Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

How many of these 1970's PBS KIDS SHOWS do you remember?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How many of these 1970's PBS KIDS SHOWS do you remember?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-20, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: How many of these 1970's PBS KIDS SHOWS do you remember?

Math Factory or Infinity Factory?
Old 07-11-20, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are possibilities but haven't had any success finding anything on them. One factor maybe that we lived in the state Georgia back at that time and this program may have been produced locally by Georgia Public Broadcasting.
Old 07-11-20, 05:46 PM

Were you in the state of Georgia per chance when you watched this program? I'm searching for the title of this show also. Was one of the puppets named "Cranston" by any chance or something similar?
Old 07-11-20, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

In case anyone is interested, there is a site called The American Archive of Public Broadcasting, created through a joint effort of WGBH in Boston and the Library of Congress, which holds a wealth of classic public television programs. It's by no means complete, and the selection of kids programs are a bit limited, but it does have multiple episodes of the aforementioned HodgePodge Lodge and Vegetable Soup series. Website is AmericanArchive.org. Also tons of great non-kids stuff including archived episodes of shows like The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour, McLaughlin Group and others.

Searching on the site is a bit unwieldy but if looking for Vegetable Soup, there is a collection of six episodes in their Special Collections area.
Old 02-14-22, 01:50 PM

There was a show that I very vaguely remember for kids in the 1970’s. All I remember about it was that there were koala puppets. A boy and a girl Brisbane and Adelaide. I am not sure if it was an Australian show, but the puppets were named after those cities. There was at least one live adult that would talk to them. Brisbane was always getting in trouble. I think it was on PBS, but I suppose it could have been. on WGN or our other (UHF?) Channel 32. I was in Chicago at the time. I don’t think it was on a long time. Thanks for reading this.
Old 02-14-22, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

trying to find the name of an 80s PBS show about a boy sized “lifelike” puppet and his puppet friends. it was a mix of live action and these puppets. The boy had blonde hair. I remember the ending was about finding an amulet or talisman.