TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost - Season Five news

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
CHUD.com Live Blog of the Lost Season 4 DVD with Lindelof and Cuse

Okay, I'm rather pissed off about this: (VERY MINOR spoilerly material, hidden only for the most sensitive folks)

Spoiler:
Libby's story is "pretty much finished?" They've been teasing us with her backstory ever since she was killed off in the second season. We still don't know what she was doing in the mental institution with Hurley, and there's also the matter of Desmond's sailboat. She's been in the backstory of two major characters with no explanation.

I was disappointed when they brought her back for Michael's flashback only to waste the character on a couple of throwaway "ghost" scenes, and now they tell us her story is finished? Didn't they, at one point, tell us that what we'd seen of her backstory was only the tip of the iceberg?
There's more than minor spoils in your link, though!

Originally Posted by THUD
Spoiler:
Damon Lindelof: Good question. As for Jin, we'll definitely be seeing more of him in season five... but as we're moving through past, present and future... who knows WHEN we'll see him.

Meaning: He's alive.
Old 12-04-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
There's more than minor spoils in your link, though!

Originally Posted by THUD
Spoiler:
Damon Lindelof: Good question. As for Jin, we'll definitely be seeing more of him in season five... but as we're moving through past, present and future... who knows WHEN we'll see him.

Meaning: He's alive.
Spoiler:
Not necessarily. They could easily be saying you'll see Jin again, but it'll be in flashbacks to the past only. Now, i don't believe that as I remember watching his "death" and thinking they left it ambiguous, even though his wife watched him 'splode.
Old 12-04-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts
Regarding Jin...

Spoiler:
It's never been in question that Daniel Dae Kim would be back on the show. The question was whether Jin survived the explosion. He could have been thrown into the past, into the future, come back as a ghost, etc.

One idea for Jin that I've had is that Jin was able to make it off of the freighter before it exploded, and swam back to the island despite the island disappearing. Remember the doctor on the freighter, who had his throat cut and was tossed off of the freighter? His body washed up on the island before he was killed. Jin -- who is a good swimmer -- could have swum back to the island well before the freighter exploded. The same goes for Daniel and the others on the Zodiac.
Old 12-04-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Regarding Jin...

Spoiler:
It's never been in question that Daniel Dae Kim would be back on the show. The question was whether Jin survived the explosion. He could have been thrown into the past, into the future, come back as a ghost, etc.

One idea for Jin that I've had is that Jin was able to make it off of the freighter before it exploded, and swam back to the island despite the island disappearing. Remember the doctor on the freighter, who had his throat cut and was tossed off of the freighter? His body washed up on the island before he was killed. Jin -- who is a good swimmer -- could have swum back to the island well before the freighter exploded. The same goes for Daniel and the others on the Zodiac.
Spoiler:
But the doctor was still dead when he left the boat. In order for Jin to swim to the island before it left (or before the freighter exploded as if that matters), he would have had to have jumped ship prior to it blowing up. Sun's reaction was clear in that regard, imo.
Old 12-15-08, 02:39 PM
Suspended

Another clip from the premiere...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOGm-TCW4Wo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOGm-TCW4Wo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
Old 12-15-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After all these years, and all of their fighting, seeing the two of them sharing a motel room is bizarre.

Who shaves down on their neck? Doesn't that encourage ingrown hairs???
Old 12-16-08, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieK

Who shaves down on their neck? Doesn't that encourage ingrown hairs???
I shave down and don't notice problems.
Old 12-16-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the clip. This season is looking to be great.
Old 12-16-08, 10:21 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Nice
Old 12-16-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I shave down and don't notice problems.
I must have a delicate neck.
Old 12-16-08, 03:54 PM
Suspended

Regarding that video...after the first video, with Kate and the lawyers, we wondered who would have hired the lawyers. This video sure seems to point at Ben. Not that that's at all surprising.
Old 12-21-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b7JfGf6HCNQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b7JfGf6HCNQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 12-21-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Looking forward to its return.
Old 12-21-08, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Probably the best part of that video was seeing Penny and Desmond. Hopefully they (or at least Desmond) are regulars the final 2 seasons.
Old 12-30-08, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Latest trailer:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXAz78Rhguo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXAz78Rhguo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 12-30-08, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Looks awesome. I'm psyched!
Old 12-30-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The guy who writes a television blog I frequent has seen the first 2 episodes:

"First, I have to commend Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse for once again exploding the narrative framework of this series. Much as Season Four forever altered the way that stories on Lost were told--with flash-forwards rather than flashbacks--so too does Season Five tweak some familiar tropes, offering a very different narrative style than we've seen so far. (Though fret not, those flashbacks are still there, in some small part.)

Suffice it to say, the opening installments of Season Five of Lost do not disappoint on any level, once again offering a tantalizing trip down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass. With an end date clearly in their sights, Lindelof and Cuse have ramped up the tension, pacing, and action as we begin our journey towards The End. It's with great excitement (and a little bit of sadness) that we set off on the penultimate chapter in this gripping saga. And these first two superlative episodes only herald at even greater revelations to come in the days ahead."

To read the rest:
http://www.televisionaryblog.com/200...e-look-at.html
Old 12-30-08, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
My ass will be firmly planted come 1/21. All phone calls ignored.
Old 12-30-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CharlieK
The guy who writes a television blog I frequent has seen the first 2 episodes:

"First, I have to commend Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse for once again exploding the narrative framework of this series. Much as Season Four forever altered the way that stories on Lost were told--with flash-forwards rather than flashbacks--so too does Season Five tweak some familiar tropes, offering a very different narrative style than we've seen so far. (Though fret not, those flashbacks are still there, in some small part.)

Suffice it to say, the opening installments of Season Five of Lost do not disappoint on any level, once again offering a tantalizing trip down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass. With an end date clearly in their sights, Lindelof and Cuse have ramped up the tension, pacing, and action as we begin our journey towards The End. It's with great excitement (and a little bit of sadness) that we set off on the penultimate chapter in this gripping saga. And these first two superlative episodes only herald at even greater revelations to come in the days ahead."

To read the rest:
http://www.televisionaryblog.com/200...e-look-at.html
Sounds awesome! I cannot wait for the premiere. It's been far too long to be away from Lost... I guess I better hurry up and finish watching my Blu-ray sets for S3 and S4.
Old 12-30-08, 04:53 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Maybe those episodes will leak...onto the island...of the internet.
Old 12-31-08, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

More reviews for the first two episodes of season 5. Spoilers ahead:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39624
Old 12-31-08, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I'd love to see what is in store! Can't wait!
Old 01-08-09, 03:25 PM
Suspended

Re: Lost - Season Five news

They are re-airing all 3 parts of the S4 finale next Wednesday, and apparently they'll be enhanced episodes.
Old 01-08-09, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
More reviews for the first two episodes of season 5. Spoilers ahead:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39624

Spoiler:
It really bugged me that they missed the chance to open season 4 with the same type of musical theme. They should have opened it up with Micheal in his car that was shown later in the season.
Old 01-09-09, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Spoiler:
It really bugged me that they missed the chance to open season 4 with the same type of musical theme. They should have opened it up with Micheal in his car that was shown later in the season.
Yeah, since the actor's name was in the opening credits for the whole season, they might as well have stuck him in there. It was hardly a shock when he showed up halfway through the season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.