you guys here in the UK. I like storing a few episodes up and watching 3 at a time.

One thing I thought was funny was a few episodes ago were the 2 driods walking down the hall. One hears the Twilight attaching itself to the emergancy airlock and making the noise and one droid saying "did you hear that?", and then all the dialogue that followed!

Just thought it was quite funny!

Last edited by jdslater1; 11-23-08 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-23-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 135 Posts
I had to fast forward through most of this episode. I can tolerate, albeit barely, Jar Jar in TPM but when he's the focal point I can't do it.
Old 11-23-08, 09:06 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts
I would say each and every prequel Star Wars movie would be at least a 1/2 of star better if they used a different voice for the annoying droid army troopers and Jar Jar Binks.
Old 11-23-08, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
This wasn't my favorite episode, but I didn't hate it either. I think that Jar Jar used to annoy me so much because the movies only had 2 hours to tell their story. I couldn't understand why Lucas was wasting time on him. In the TV show, they have all the time in the world to develop the characters. So a couple of goofy episodes per season are actually welcome. Also, Jar Jar works much better as a character on a kid's show than in the Star Wars movies.
It was better than I expected. Fortunately, it was a one episode story arc.

Unfortunately, we're in for three weeks of repeats while they rerun the Malevolence storyline. I imagine it'll be getting a DVD release as well.
Old 12-08-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After that horrible Jar Jar episode the show is back on track.
Old 12-08-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
After that horrible Jar Jar episode the show is back on track.
Yup, this week's was quite good.

I'm glad this show is using a lot of the lesser characters, it makes it much more interesting than spending every episode with Anakin and Obi Wan.
Old 12-08-08, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah that is the best thing about the show. You'll get episodes feature people you never see in the movies or you see them very little.
Old 12-19-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 173 Posts
Starting December 22, all 10 episodes of the hit Cartoon Network series that have aired to date will be available online at the official Star Wars website and at CartoonNetwork.com. What's more, each episode features a video commentary by supervising director Dave Filoni; a web comic; and a detailed episode guide containing concept art and additional insights into Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

The online marathon ends on Monday, Jan. 5.

And on Friday, January 2nd, the first new Clone Wars episode of 2009, "Dooku Captured," debuts at 9 p.m. on Cartoon Network.
Old 12-21-08, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bump for tomorrow.
Old 12-21-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 819 Likes on 691 Posts
This show has turned out better than the movie. Anyone want to comment on how it looks in HD? My provider does not have this channel in HD yet.
Old 12-21-08, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,029 Likes on 848 Posts
Is it wrong to say the cartoon Padme was kind of, er, hot in this episode?
Old 01-02-09, 04:48 PM
Banned

I just finished watching all 10 episodes back to back. I can't believe I almost skipped out on this show because I hated the movie with the baby Hutt. The show is so much better than the movie (except for that crappy Jar Jar episode... hope there aren't too many Jar Jar episodes in the future).

Rookies was my favorite episode. I can't believe they actually had a clone trooper sacrifice himself on a kid's cartoon... that was pretty intense.

I also second the poster who mentioned the narrator at the beginning sounding too much like Starship Troopers. Why in the world did they do that instead of using the traditional opening crawl message? The crawl would have been so much better.

Has there been any new word on the live-action tv series? I thought it was supposed to come out sometime in 2009, but there has been so little info on it...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.