Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor Gabon -- 2 hour season premiere -- 9/25/08

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
When the guy was talking about the gay guy (who liked him) and he said he thought he was a good looking, nice man, but sorry he didn't roll that way, I thought that's exactly the way I would feel.
It's nice to know that you would let me down gently.
Old 09-26-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by arminius
I remeber watching the first survivor and when the merge came. There was the one female that was great at survival tasks and challenges and led her tribe very well. Then at the merge she was voted off. I thought WTF? Why her, she was the best player in both tribes. And now it seems everyone tries to get off those who they feel are too strong. Is this what is meant by the meek shall inherit Gabon?
Thing is that was not a consensus decision. It was the first true blindside in Survivor. The Hatch/Rudy/Kelly/Susan alliance started playing a "dirty" game. The other people were still playing the "nice guy / let the best man win" game. It was the inflection point for the show.
Old 09-26-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I just read the following from Randy's bio on the CBS site:

"Randy Bailey wants to be personally responsible for crushing the hopes and dreams of all other contestants with delusions of winning SURVIVOR. He considers himself a ruthless bully who enjoys picking on those that were not blessed with his strength or intellect.

Randy describes himself as angry, blunt, mean and sarcastic (yet charming), and admits he's a train wreck.
Bailey declares he has no living relatives besides an older brother, from whom he hasn't heard from in years. He says he has never met a person who didn't eventually disappoint him. The only "person" he has ever loved was his recently deceased black Labrador mix, Johnson, with whom he lived for 13 years.

His biggest pet peeves are cell phones and overly religious people, and he says he doesn't allow either in his home or car."

Damn, what a pitiful life. I would hate to be that old and be so bitter, angry, and pathetic. Grow up, dude.
I saw that too. I assumed that he was just being a smart-ass with his bio ... but maybe not.

Ace's makes him seem like a winner too:

Ace Gordon is a self-proclaimed charmer in every sense of the word. With an English accent and a shaved head, he is an absolute fan of the game and 100% confident in his manipulation skills. Born in New York but raised in London, Ace attended the prestigious Hill House School in Knightsbridge. His privileged background and world travels lead Gordon to mockingly state, "I'm probably better than you and highly more [sic] educated."
Old 09-26-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Yeah, he seems like a shithead also.
Old 09-26-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Apparently they told them to dress up for a photo shoot .. and then started the game.

LOL the guy who picked the pin-up model during team picking with 4 or 5 strong dudes standing there.

Would've liked to see Michelle hang around and stir shit up but honestly if you alienate that many people on day one, you're just a complete moron.
Old 09-26-08, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
I see dumb people...

The school yard pick was aweful.

Voting out Michelle was dumb.

I'm a terrible speller, but Mishell for Michelle - Jil for Gillian?! Dumb.

Sending a strong player to exile was dumb.

Strong player on exile can't find crater, looks in water? Dumb.

Exile man comes back, and shows everone he didn't find the idol? They're not going to out the idol! Dumb.

Making a fishhook out of eyeglasses? Genius!
Old 09-27-08, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts
For a second, I thought they might be even more stupid by voting off Exile Island dude
Old 09-27-08, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems as though people didn't agree with the teams that each team picked. While trying to pick the strongest players may be the best way to go, I think that some of them were more concerned with picking a few players who they thought were weaker than themselves so that there's no target on them. I don't know what is actually best, but I do think there is some merit to that idea.
Old 09-27-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidh777
For a second, I thought they might be even more stupid by voting off Exile Island dude
Me too!
Old 09-27-08, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
It's nice to know that you would let me down gently.
We can still be buddies!

Chris
Old 09-27-08, 12:57 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
So nobody noticed Marcus' manly part totally flopping out of his boxers during one challenge? I can't believe the censors didn't blur it.
Old 09-27-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I couldn't believe the Olympian picked Susie. Wha?
Old 09-27-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by parrotheads4
I'm a terrible speller, but Mishell for Michelle - Jil for Gillian?! Dumb.
I thought it looked like M'Shell with an apostrophe
Old 09-27-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
So, blurred camel toe was voted off?
It appeared to me that her undies were partially transparent and you could see the "landing strip." You could notice it during TC from a distance and it wasn't blurred.

Not that I was paying attention. I blame the new HD format
Old 09-27-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TomOpus
It appeared to me that her undies were partially transparent and you could see the "landing strip." You could notice it during TC from a distance and it wasn't blurred.

Not that I was paying attention. I blame the new HD format
I watched the TC again and didn't see anything that needed to be hidden. Maybe when she took her torch to be snuffed, but that was less than a second. Not that I had a magnifying glass or anything.
Old 09-28-08, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Originally Posted by Howiefan
So nobody noticed Marcus' manly part totally flopping out of his boxers during one challenge? I can't believe the censors didn't blur it.
Didn't notice that. Which challenge?

I was thinking about Survivor premiere episodes, and I think they should change things up a bit. I like having an episode more than an hour, it helps to get to know people a bit better, but sometimes the 2-hour episodes can feel really long, like this one. Instead of having a 2-hour episode with 2 people voted out, I think they should do a 90-minute episode with one person being voted out. That way we'll be able to get to know the players a bitter better, maybe get a little more drama out of the first vote. Put it with a 90-minute CSI season opener and I don't see why CBS wouldn't come away happy.
Old 09-28-08, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I couldn't help but laugh during shots when they just showed Randy's facial expressions, they were priceless! I hope the one dude who was on exile stays around til the merge at least, he seems like one hope for the Fang tribe. I also wanted to see Kenny tag Michelle, thankfully they got rid of Gillian too.
Old 09-28-08, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Howiefan
I found a vid and screen grabs over at a gay site.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 09-28-08 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-28-08, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I found a vid and screen grabs over at a gay site.
Really? They let his hangliness go thru, but for us straight guys they didn't let a little 'toe' go thru?

Chris
Old 09-28-08, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus

Not that I was paying attention. I blame applaud the new HD format
Fixed!

Chris
Old 09-28-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Quack
I couldn't help but laugh during shots when they just showed Randy's facial expressions, they were priceless! I hope the one dude who was on exile stays around til the merge at least, he seems like one hope for the Fang tribe. I also wanted to see Kenny tag Michelle, thankfully they got rid of Gillian too.
If the exile island guy is their one hope they are doomed. He reads the clue and says "aha, a crater eh? It must be in the middle of the pond. Why can't I find it? " Did he really think the entire pond would have to be dredged to find the idol? What a maroon.
Old 09-28-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Sugar is the nickname for actress Jessica Kiper. I guess she has some revealing scenes in the movie Sex and Death 101.
Old 09-28-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman
they kind of ruined it by voting out michelle, however. I need eye candy on survivor and naturally when survivor starts broadcasting in hd they vote the hot one out. :grumble
qft!
Old 09-30-08, 10:41 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by leeta
They must not have learned anything from All-Stars. They sewed up Jonathan's puncture wound and -voila- a raging infection, resulting in mucho antibiotics and several surgeries.

What do they do now? Randy (and I'll speak for the ladies... I don't think anyone minds that marriage is not for him) pokes a hole in head. What do they do... they give him STITCHES?!? Why didn't the medic irrigate it with some sterile water, disinfect it, put some neosporin on it and cover it with a butterfly bandage. That would've been simple and it would've been fine until the tribe was able to boil water. Even though Africa is not an island setting, there are plenty of nasties that would love to take up residence in his head.

Apparently, it may be the difference between a cut and a puncture wound. You never stictch a puncture wound, but Randy's injury appeared to be a cut.
Old 09-30-08, 10:42 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Seriously. WTF was that? And that one guy was still wearing his tie at the 2nd TC.
I love that the old dude re-ties his bowtie all the time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.