Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- CGI animated series -- Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3

I almost am looking forward to a Jar-Jar episode opposed to seeing the baddest character ever to exist - Cad Bane. I really dislike how badass they make him; he is better tan the entire Jedi Council.
Old 09-20-10, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
I almost am looking forward to a Jar-Jar episode opposed to seeing the baddest character ever to exist - Cad Bane. I really dislike how badass they make him; he is better tan the entire Jedi Council.
So you dislike Cad Bane because he is such a bad ass? Never heard that one before.
Old 09-20-10, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just started in on season 1 and so far really like the show (surprised at how dark it gets... the popping of escape pods as they sat is space stranded was not expected). I could do with a little less "stupid droid" comments from the bad-guy army droids though. It's hard to take them as a serious threat when they have been only shown to be three-stooges-like jokes.
Old 09-20-10, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I've just started in on season 1 and so far really like the show (surprised at how dark it gets... the popping of escape pods as they sat is space stranded was not expected). I could do with a little less "stupid droid" comments from the bad-guy army droids though. It's hard to take them as a serious threat when they have been only shown to be three-stooges-like jokes.
Roger, Roger.
Old 09-21-10, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Living the dream: just watched this week's SWTCW with my padawan for the first time.

Given that he's only 2.5 days old, I don't know how much he understood -- but it was a 'moment' for me.
Congrats, GuessWho
Old 09-21-10, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
So you dislike Cad Bane because he is such a bad ass? Never heard that one before.
I don't hate him , but he has completely foiled the entire Jedi Council, even in the Jedi Temple with the bulk of the council 15 feet away, and did it with ease. He makes the Jedis look like they can not handle themselves no matter how many of them he has to face. I feel like the creators are compensating for making characters like Boba Fett appear so inept.
Old 09-25-10, 11:52 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

this latest episode typified everything that is wrong with the prequel universe. 1/2 hour of board meetings, diplomatic rhetoric, idiotic robot voices, and Jar Jar Binks.

Tough to really give a shit about either side in this conflict considering it's evil generic robots vs generic clones that we know ultimately become evil.
Old 09-25-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
this latest episode typified everything that is wrong with the prequel universe. 1/2 hour of board meetings, diplomatic rhetoric, idiotic robot voices, and Jar Jar Binks.

Tough to really give a shit about either side in this conflict considering it's evil generic robots vs generic clones that we know ultimately become evil.
Not to mention a central plot that made no sense to begin with. When you have ships with Hyper drives, I dont understand the need for a nearby planet to use as a "staging platform" for aid. For that matter how was a lone ship able to run the blockade so easily at the end and come through completely unscathed after an entire battle garrison had just been destroyed by said blockade?
Old 09-25-10, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusm
I don't hate him , but he has completely foiled the entire Jedi Council, even in the Jedi Temple with the bulk of the council 15 feet away, and did it with ease. He makes the Jedis look like they can not handle themselves no matter how many of them he has to face. I feel like the creators are compensating for making characters like Boba Fett appear so inept.
The Jedi are overconfident, which is what's leading to their downfall. That's how Bane was able to best them.

I know, I know, they really don't do an effective job illustrating this, but it is hinted at in the prequel trilogy.
Old 09-26-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

I turned the latest episode off about 10 minutes in. Boring. Usually I'm a completist when I'm committed to a tv series, but for this clone wars show, I didn't mind skipping it. I did that to that one cloverfield episode from last season. That wasn't even SW! But overall, I still enjoy the show. Just some episodes are a chore to get through.
Old 09-26-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I could not agree more on this episode. Barely watchable as the worst parts of the prequel timeline were the focus of the plot. Why Lucas ever thought things like a trade war was a compelling basis for an intergalactic struggle is beyond comprehension.

Having watched since the first episode, I am close to dropping the show. The writing is mostly going in circles and hitting the same notes again and again.
Old 10-02-10, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yet another episode with a trade blockade as a plot device. And more flaccid scenes of people making insipid speeches in front of the senate.
Old 10-08-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this show has gotten dull fast.

Next week doesn't look any better.
Old 10-11-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Next week looks better than this one past one or the Jar Jar one, but please stop with all the meetings and diplomatic rubbish. Yes adults make up a good portion of the audiance, but there are probably more kids watching and NONE of them give a shit about any of this crap. I am sure this weeks and the next one will all lead to show the Mandorians more since they have been discussed since 1980 and there has been no cannon about them since. And I see that there are some Mandolorian toys coming out next year.
Old 10-13-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cant figure out what happened to this show. Did some writers leave? Or did Lucas stick his paws back in the creative process? I know in season one the show only really started to get good once they were no longer bound by the scripts that Lucas had a hand in writing.
Old 10-13-10, 11:57 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't tell you how many times as a child of the early 80's that I would sit my Star Wars figures around a large makeshift conference table made out of legos and have them discuss trade routes and planetary blockades while debating the merits of joining the Separatists. Ahh, memories...
Old 10-16-10, 10:09 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

better, but still an overall meh episode.

[sarcasm]gee, us as the audience couldn't POSSIBLY be interested in seeing the adventures of Skywalker and Kit Fisto?[/sarcasm] nahhhhhhh, we'd rather watch the Mandalorian Scooby Gang take down government corruption.
Old 10-16-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't tell you how many times as a child of the early 80's that I would sit my Star Wars figures around a large makeshift conference table made out of legos and have them discuss trade routes and planetary blockades while debating the merits of joining the Separatists. Ahh, memories...
Old 10-16-10, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah I don't know why they are wasting time on these silly story lines when they can have Yoda go on another mission. How many people care about illegal food shipments by senators.
Old 11-06-10, 06:46 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Surprisingly, an episode starting with Padme and Threepio throwing a tea-party ended up being rather decent... Cad Bane is a pretty cool character... not quite as awesome as Boba Fett (before Lucas murdered his backstory), but decent nonetheless. I liked the intercut footage of Threepio being tortured and Artoo being pampered... the Hutt council stuff worked for me as well...
Old 11-06-10, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

Unfortunately this show has become background watching for me
Old 11-06-10, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

glad to know this hasn't gotten any better. i bailed at some point during season 2. was just boring to watch, honestly.
Old 11-14-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Star Wars Clone Wars - Nov. 12

Don't know who's been watching, but this past episode introduced Sy Snoodles from "Return of the Jedi", complete with a musical number, plus we lost a character that was the bad guy in the original Star Wars Clone Wars movie that introduced this series. Not a bad ep, my wife actually watched it with me. A lot of plot for a 22 minute show.
Old 11-14-10, 04:34 PM
Banned

Re: Star Wars Clone Wars - Nov. 12

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Don't know who's been watching, but this past episode introduced Sy Snoodles...
This sounds like the name of a Teddy Bear.
Old 11-14-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: Star Wars Clone Wars - Nov. 12

It was a real good episode. I never used my 30-second skip a single time!

I also didn't miss Anakin or Ahsoka at all.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.