DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   American Gladiators season 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531397-american-gladiators-season-2-a.html)

Bluelitespecial 05-12-08 01:36 PM

American Gladiators season 2

Tonight is the season premiere, I kind of lost interest towards the ends of this past season. But tonights show is two hours, and I think they have added some new games and gladiators as well. Only problem is there is too much on tv that I want to watch tonight.

Ravenous 05-12-08 02:30 PM

If Crush is there, IM there.

das Monkey 05-12-08 02:54 PM

Fool me once ...

das

Charlie Goose 05-12-08 05:11 PM

If it's still the same canned commentary, forget it. That was a big reason I stopped watching.

BravesMG 05-12-08 08:04 PM

The first women's eliminator was awesome. I've never seen anyone quit while on the course before. They didn't keep the clock going, and by the end it showed almost 10 minutes.

They also must have had a competition for the most annoying humans on Earth to get these contestants. They've somehow actually increased the unbelievable annoying factor of these assholes. I'm just flipping over to it every now and then in hope to catch an event, instead of hearing why her nickname is "major pain."

TheKing 05-12-08 08:26 PM

This show was made for DVR viewing. Skip over the crap, watch the decent stuff, you get out of there in 20-30 minutes.

big whoppa 05-12-08 08:41 PM

I watched one episode of the new AG and I felt I was in a time warp. They need newer and better events. Besides, it always annoyed me how the gladiators act all tough around guys 1/3 their size. I want to see some bodybuilders beat the shit out of the AGs in the games.

BravesMG 05-12-08 08:59 PM

The one-legged dude on the eliminator might be one of the funniest moments of TV I've seen this year. I mean, the dude is tough for going through that I guess, but they had to turn the damn travelator off at the end.

AudioWizard 05-12-08 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Fool me once ...

Same here

kevin75 05-12-08 09:36 PM

i'm just watching this now, but the female contestant from last year who is the gladiator now, they have seriously buffed her up and made her look alot worse.

Mikael79 05-12-08 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous

You stole the words out of my mouth!

Wow, is she ever smoking hot!! :lies:

Goldberg74 05-13-08 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by BravesMG
The one-legged dude on the eliminator might be one of the funniest moments of TV I've seen this year. I mean, the dude is tough for going through that I guess, but they had to turn the damn travelator off at the end.

All I caught was the Mens Eliminator. My heart really went out to the guy, but I'm glad he finished. It took me a second to realize that they turn the belt off, but it was a good thing they did.

Maybe when DwtS is over, I'll switch over to this.

islandclaws 05-13-08 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by BravesMG

I know it's wrong, but I was laughing so goddamn hard when he was doing the eliminator. I give the guy all the credit in the world, but you know the producers knew he didn't have a chance in hell of winning. It was almost like some kind of sick exhibition watching the one-legged guy try to compete.

I'm glad they brought back, and upgraded, some old classic games but the show still lags major ass.

TGM 05-13-08 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mikael79
You stole the words out of my mouth!

Wow, is she ever smoking hot!! :lies:

yeah, especially if you like cock and Adam's apple with your women.

Burgundy LaRue 05-13-08 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

Eh, I don't get that vibe from Crush (JMO). Hellga, on the other hand. . .

I give John the Paralympian a lot of credit. He did better than I ever could with two legs. But watching the guy try to get across the balance ropes was sad, funny, and inspiring all at the same time. I know all about how he may inspire other amputees to try sports, but what possessed the producers to put him on the show? No way was he going to win, even against the rather weak Gerry Garcia (who knew that he lived on as an AG competitor?).

0073735963 05-13-08 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous

She'll be on CBS May 31st in an EliteXC match (like UFC).

Finisher 05-13-08 02:28 PM

Yikes, first episode back and godawful ratings. Guess I wasn't the only one who bailed. Just could not stand the thought of more commentary, cliche contestant speak and general annoyingness. Didn't even bother to DVR it to watch Crush.

Ravenous 05-13-08 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 0073735963
She'll be on CBS May 31st in an EliteXC match (like UFC).

Thanks for the tip!

I record AG and watch it while I work out. I forwarded most of the stuff and finsihed in about an hour. I only heard the firewoman talk, but totally said fuck her after she visibly quit on the damn eliminator. FUcking pathetic; especially for a fireman? Damn

That new gladiator woman Jet, last seasons winner, sucked. The new people ran right over her ass. That Pheonix looked interesting but couldnt see her good and she was used for that stupid event.

SexualPudding 05-13-08 02:57 PM

http://www.yardbarker.com/m/610/xl/gina_reddress.jpg

I'm not seeing the cock or Adam's apple.

Burgundy LaRue 05-13-08 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Finisher
Yikes, first episode back and godawful ratings. Guess I wasn't the only one who bailed. Just could not stand the thought of more commentary, cliche contestant speak and general annoyingness.

Some of that has to do with Dancing with the Stars still being on. NBC should have taken note and pushed back the AG season debut to June 2, when both DwtS and Memorial Day vacations would be complete. I imagine the show will pick up viewers over the next week or so.

Not that I disagree with you on the pre-canned commentary and predictable contestant interviews. Those things are annoying. Otherwise, they've really improved the show: better camera angles, strengthening the games, more verbal interaction with the gladiators, etc.

TGM 05-13-08 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
http://www.yardbarker.com/m/610/xl/gina_reddress.jpg

I'm not seeing the cock or Adam's apple.

I'm not seeing your photo.

Me007gold 05-13-08 08:14 PM

I'm not seeing your photo.

i can see it just fine

mugwump 05-13-08 10:24 PM

This is not I show I would even consider watching without a DVR as there's only 20 minutes out of every hour worth watching. "Jet" is a joke as she's way too tiny for anything other than wall climbing. What little I saw of "Phoenix" looked nice enough. Since I can't even remember the names of the two female gladiators who were replaced I guess they won't be missed. Looks like "Mayhem" is gone which is a plus in my book. He was good for a laugh though as he pranced around in his tiny bare midriff outfit shouting street slang at the contestants from beneath his mounds of perfectly coiffed hair.

Mercury&Solace 05-13-08 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Finisher
Yikes, first episode back and godawful ratings. Guess I wasn't the only one who bailed. Just could not stand the thought of more commentary, cliche contestant speak and general annoyingness. Didn't even bother to DVR it to watch Crush.

Agreed.

OMG I can barely stomach the god awful commentary, and clinched contestant talking as Finisher mentioned. I roll my eyes then go do a load of laundry everytime they speak. I still like the show, but from now on its getting DVR'd and forewording through the crap. Ugh.

Crush still looks great. The new Gladiator Jet is cute, but she is too ripped I don't like super ripped chicks. Athletic yes, ripped no.

thelwig14 05-15-08 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by big whoppa
I watched one episode of the new AG and I felt I was in a time warp. They need newer and better events. Besides, it always annoyed me how the gladiators act all tough around guys 1/3 their size. I want to see some bodybuilders beat the shit out of the AGs in the games.

That is why I don't watch the show. 95% of all contestants are in the 5'10 range and normal to smaller builds. My buddies and I went to an open tryout (we are all big athletic guys) and they had no interest in any of us. They need to keep up the perception that these dudes are abnormal, when they would get owned against guys their size. Dean Cain is an amazing athlete, but very, very short, and he owned the old school Gladiators and they were much better athletes than the new ones.