TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Moment of Truth

Old 01-25-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Ugh, I could only make it like 15 seconds in. What a crapfest...
what else did you expect it to be?
Old 01-25-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
1. This show is much easier to watch (as are most gameshows) on a DVR, where you can fast forward through 80% of it.
When you cherry pick the questions on a Tivo, the show is a good watch.
Old 01-25-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They might as well have hot dogs dancing around with "WGA Sucks" signs for an hour, it'd be more entertaining.
Old 01-25-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is the most retarded show ever! If you took the test early, why wouldn't you answer the same. Of course, they will ask shit questions that will borderline yes or no, or true or false. Beside, what is the point of lying since the female voice will tell everyone the correct answer anyway? Either way, you will be embarrass.
Old 01-25-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also thought that this was a trainwreck, definitely had promise, but poorly executed.

So my question is do these people get asked a bunch of stock questions backstage where their asnwers directs other questions to be asked and they pick the most embarassing ones, or do they have to dish the dirt on themselves before getting picked for the show?
Old 01-25-08, 05:48 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/25/is-cle...ment-of-truth/

Is Clemens Ready for His "Moment of Truth"?

Posted Jan 25th 2008 6:10PM by TMZ Staff

The most popular new show on television is giving former Yankee pitcher Roger Clemens a chance to clear his good name -- and he can pocket a cool half mil in the process!

The FOX show "The Moment of Truth" -- which premiered to 23 million people on Wednesday -- sent a letter to the Rocket's manager, asking Roger to appear. Contestants on the show are asked a series of questions while hooked up to a polygraph machine -- and then have to own up to their answers in front of an audience comprised of their friends and relatives.

Howard Schultz, creator and Exec. Producer of the show, says Roger can put the steroids question to rest once and for all -- and donate his winnings to the charity of his choice. Schultz writes, "People have stood in awe at your incredible accomplishments in baseball. This show could let the world know that you are an incredibly courageous person, as well as to clear your name in front of a nationwide audience, all in the name of charity."

Calls to Clemens' management were not immediately returned.
Chris
Old 01-25-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm sure Roger Clemens will do that.
Old 01-25-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Still, it would awesome if they had a... CELEBRITY MOMENT OF TRUTH
Old 01-25-08, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For wrestling fans, a very special episode of Moment of truth, featuring Bret Hart, Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels, and Earl Hebner.

Now that, I'd watch.
Old 01-27-08, 11:12 AM

this makes me want to watch idiocracy again.
Assuming the lie detector test is accurate, there's no reason to answer anything falsely, since the truth will be revealed anyways.
Old 01-27-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Still, it would awesome if they had a... CELEBRITY MOMENT OF TRUTH
I wanna see O.J.!
Old 01-27-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
What's to stop the show from falsely stating an answer is false, just to skip out paying the money?

Terrible show. I will never watch it again.
Old 01-27-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mndtrp
What's to stop the show from falsely stating an answer is false, just to skip out paying the money?
I assume that there is a neutral party that either administers the lie detector test or at least is present when it is administered to ensure that this doesn't happen.
Old 01-27-08, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Aegean2007
Here's a video of the entire (condensed) episode:

Moment of Truth

Guess how long it is?
Heh, thanks! I missed it, but this was a fun way to watch it...and convince myself that I won't do that again, lol! (Especially over an hour!)
Old 01-27-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Aegean2007
Here's a video of the entire (condensed) episode:

Moment of Truth

Guess how long it is?
Curiously, I think it could have been edited even shorter.
Old 01-27-08, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I think you're on to something. They don't even have to go that far; they can ask subjective "gray area" questions. For example, if someone were asked "Have you ever stolen from your employer?", and they mentally freak out, wondering if slipping a pen into their pocket counts as "stealing", then whatever they say is gonna register as a lie. That's essentially how they "eliminated" the personal trainer dude.
Old 01-30-08, 09:36 PM

Anybody watch tonight? The gambling dude was all sizzle and no steak. He set the proper tone: It's all about the winnings, squash the drama. The host seemed almost disappointed that the guy didn't ruin his relationships.
Old 01-30-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How far did "hairclub for men" go after he got to the $100,000 level?
Old 01-31-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
How far did "hairclub for men" go after he got to the $100,000 level?
They went to commercial with him reaching the $100K level: "How far will he go?" "Will he gamble away his winnings?" "Can his family forgive him?".

They come back from commercial and he takes the money and leaves.

This show is like a bad trainwreck, I can't look away.
Old 01-31-08, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When are they gonna get some girls on there and ask them naughty questions? It's a sausage fest!
Old 01-31-08, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
They went to commercial with him reaching the $100K level: "How far will he go?" "Will he gamble away his winnings?" "Can his family forgive him?".

They come back from commercial and he takes the money and leaves.

This show is like a bad trainwreck, I can't look away.
Haha, I went to take a dump, and came back and the dude was off the show, and I was like "WTF?" but I was thinking the gambler in him would have kept going for the big prize. My dump was more enjoyable than this show (which I just happened to have on in the background, yeah, that's it.)
Old 02-01-08, 07:28 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
The chick after hairclub guy was SOOOOOO smoking hot. Unfortunately she correctly answered "yes" to the question of whether she plans to remain a virgin until she's married so no naughty questions. Still - so hot. I can't wait to see her again next week.
Old 02-01-08, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyquest
I think you're on to something. They don't even have to go that far; they can ask subjective "gray area" questions. For example, if someone were asked "Have you ever stolen from your employer?", and they mentally freak out, wondering if slipping a pen into their pocket counts as "stealing", then whatever they say is gonna register as a lie. That's essentially how they "eliminated" the personal trainer dude.
AMEN, as soon as they asked that I knew he was FUBAR. As soon as you ask that you think what is inappropriate? As soon as you question yourself its over. My better half though said that it was cut and dry.

Personally I DVR this show and FFW through most of the crud so I dont have to sit through it. I am about to give up though and wait for someone tht looks at least half way interesting. Since the questions were asked previously it totally ruins the "fun" of the show. If it were "live" questioning that might make it interesting .
Old 02-25-08, 07:36 PM

They're hyping tonight's episode to the max. "It's controversial"...."It's gonna ruin her marriage!!"
Old 02-25-08, 08:10 PM

So basically she wanted to leave her husband, but wanted 500,000.00 also. Not a bad plan, but I lol'ed when she lost on the question she lost on.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.