Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Gladiators season 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mok
That one guy who got busted open on the eliminator was crazy, I wish he had won.
Yeah, me too. The guy that won seems like a dick. Loved how the bloody guy went down the zipline backwards.

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
are you talking about the "Beast"? yeah, we haven't seen him.
Yeah, he is tall, but doesn't look that impressive.

Originally Posted by jpb07
Breaux Greer is the guy's name. He's a US/Olympic Javelin
thrower.
That's Hurricane (who, according to wikipedia, is dating Phoenix. Nice!). Ex WWE wrestler Matt Morgan is Beast.
Old 08-04-08, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
that dude that busted open his face was crazy. he had ZERO hestitation on anything. including taking the zip line backwards - that was awesome!
Old 08-04-08, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like I may have missed something cool for once? I canceled my DVR series recording for this show a month ago. I just couldn't stand it's immense suckage.
Old 08-06-08, 04:27 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Over the course of the second season I think the show got a lot better. By cutting the show down to an hour they cut most of the 'contestant story' from in season one. The pacing just felt all-around better. They even cut back on the cheesy 'suspenseful' commerical breaks, although I wish they'd just cut those out completely.
Old 08-06-08, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Is this coming back for another season? I know the ratings were not as good with the second season.
Old 08-07-08, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No idea about a renewal, but I am kinda going to miss it on Monday nights. I only noticed in the last show that Gina Carano and Mike Morgan were mentioned in the credits as being allowed to participate thanks to their respective organizations (Elite XC and TNA). I wouldn't be surprised if Carano is not back again, since Elite XC is trying to make her the face of the women's division (unless she gets beaten by that Cyborg chick before that).
Old 08-07-08, 10:04 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
(unless she gets beaten by that Cyborg chick before that).
That chick is a man.
Old 08-07-08, 11:24 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Is this coming back for another season? I know the ratings were not as good with the second season.
If they decide to cut it from NBC I think it would be a great fit for their sister network USA. That strategy seemed to have worked well when they moved Law & Order: Criminal Intent from NBC to USA. They could even keep it in the same time spot and air it before Monday Night RAW.
Old 08-07-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Helga
Old 10-04-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Did this show get cancelled or did I totally miss the season finale?
Old 10-07-08, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
No idea about a renewal, but I am kinda going to miss it on Monday nights. I only noticed in the last show that Gina Carano and Mike Morgan were mentioned in the credits as being allowed to participate thanks to their respective organizations (Elite XC and TNA). I wouldn't be surprised if Carano is not back again, since Elite XC is trying to make her the face of the women's division (unless she gets beaten by that Cyborg chick before that).
They've had the EliteXC stuff on there since season 1. I also doubt she'll be back. Before her May fight she was apparently concerned about the lack of training time (presumably as a result of the Gladiator tapings.) If they do as they were talking about Saturday night and move the women to 3x5, I don't see how she could get away without a full training camp.
Old 10-28-08, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by thelwig14
That is why I don't watch the show. 95% of all contestants are in the 5'10 range and normal to smaller builds. My buddies and I went to an open tryout (we are all big athletic guys) and they had no interest in any of us. They need to keep up the perception that these dudes are abnormal, when they would get owned against guys their size. Dean Cain is an amazing athlete, but very, very short, and he owned the old school Gladiators and they were much better athletes than the new ones.
Very short? He's 6ft tall! Your standards are very, very high :P