Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice
Old 11-12-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How on Earth did the writers come to the conclusion that people were confused about the origins of Maya's power? I hope they just kind of forget that these characters exist. If not, I hope they now consider everything about Maya completely explained. The next time that black crud and/or blood runs out of her eyes, there better be a damned good reason for it, like she's trying to kill Claire or Peter or something.

I hope something awful happens to Nikki/Jessica/Gina.

The Petrelli stuff was rock solid. I mourn that the show became the Claire show last year because it seems Kring is most at home with these characters. Let them be the focus.

Finally, KB is a minx. If I have to die, let Elle and Gwen Raiden from Angel electrocute me.
Old 11-12-07, 10:07 PM

Much better

Than several of the other episodes of the season.

Who came up with Zan and Jayna? I hate to say this, but I really wish that Sylar recovers his powers and deals with Z&J accordingly.
Old 11-12-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like adam might have something up his sleeve.... i still think he is bad.... he is out to get hiro
Old 11-12-07, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I don't get the whole idea some have that this episode shows Adam is a hero. In fact, I find it more likely that the company is closer to the side of "good" at this point than Adam is. I think the virus is the doing of the company, but I think they actually might be trying to find a cure under Bob's leadership.

Adam used Peter to escape, and he sees that Peter is controllable enough to be a very valuable tool he'd like to have on his side. I see nothing heroic about what he did. He made the case to Peter that he's a good guy, but we know better.
Old 11-12-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No way in hell Adam is a good guy. I am willing to bet that next week they will reveal he is Kaito's killer.
Old 11-12-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<--- also thinking adam is a bad guy.
Old 11-12-07, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If this old superhero group was relatively tight-knit, wouldn't Adam have known Hiro the whole time he was growing up? That must have been awkward...knowing that this little kid was going to screw you over.
Old 11-12-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Not even Kristen Bell's cleavage can save this garbage season.
Too little too late Kring, your show now sucks.
I am done with this show, its been removed from my DVR.
To people that still enjoy this tripe, well good luck or whatever.
Old 11-13-07, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't tell if this ep was pretty good, or just feels way after following the dreck before it. Either way, I was entertained. Keep it coming, next week certainly looks good.

There was another hint at the mother Petrelli's possible persuasion power, too.
Old 11-13-07, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace

-Doc
Old 11-13-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
Yeah, I think it was more like a confirmation of it.

I don't know what to think of Adam. The season so far, I was under the impression the "Company" wasn't all that bad but then this episode made it look like they were the bad guys and Adam was the good guy. The thing is we'll probably never know, until next September or whatever.
Old 11-13-07, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How did this episode make it look like they're the bad guys? They were keeping Peter out of society, where he just went nuclear and nearly destroyed half of New York. That seems pretty rational to me.
Old 11-13-07, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
How did this episode make it look like they're the bad guys? They were keeping Peter out of society, where he just went nuclear and nearly destroyed half of New York. That seems pretty rational to me.
I think when he asked to see his family it very much came across like they were holding him as a prisoner.
Old 11-13-07, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dvd182
So was Eden Peter's long-lost cousin? I don't really get the whole deal with certain people having duplicate powers.

I'm confused about the healing blood. Wasn't that more of a brain thing? Does this mean Pete's blood can heal others as well?
Old 11-13-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Big Dave
I think when he asked to see his family it very much came across like they were holding him as a prisoner.
I'm sure that's the way it comes across to people in mental institutions, too.

We don't know what motivated them to act that way. It seems certain you'd need the Haitian there, and he may have been off doing something else at that time. They also might have had a good idea that Peter seeing his family wasn't necessarily the best of ideas at the moment. I think it's clear that they weren't about to let him go, but that hardly equates to evil in my book.

Honestly, the only thing I'm weighing is whether the whole thing wasn't a set up. I could buy that the company and Adam are actually in league. It seems awfully convenient when you think about it that they were in back to back cells with a duct for talking. It was also pretty convenient how Peter was flushed right into that container and Elle apparently didn't get Adam.
Old 11-13-07, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
So was Eden Peter's long-lost cousin? I don't really get the whole deal with certain people having duplicate powers.
Eden could get people to do outlandish things with her power (like the whole donut thing with Parkman). It seems to me that Ma Petrelli has a less robust power or else she just uses remarkable restraint in its use.

I'm confused about the healing blood. Wasn't that more of a brain thing? Does this mean Pete's blood can heal others as well?
More of a brain thing?

I wondered if Peter's blood could be used to heal others. That gets right down to the nature of his power, I suppose. If his power is of the nature that he can do anything and his power is limited only by his creativity/what he has seen, perhaps not. In that case, the healing power isn't actually present in the blood -- his body just emulates it on demand. If he's some sort of ability mimic, I'd think the answer is possibly.
Old 11-13-07, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by the big train
If the powers really are genetic mutations, then specific powers are probably tied to genes. It's like how you can have certain traits (eye color, hair color, etc). Some people have the genes that give you blue eyes, some people have the genes that give you regeneration, etc. So far, though, the only direct family link we've seen when it comes to which powers a person has is both Matt and his father having telepathy. Otherwise, it seems to be a bit random when it comes to what breeds what. So far, Ma Petrelli (persuasion by touch) and Mr. Petrelli (no powers, if the comics are to be believed) produce a flyer and a power sponge, a flyer and a firestarter produce someone with regeneration, and a strongwoman and someone with phasing power produce someone who can talk to machines.

Well, the brain's the source of the power, but since all the cells are affected by it, it makes sense that blood might have some power to it.
Old 11-13-07, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
If this old superhero group was relatively tight-knit, wouldn't Adam have known Hiro the whole time he was growing up? That must have been awkward...knowing that this little kid was going to screw you over.
Unless he was lying to Peter, Adam had been locked up since before Hiro was alive.
Old 11-13-07, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Great episode! I was really entertained and I'm glad they answered alot of the questions left over from last season and the start of this season. It was sad to see DL go out in such a shitty way.

I felt alot of sexual tension in the scenes with Peter and Elle. Whew!! I didn't realize how smoking hot Kristin Bell is. The tight skirts and cleavage made my night!

I'm looking forward to seeing Hiro attempt to save Mr. Sulu next week.

I really really hate that there is only 3 episodes left.

Last edited by DJariya; 11-13-07 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-13-07, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
and good riddance.

Hope you enjoy Dancing with the Stars and the Bruno and Carrie Ann Dance off!!
Old 11-13-07, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts
I miss Veronica Mars, but as long as they keep Kristen is such hot clothes somehow I'll survive.

But I did like the episode (except for the twins), and the show finally seems to have gotten back on track. I don't ask for Heroes to be Shakespeare, only to be fun and reasonably self-consistent.
Old 11-13-07, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Wow--FINALLY the Heroes I remember from the end of last season. What they should have done was made this the first episode of the season--I think more of the fans would have stayed with the show. Anyway, glad to have it gaining momentum again. Love Kirsten Bell, too--she's really owning that character!
Old 11-13-07, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think in this world, I think both Adam and the Company are "bad"... But different in terms of why. The Company is probably looking out for the greater good, but in the confines of this show, leads to being bad because they want to in effect get rid of the Hereos, where Adam just wants revenge and will do whatever it is he can.

And yeah, Kristen Bell should be in every episode from here on out
Old 11-13-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Two problems with this episode:

1) The Wonder Twins are still annoying as piss. Please, Sylar, KILL THEM ALREADY!!!

2) It came about a month too late in the season. Kring made a big mistake dragging things out this long. We waited all summer to find out what happened to these characters. Making us wait nearly two additional months was not a smart move(which thankfully he's aware of).

Those two problems aside, it was one of the better episodes this season. It felt a little more like last year's Heroes. Too bad we've only got 3 more weeks to go thanks to the strike.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.