Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Damages - "Because I Know Patty" *Season Finale* - 10/23/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But did it show the finishing shot that killed David, or them actually putting him in the tub dead? I know that the two goons were there, and they hit him over the head when he wouldn't give up the tape, but I thought that there was still some uncertainty.
Old 10-24-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
But did it show the finishing shot that killed David, or them actually putting him in the tub dead? I know that the two goons were there, and they hit him over the head when he wouldn't give up the tape, but I thought that there was still some uncertainty.
It showed them take the body into the bathroom, they closed the door, and when they opened it back up the body was in the tub.
Old 10-24-07, 10:41 PM

Great finale. This was probably the best first season of a show I've seen since Veronica Mars.

I did feel that the storyline with David's patient's crazy daughter was left dangling... I expected her to show up at the funeral, or something.
Old 10-25-07, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by starseed
Great finale. This was probably the best first season of a show I've seen since Veronica Mars.

I did feel that the storyline with David's patient's crazy daughter was left dangling... I expected her to show up at the funeral, or something.
She was part of the hitmen, wasn't she?
Old 10-25-07, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, she wasn't part of the hitmen.

Next season might be tricky, since I am assuming it will be dedicated to bringing Patty down, Ellen trying to track down David's killer, and the whole Frobisher recovery/putting him away for murder.
Old 10-25-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Probably because no one else knew that she was at Patty's except Patty? And where was her son when the killing took place? Wasn't he just in his room?
That doesn't make sense as the goon were just outside Patty's apartment when the attempt was made on her life.

I repeat, since she knows that the goons that killed her fiance were looking for the tape and it was just as likely that the tape was at Patty's, why wouldn't she assume that it was the same people?
Old 10-26-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
I repeat, since she knows that the goons that killed her fiance were looking for the tape and it was just as likely that the tape was at Patty's, why wouldn't she assume that it was the same people?

Why would Frobisher's people think the tape was at Patty's - since NO ONE BUT PATTY knew Ellen was there.
Old 10-26-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good interview. Potential spoilers for S2:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/damages-...wers/071026-05
Old 10-27-07, 06:16 AM
Suspended

Didn't the cop working for Arthur tell him that they went looking for the tape at Patty's apartment but things got a little messy?
Old 10-27-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Only because they saw a blood-soaked Ellen leaving the building as they pulled up, which kinda put a kibosh on their plan.

Or were those the FBI guys? I'm confused...
Old 10-28-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good question. I can't remember. I'd have to rewatch to see for sure.
Old 10-30-07, 03:49 AM
Suspended

ya that cop said that things got a little messy when they got to Patty's apartment b/c his goon was about to go in when a blood soaked Ellen came out so they took but but it still doesn't make much sense for him to say "things got a little messy" if they weren't the ones to mess up the situation
Old 10-30-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They could have also titled this series The Ellen Parsons Project.

Was the crazy stalker chick a set up from Patty? I remember Ellen saying that Patty tried to break up her relationship.

But then I thought she was part of the hit squad because the way she was loudly screaming like she was Ellen -- it seemed like she was feigning a break-up and trying to frame Ellen for Dave's murder.

Why didn't Ellen notice her ring was missing when she scoped out the apartment. The crazy chick took it, right?
Old 10-30-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Was the crazy stalker chick a set up from Patty? I remember Ellen saying that Patty tried to break up her relationship.

But then I thought she was part of the hit squad because the way she was loudly screaming like she was Ellen -- it seemed like she was feigning a break-up and trying to frame Ellen for Dave's murder.

Why didn't Ellen notice her ring was missing when she scoped out the apartment. The crazy chick took it, right?
I don't think that she was part of the set up.

As for the ring, weren't both of them in the hiding place when Tate Donovan got the tape?
Old 10-30-07, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As for the ring, weren't both of them in the hiding place when Tate Donovan got the tape?
Those were the wedding rings.

When Ellen and Dave broke up, she took off her engagement ring and left it on the front table. The crazy psycho chick came in to the apartment and put it on. When Dave threw her out, she started pretending like they were breaking up and I think she might have thrown it back at him, but I can't recall.

Anyway, when Ellen came back to inspect the crime scene, I thought she was going to notice her ring was not where she left it.
Old 11-20-07, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Those were the wedding rings.

When Ellen and Dave broke up, she took off her engagement ring and left it on the front table. The crazy psycho chick came in to the apartment and put it on. When Dave threw her out, she started pretending like they were breaking up and I think she might have thrown it back at him, but I can't recall.
I vaguely remember Ellen leaving the engagement ring on an endtable as she walked out and it getting knocked over when David was brained with the bookend. Later on, I think the cops found it during the initial search of Ellen's apartment (during the early part of the season).

Great final episode -- looking forward to the Big Payback. There were some obvious full circle moments (which I missed), but the hitman being a cop was a shocker!
Old 11-28-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Finally finished this series a few days ago. I had 7 episodes backed up and some were deleted as current shows started building up. Once I had 7-8 episodes built up, I was almost tempted to drop the show, but I'm glad I didn't. I actually had to track down several episodes that got deleted online to finally get caught up.

Great season finale! This was probably one of the best new series in the last 5 years or so. Initially it was a chore to sit through, but the mystery and ending was definitely worth the wait and I look forward to Season 2 and 3.
Old 12-20-16, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Damages - "Because I Know Patty" *Season Finale* - 10/23/07

Finished this season in about a week. Great show, and looking forward to the next 4 seasons.
Old 12-20-16, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Been revisiting this myself with the wife. It really set the bar high for shows to come.
Old 12-21-16, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't know much about Rose Byrne, but it definitely doesn't hurt the show that she's really cute!

Last edited by mcnabb; 12-21-16 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-21-16, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

This was one of those shows I missed but heard so much about that I ended up binging on the first season on DVD from Netflix. I thought the pilot was one of the best of it's period and the entire season was pretty terrific. The next season I watched in the standard fashion and while it couldn't live up to the previous season, it was still pretty strong. It only lost me in the fourth season for reasons I honestly tend to forget.
Old 12-21-16, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
I didn't know much about Rose Byrne, but it definitely doesn't hurt the show that she's really cute!
I only knew her from 28 Weeks Later and Damages when Get Him to the Greek came out. I still don't care for that movie, but her being in those dead serious series' made her scenes incredibly funny to me.
Old 12-22-16, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson
This was one of those shows I missed but heard so much about that I ended up binging on the first season on DVD from Netflix. I thought the pilot was one of the best of it's period and the entire season was pretty terrific.
I actually found this show after watching Bloodline as its from the same creators (Kessler Brothers).

Both are told the same way as I enjoy this type of storytelling. Damages and Bloodline have top notch casts too.