"The Mole" returning to ABC

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"The Mole" returning to ABC

Old 06-10-08, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Okay.
Glad you fellows made up.

I watched the second episode and decided to delete the season pass. I just found the show boring and started focusing on my laundry instead while it was on. Bad sign. Even in the summer, I have to have some standards.
Old 06-10-08, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've never watched the show before, so can someone explain something to me? Last night someone said that the mole would want exemptions. Is that just so more people can be eliminated? I didn't think the mole could be executed.
Old 06-10-08, 12:36 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
If the Mole has an exemption, then there's an explanation why they weren't eliminated. Also, because getting an exemption almost always involves penalizing the team in some way, it offers them an easy excuse for sabotage.
Old 06-10-08, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cmleidi
I find most of the contestants so unlikeable that it ruins my interest in the show. Why is it necessary to get the loudest, most hateful people? Part of the appeal of the original version was that the contestants were not like other reality show contestants. I had to fast forward through some of the show because I could not stomach listening to some of these jackasses.
I want to rent season one. Maybe I'll do that during the long 4th of July weekend next month.
Old 06-10-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cmleidi
I find most of the contestants so unlikeable that it ruins my interest in the show. Why is it necessary to get the loudest, most hateful people? Part of the appeal of the original version was that the contestants were not like other reality show contestants. I had to fast forward through some of the show because I could not stomach listening to some of these jackasses.
This season sucks. The contestants are either loud and obnoxious or stupid and useless (or both), and they got rid of the pretty lady who is Jessalyn Gilsig's doppelgänger in the first episode. Why bother.

das
Old 06-10-08, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Bobby could be putting on an act so that everybody thinks he's the mole. Then again, he could be the mole and making it so obvious that everybody thinks he's putting on an act so that everybody thinks he's the mole. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Now I have to watch my favorite movie again!!!

I was really looking forward to another season of The Mole... until it aired. What a disappointment! This is a generic copy... not even close to the first two seasons. It is sorely missing Anderson Cooper, likeable contestants and interesting tasks.
Old 06-10-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts
i watched the first 2 episodes.
never saw this show before.

what is the concept of the show.
what's is the contest.

i cant figure out what the whole point is.

what is there a mole for.

what if the mole is voted out near the beginning of the season?

So i guess i'm wondering not "who is the mole" but "what" is the mole.
Old 06-10-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^The Mole him or herself never gets voted off.

No one is voted off, they take a quiz at the end asking "who is the mole". The person with the lowest score gets booted. The Mole doesn't even need to take the quiz / would know all the answers as they are the mole.

The Mole sabotages the games to take money out of the pot. They want to keep as much money out of the pot as they can. However -- other contestants pretend to be the Mole so that others get the quiz wrong. It is a thinking game. At the end there will be three people left: Mole, winner (guesses correctly who the mole is in the fastest time on the last quiz), and loser.

This season does suck. The people are so annoying. How about the one telling the idiot that she would kill him in his sleep? Morons.

I loved season 1, 2, and Celebrity Mole Hawaii. This season is just obnoxious. And -- why did they change the kicking theme song? That use to get me pumped for the episode.
Old 06-10-08, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by nightwing82
I loved season 1, 2
Yeah, I would say that Seasons 1 and 2 of The Mole are by far the best reality show of all time, and would also be the only reality shows that I would buy on DVD. It was such a smart show and Anderson Cooper was the perfect host. I remember that one episode with all the dolls and how creepy he acted.
Old 06-10-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts
ok then booted.
still someone leaves every show.

i'm still dense on this, how is it certain the mole isnt the one to leave until the last show.

so you want poeple to think you ARE the mole, so they do vote for you and you stay on the show?
Old 06-10-08, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
i'm still dense on this, how is it certain the mole isnt the one to leave until the last show.
I don't know exactly how it works, but it's one of two ways, either:

1) The mole doesn't have to take the quiz

or

2) The mole takes the quiz, but knows all of the answers because the questions are about them

The person that is booted each week is the one with the lowest score on the quiz. Since the mole can never have the lowest score on the quiz, they are never booted.
Old 06-11-08, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 222 Likes on 144 Posts
Jesus, there's so much wrong with this new version, but one thing that really bothers me is that the quiz questions are a joke compared to the first two seasons. The whole point of keeping a journal originally, was that the questions were about very minute details, and even if you knew for sure who the mole was, you'd have to study for the quiz. Now the questions are so dumbed down it's pointless.
Old 06-11-08, 12:59 AM

so you want poeple to think you ARE the mole, so they do vote for you and you stay on the show?
If you are NOT the mole, you want people to think you are, because then they will answer the quiz questions wrong about the real mole and get booted.

The questions are all asking about who is the mole. So if you think the mole is person A, when it is really person B you will get a low score and get booted.
Old 06-11-08, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much $$ does the Mole win at the end?
Old 06-11-08, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
How much $$ does the Mole win at the end?
To my knowledge the Mole doesn't get any of the prize money. He/she probably got an up front fee by ABC

I seem to be the only one liking this season. If pathetic Bobby was the Mole that would be too obvious. The guy's a real putz. He can't even walk 10 years without keeling over wtf??

That 24 yeard old model is cute

Last edited by shanester; 06-11-08 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-11-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Because the producers of the show assign who the mole is before the show begins and help them be able to sabotage. They are paid by the show to do these things. The mole will never get booted off. Even if they went in a bombed the quiz, the producers know who the mole is, they wouldn't get kicked off. They most likely don't even have to take the quiz, they just go in the little room and sit for awhile.

And yes. If I was not the mole, I would want people to think I was so that they answered the quiz wrong at the end of the episode.

On the last episode they bring all the former contestants back. In front of them they will have the last 3 people locked up in 3 rooms (mole, winner, and loser). They have the winner reveal themself first, then the Mole comes out.
Old 06-11-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think some of those contestants are working too hard at sabotaging the game. Part of the game is to win as much money as possible. What good is it to sabotage the game so much (like Bobby), even if you win at the end you don't get much money in the pot?

They need to be more selective on when to sabotage the game. I don't think the mole will be so obvious at it. The point of being a mole is to sabotage while remain undetected. So I think we can eliminate those contestants who are very confrontational (like Mark, Nicole). The mole will never stand out like that. Also, we can eliminate any contestant who try too hard to sabotage the game (like Bobby).
Old 06-11-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
I am liking this season also. I love how they have to balance working both for the team and their own interests at the same time. As far as likability, the only 3 I really do not like at this point is the bitch, the loudmouth, and the wimp. The rest seem OK.
Old 06-11-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am a huge fan of this show because it does take brains to watch it. I agree with those who think the contestants are unlikable and rude to each other. That wasn't the case in the past. Part of the game seemed to be to get people to like you so you can send them off in the wrong direction about the identity of the mole. I think the producers were patterning the show after Survivor/Big Brother this time around. I don't think the host is doing that bad of a job, but I totally agree that Anderson was a big reason the first two seasons were great.

I think you guys should stick it out because as the season winds down, it usually doesn't get any easier to guess the mole. For me, I always seem to get a gut feeling about someone and they get the red screen and I get annoyed with myself for being wrong.

Btw, the Hawaii Mole was pretty entertaining too. Vastly different tone to the show and watching the celebrities dig at each other was awesome. I highly recommend picking up Season 1 and Hawaii on DVD.
Old 06-11-08, 03:15 PM

I just watched this last episode and I must be in a good mood because I enjoyed this episode. Poor Bobby, gay or not, really does need to get in better shape (if indeed he is not the mole).

And that ending scene was hilarious with the threats of death, etc.

It should make for an interesting couple of episodes until these loudmouths are executed.

Chris
Old 06-11-08, 03:19 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by boc4ever
I am a huge fan of this show because it does take brains to watch it.
Let's not get carried away.
Old 06-11-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I took the online version of the quiz at abc.com and it just shows you how the viewers voted, which weirdly the highest percentage decided Bobby was the mole. I was hoping it would give you a green/red screen so you would know if you got a higher/lower score than the person executed on the show.

I'm going with the obvious clues and sticking with Victoria is the mole.
Old 06-11-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Let's not get carried away.
lol...touche...but seriously, I always get a kick out of the rundown of clues throughout the series they play during the final episode and I'm amazed. I wasn't really saying it is a thought provoking or life changing experience, but more that it is an active watch rather than passive viewing, if that makes more sense.
Old 06-12-08, 02:19 AM

How is it Victoria doesnt speak spanish?

Why did the host throw Victoria the mole shirt first?
Old 06-12-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think those who think this is a horrible season of the Mole, did not see the 'celebrity' versions.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.