Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beauty and the Geek Season 5 cast announced Premieres Tuesday March 11th

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
You can also google Leticia Cline.
I see that she worked for TNA Wrestling.
Old 03-13-08, 10:30 AM

Beauties vs Geeks.

Stupid idea.

They have taken a proven concept and show (Beauties paired with Geeks) and have decided instead to pit them against each other...

Defeats the entire premise...

Now we have geeks, who in real life are afraid of being rejected by beautiful girls, have now been placed on a show where they are now being rejected (voted off) by beautiful girls....

Way to go producers....

The charm of the show was having the geeks paired with the beauties, and then watching each couple grow and appreciate the other....

Last edited by UngersPride; 03-13-08 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-13-08, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None of these women are pretty and pale in comparison to previous seasons.

Chris
Old 03-13-08, 11:18 AM

Is there going to be a rebroadcast of the first episode? I passed over it thinking it was a repeat!!
Old 03-13-08, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
They might show an encore on Sunday, like they do with America's Next Top Model, but I don't know. Check the CW's website. I still think they might pair them together at some point during the season.
Old 03-13-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Cool.

I also see that she's a CPA. That's kind of lame given the format of the show. I like my Beauties hot and stupid.
I realized her IQ was off the charts in comparison to the rest of the Beauties about five seconds after she openned her mouth for the first time.

She might be my favorite from this cast.
Old 03-19-08, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Based entirely on the edits, I'm not at all disappointed to see her go home.

Was I the only one who thought of Revenge of the Nerds when they started preping for the talent show. They even had their own Gayasian, though their talent show was missing Poindexter on the electric violin and Lamar's stirring vocals.

Honestly, from what we saw on the show I didn't think the nerds performance was all that much better than the beauties.

next week's preview...

Spoiler:
looks like they might be teaming up. Good
Old 03-19-08, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Honestly, from what we saw on the show I didn't think the nerds performance was all that much better than the beauties.
You could tell the crowd was coached into being more receptive toward the geeks. There was pretty much no way they were losing that challenge. Really, the only chance the girls had is if they went the distance and did a striptease.

Hate how the "talent show" always devolves into nerds rapping (and, yes, that was straight out of Revenge of the Nerds).
Old 03-19-08, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whew, Jilian and Amanda didn't get the boot. Leticia had some weird-ass eyebrow liner work going on in that hot tub, that was some scary make-up.
Old 03-19-08, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Thank goodness Jillian held on.

at Amber. She does have an amazing body though.
Old 03-19-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last night represented everything wrong with the Beauty vs. Geek format. The beauties trying to play the geeks to keep them from elimination. The Beauties looked stupid during the talent competition, but The geeks won it. I was thrilled to see Amber go home, what a shallow bitch, and she proved that she was only there for the money. Next week looks like they will go back to being paired together based on the previews.
Old 03-19-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Good riddance.

Leticia wears too much fucking makeup.
Old 03-20-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk God

I agree on Leticia.
Old 03-20-08, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I miss the sweetness of the show. There is no getting to know each other, there is just the beauties playing the geeks. Amber was the most self absorbed beauty ever in the house and I'm glad she is gone! The whole point of the show is gone. The beauties hate each other and put down the geeks. Man, I miss Jasmine from last year!
Old 03-20-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.
Good riddance.

Leticia wears too much fucking makeup.
True, makeup should accentuate and not become a mask to hide behind.

Leticia looked better here than all dolled-up on the staircase IMO.
Old 03-25-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Really wasn't fond of that episode. Didn't like the way Jillian was just summarily dismissed. People who want to be on the show should at least be able to fight for their fate. A huge team based challenge like that just wasn't fair for either of the potentially affected competitors.

Then there was the school yard pick...talk about the worst nightmare for probably quite a few of those guys. And what's worse, if they don't get picked then they go home. Again, it just seems to be going against the personal goals that the show supposedly subscribes to. At least it's back to Beauty AND the Geek.

As for the football challenge...it's not that hard. Figure out your best athletes, the people who can run, catch and/or throw, figure out who on the other team has those skills, cover/shadow those people with your best people, try and have the rest get in the other teams way w/o getting in yours. And if you have a bunch who don't how to play sports only come up with a few basic plays for your better players to run.
Old 03-25-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
A couple of whammies in this episode: a beauty and a geek switch sides only to learn that if their team loses they go home immediately in addition to the standard elimination; and the beauties select the geek of their choice and the lone geek not selected is eliminated. That would be the difficult one, being the geek not selected by a beauty.

Once again a sweet (and sweet) beauty gets the early elimination...

jillian-beyor.com
Jillian, we barely got to know ye...

Last edited by wishbone; 03-26-08 at 09:23 PM. Reason: pic re-up
Old 03-25-08, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another season, another really hot beauty going home way too soon. Its sad because Jillian acutally wanted to be there. Nice to see they are going back to pairs now, the Beauty vs. Geek format went against everything the show is about. Joe really looked like an ass during the challenge it could cost him the game. Anyone think Tyra(daisy Duke Model)looks like just Allison hannigan. I hope she picks Johnathan he seems like he needs to be there.
Old 03-26-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Well that fucking sucked. How lame - she didn't even get a chance to go to elimination. That's 2 years in a row when the hottest beauty - Playboy models - is ousted very early. I hate this format. Once they lost the football game, I deleted the episode - didn't care about which geek was eliminated, and the elimination format is so stupid now.
Old 03-26-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Re
As for the football challenge...it's not that hard. Figure out your best athletes, the people who can run, catch and/or throw, figure out who on the other team has those skills, cover/shadow those people with your best people, try and have the rest get in the other teams way w/o getting in yours. And if you have a bunch who don't how to play sports only come up with a few basic plays for your better players to run.

They should have been running end-arounds on every single play with that tall geek, who had some athletic ability.
Old 03-26-08, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope that Joe goes. He is annoying.
Old 03-26-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So sad Jillian was sent home over that stupid "challenge".
Old 03-26-08, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Well that fucking sucked. How lame - she didn't even get a chance to go to elimination. That's 2 years in a row when the hottest beauty - Playboy models - is ousted very early. I hate this format. Once they lost the football game, I deleted the episode - didn't care about which geek was eliminated, and the elimination format is so stupid now.

Then you missed that they switched format at the end of the show, letting the beauties pick Geek partners with the geek not being picked going home... of course when it was down to the last beauty and the last 2 geeks they flashed up "To Be Continued" and left us hanging. I wish they had gone to the elimination room to determine which Geek left, but at least they are back to the old format.

I was really hoping for a Beauty=Guys, Geek=Girls format this year, but I finally realized why that will probably never happen (unless just 1 of each like last year). The beauty guys would totally take advantage of the geek girls.
Old 03-27-08, 10:22 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I sincerely hope that the 'to be continued' part means they are pulling out a twist and that whoever doesn't get picked gets paired with a returning Jillian. Probably a long shot, but that would be a twist I actually would be onboard with.
Old 03-27-08, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by DRG
I sincerely hope that the 'to be continued' part means they are pulling out a twist and that whoever doesn't get picked gets paired with a returning Jillian. Probably a long shot, but that would be a twist I actually would be onboard with.
I hope so because having beauties pick the geeks reinforces every geeks nightmare and I cant believe the show would be that callous to that fact.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.