Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Four Months Ago" -- 11.12.2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Now that Peter has all his marbles I wonder if he can go back to the future to get his girl.

I kind of liked the way they took DL out. It makes the point clear that these guys aren't supermen that can walk around like gods.
Old 11-13-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
and good riddance.

Hope you enjoy Dancing with the Stars and the Bruno and Carrie Ann Dance off!!
I swear that is going to be my vote for post of the week!

So I'm still loving this show, but I SWEAR this show always kicks major ass when they do their backtrack episodes. Wasn't last season's flashback a kickass episode too ("Six Months Ago")?

Last edited by rfduncan; 11-13-07 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-13-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
I swear that is going to be my vote for post of the week!

So I still loving this show, but I SWEAR this show always kicks major ass when they do their backtrack episodes. Wasn't last season's flashback a kickass episode too ("Six Months Ago")?
Not to mention the future look episode!
Old 11-13-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Adam is Darth Sidious to Peter's Anakin. He's most certainly evil, but he's coming across to Peter (and us) in a believable, genuine fashion.

Great episode.
Old 11-13-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW, when the hell did Nathan grow that Grizzly Adams looking beard of his that he had for the first few episodes? He was clean shaven when last night's episode ended.
Old 11-13-07, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A stellar episode indeed. Nice to see the bridge between the events at the end of Volume 1 and the beginning of Volume 2. More answers that questions are always good too.
Old 11-13-07, 08:50 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This should have been the season premiere (except they could push the stuff back with Adam and Peter a couple episodes to leave room for the Hiro storyline). If it was, the show would have lost nearly as many viewers. First decent episode of the season.

Elle is too perky, I'm not digging the performance.

And the Wonder Twins -- what are their powers again? I keep forgetting. Hopefully the show will remind me again next week by showing what they do, preferably in a long sequence that eats up several minutes of show time.
Old 11-13-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
I still want to know what happened to those ipods.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 11-13-07, 09:02 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
1) I agree this episode should have been the fist episode of the season

2) Who ever came up with the blunder twins should be FIRED, and I hope they NEVER come back from the strike!!! This power is so boring, and I think this season thus far we have about 1 hour of watching her cry, and then her brother come over and they both comfort each other

3) I am not a fan of Darth Mars . I never watched Veronica Mars, and I think she is there to appease the fan boys out there (Note to Producers - if VM was that popular - it would still be on the air). Why is she there? ohhh she is a sadistic prison guard. They could have just cast Sheri Moon from House of 1,000 Corpses

4) I think Ali Lauder is the Hawt, but this split personality thing sucks and has always sucked! She should just be the she-hulk and that's it. She would make a good prison guard

5) If I have lived for 400 years and still hold a grudge over a girl I lost when I was 27 years old I should be locked up for life! I hope that if you lived for 4 centuries, you would have loved and lost enough, to see the big picture of humanity - and the willingness to help people.

Last edited by CPA-ESQ.; 11-13-07 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-13-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing. The guy has been alive for 400 years. You're telling me he hasn't learned to forgive and forget? He's basically immortal. The least of my concerns would be some ugly chick with huge ears who went for some other guy and betrayed me. I would be happy if it turns out he let that grudge go along time ago, and actually never went after Hiro because he knew that Hiro betraying him was a part of his development as a person. Of course that also works if he's evil.
Old 11-13-07, 09:21 AM

Here is how Adam will look in a few million years:
Spoiler:
Old 11-13-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
If I have lived for 400 years and still hold a grudge over a girl I lost when I was 27 years old I should be locked up for life!
Too funny--I hadn't thought of that. Combine that with the fact that he only knew her for a few weeks and he really is having a hard time letting go of a grudge. Surely he would have fallen in love since then and had a more meaningful relationship.
Old 11-13-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Why would you want to "fall in love" if you were immortal? I'd be all about using people myself because while I last forever, the people I love won't. Too much pain to go through every 60 years or so.
Old 11-13-07, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Why would you want to "fall in love" if you were immortal? I'd be all about using people myself because while I last forever, the people I love won't. Too much pain to go through every 60 years or so.
Who wants to live forever?
Who wants to live FOREVER?

Who dares to love forever?
When love must die...
Old 11-13-07, 09:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
It's like having a pet. your dog or cat dies every 7-12 years- you love them but you get over it with time... and most people get a new one.
Old 11-13-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While the twins drag the story down by repeating the same scene over and over again, the power that they hold would make for a even nastier Syler in the end. He would be able to turn it on/off like a light and threaten even more people.

Up to this point, we've only seen the power effect people that were immediately near her - this time we see that the power can reach out through walls and beyond.
Old 11-13-07, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Too funny--I hadn't thought of that. Combine that with the fact that he only knew her for a few weeks and he really is having a hard time letting go of a grudge. Surely he would have fallen in love since then and had a more meaningful relationship.
Well, for all we know that's exactly what's happened. All we know from present-time Adam is that he's interested in taking down The Company. Bob told Nathan that Adam was dangerous, but we still have no idea how reliable Bob really is, or what his true motives are. It's entirely possible that Adam dropped his grudge a long time ago.
Old 11-13-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
Not even Kristen Bell's cleavage can save this garbage season.
Too little too late Kring, your show now sucks.
I am done with this show, its been removed from my DVR.
To people that still enjoy this tripe, well good luck or whatever.
Glad to know that you and your thread crapping are gone.
Old 11-13-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xVladx
Well, for all we know that's exactly what's happened. All we know from present-time Adam is that he's interested in taking down The Company. Bob told Nathan that Adam was dangerous, but we still have no idea how reliable Bob really is, or what his true motives are. It's entirely possible that Adam dropped his grudge a long time ago.
or, once Hiro left, he could have taken his revenge out on her.
Old 11-13-07, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I know this theory flies in the face of things we've seen on the show, but considering how Kring seems to be in love with Maya y Alejandro, I'm starting to wonder if they aren't more central to the storyline. What if Sylar kills Maya and takes her power, then kills Alejandro, thus removing the cure to her virus? Is that what could kill 93% of the population?

Like I said, this would fly in the face of much of what has happened already, but I just don't see why these two seem to be so critical to the story and why Sylar is with them. I just get a bad vibe from it.
Old 11-13-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Glad to know that you and your thread crapping are gone.
Tracing the previous quips, at least someone is potentially brave enough to keep their word. From last week's thread:

Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
This show is on life support with me, it has 1 more episode to win me back, then I am done.
We'll see if that continues to ring true come NEXT week's thread!
Old 11-13-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Adam seems to be the person that attacks Sulu, especially based on body shape and size, but how can that be? The person that attacked Sulu also attacked Peter's mom in the police station. He doesn't have invisibility and super speed also?
Old 11-13-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Blaster1
The person that attacked Sulu also attacked Peter's mom in the police station.
Didn't we learn she faked her attack?
Old 11-13-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Blaster1
Adam seems to be the person that attacks Sulu, especially based on body shape and size, but how can that be? The person that attacked Sulu also attacked Peter's mom in the police station. He doesn't have invisibility and super speed also?
Well, Sylar figured out about how to get other heroes powers, maybe Adam did as well.
Old 11-13-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did she? How could she fake that attack? Unless it has to do with her special power? I know she said she killed Hiro's dad so they wouldn't investigate and snoop into their powers more...I don't think she said she faked the attack in the police office though...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.