Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beauty and the Geek Season 5 cast announced Premieres Tuesday March 11th

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
Yeah and the last beauty to pick is probably the biggest bitch on the show, I think Tyra overeacted thinking someone grabbed her boobs during the football game. She has to pick between "mama's boy" Jonathan and cowboy Joe. Its pretty cold and cruel being the last one picked at anything and is one of the worst feelings in the world that all the geeks probably know too well.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 03-27-08 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-27-08, 04:48 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Its pretty cold and cruel being the last one picked at anything and is one of the worst feelings in the world that all the geeks probably know too well.
And it's made even worse by the fact they are all geeks, so not only are you unwanted, you are the least wanted in a group of unwanted guys.
Old 03-29-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Poor Jillian was hosed.

I can't stand most of these geeks - Joe has been at the top of the list from day one.

And they end w/out getting rid of a dork. Blah.

Last edited by B.A.; 03-29-08 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-31-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Originally Posted by C-Mart

I was really hoping for a Beauty=Guys, Geek=Girls format this year, but I finally realized why that will probably never happen (unless just 1 of each like last year). The beauty guys would totally take advantage of the geek girls.
As opposed to what's happening now?

I do like that the beauties have been making their elimination decisions on who really NEEDS to be there to improve socially... sweater-vest ringer was actually nominated because he's semi-normal, while geeky poet would've stuck around to the very end in that format.

While I think Jillian got hosed, if the twist is that they bring her back to team with the last guy, that would have just invalidated the entire last episode. That's the kind of crap Big Brother pulled this year...
Old 03-31-08, 04:31 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
As opposed to what's happening now?
I think he means half the geeks would end up pregnant.
Old 03-31-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am looking forward to tomorrow's geek's challenge,
Spoiler:
giving sex advice on loveline with Dr.Drew.
Old 04-01-08, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish Tyra picked Jonathan over Joe, he really needed to continue on the show, and would probably clean up well after the geek makeover's. I love how they conveinantly renamed Loveline for the geeks challenge, and I am guess it had to be heavily edited as well. Tom and Jason definately seemed really at ease and talked to the listeners really well, but I think Tom's stories about not dating are really bogus. They should have kept Jim around until the geek makeover as well.
Old 04-02-08, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Decent challenges last night but I'm still not happy with how they bounced 2 people w/o giving them the same last shot that everyone else gets.
Old 04-02-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know the name, but I really liked the dark haired chick that got booted. She genuinely seemed nice. BTW, I hate the descriptions of the contestants this year (one tough beauty, one buff geek, etc).
Old 04-02-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk God

It's pretty clear that the CPA chick is out of place. She rocked that elimination round so unless the geeks start off an elimination round and her geek can't answer 1 of the first 2 questions, they shouldn't lose.
Old 04-03-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
It's pretty clear that the CPA chick is out of place. She rocked that elimination round so unless the geeks start off an elimination round and her geek can't answer 1 of the first 2 questions, they shouldn't lose.
She reminds me of Mindi from S1 as far as being smart and having an ability to learn the material -- although she blew it during the science fair presentation.
Old 04-08-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am starting to hate the beauties this season, the best seasons of BATG are when they cast beauties who are actually decent caring people who actually have a heart to be supportive and helpful to the geeks, but during the soap opera challenge all they showed were how the beauties could write their scenes so none of the guys would actually touch them. And all Tyra and the girl partnered with Jason did was complained about how they were repulsed by their geeks. What a bunch of shallow bitches.
Old 04-08-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am starting to hate the beauties this season, the best seasons of BATG are when they cast beauties who are actually decent caring people who actually have a heart to be supportive and helpful to the geeks, but during the soap opera challenge all they showed were how the beauties could write their scenes so none of the guys would actually touch them. And all Tyra and the girl partnered with Jason did was complained about how they were repulsed by their geeks. What a bunch of shallow bitches.
You cant say that about Latisha though. The ONLY one to kiss her geek, gave that guy a thrill of a lifetime! They all should have done that. It proves that they are not there for the right reasons.

Joe is really annoying but his crossdressing skit had me !
Old 04-08-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah Latisha and Matt deserved to win the challenge, I actually agreed with Joe when he said he hated his new look. How are you supposed to feel good about a new look when its being forced upon you and you have no say in it?
Old 04-09-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah Latisha and Matt deserved to win the challenge, I actually agreed with Joe when he said he hated his new look. How are you supposed to feel good about a new look when its being forced upon you and you have no say in it?
I'm not saying he should necessarily like it, but he should have expected it when he signed up. If he's ever watched previous seasons, he should know that halfway through the season, they give the geeks makeovers. If he didn't want a new look, he went on the wrong show.
Old 04-09-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If they had input in what their "new look" would be, they would look... exactly the same as they did before. I mean, I assume it was their choice to look like they did before the makeovers, and that they weren't "geeked up" prior to coming onto the show.
Old 04-09-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know that the geeks that are on the show should expect the makeover, but you need to receptive towards its, and the way Joe looked and felt afterwards you just kind of felt sorry for him.
Old 04-10-08, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk God

The soap opera challenge was very entertaining, particularly since the all the beauties but one didn't want to get anywhere close to their geeks.
Old 04-10-08, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I don't feel sorry for Joe. He's fucking annoying and has been from day one. My wife and I don't know how he is still around.

He may be considered a geek for this show, but the guy is an epic douche.
Old 04-10-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I dont feel sorry for him either. Especially since the two guys that left before him would have embraced their makeovers and more time in the house!
Old 04-10-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by B.A.
I don't feel sorry for Joe. He's fucking annoying and has been from day one. My wife and I don't know how he is still around.

I agree completely.
Old 04-10-08, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I know that the geeks that are on the show should expect the makeover, but you need to receptive towards its, and the way Joe looked and felt afterwards you just kind of felt sorry for him.
I think the comments about him afterwards were spot on, though... he didn't want to change, he wanted to stay in his comfort zone and just have one or two things added to his "look." That's just as bad, IMHO, as a beauty being too prideful to want to change their outlook towards the geeks once they get to know them. He and his partner deserve each other, and deserve to go home, from what we've seen so far.
Old 04-11-08, 02:49 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I'm really disappointed now that Jim got eliminated last week, as his was the makeover I was most curious to see. This was actually a pretty sad group of makeovers... usually there are a few startling 'wow, he's not so geeky after all' transformations in the bunch. This time they all just looked different, but not *that* much less geeky. I actually think Chris looks worse now... he doesn't have the hairline to pull that style off and he reminds me of Ben from Lost now.
Old 04-11-08, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
I'm really disappointed now that Jim got eliminated last week, as his was the makeover I was most curious to see. This was actually a pretty sad group of makeovers... usually there are a few startling 'wow, he's not so geeky after all' transformations in the bunch. This time they all just looked different, but not *that* much less geeky. I actually think Chris looks worse now... he doesn't have the hairline to pull that style off and he reminds me of Ben from Lost now.
I agree 100%. They need to do the makeovers earlier. The should have put some emo glasses on Joe or something.
Old 04-11-08, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.

Next on Beauty and the Douche!

Chris

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.