Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Damages - "Because I Know Patty" *Season Finale* - 10/23/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Damages - "Because I Know Patty" *Season Finale* - 10/23/07

Old 10-23-07, 07:21 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damages - "Because I Know Patty" *Season Finale* - 10/23/07

FX, 10pm Eastern.

"The season comes to its conclusion"

Can't wait!!!

Small recap: Damages, What You May Have Missed
Old 10-23-07, 07:32 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 30,012
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's been a long time since I have anticipated a season finale as much as this one. What a great show.
Old 10-23-07, 08:27 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Just north of Atlanta
Posts: 5,215
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has this show been picked up for a second season? It seems like it would be better off wrapping up all the loose ends now, but I wouldn't mind seeing these characters come back for more.
Old 10-23-07, 12:55 PM
  #4  
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,001
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ason/800023975

Exclusive: Damages' Season 2 Verdict is In!

Forget Frobisher. Patty Hewes just scored the most important win of her career.

Although an FX spokesperson is denying it, reliable sources are telling me that Damages has been picked up for a second, 13-episode season. A rather surprising turn of events given the show's recent ratings woes, but, hey, I'll take it!
No official confirmation, though.
Old 10-23-07, 02:02 PM
  #5  
Moderator
 
Geofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: The Village Green
Posts: 39,218
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm hopeful!
Old 10-23-07, 11:12 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy shit, what a finale! I was really wondering how they were going to pull everything together, but damn! Hope this comes out on DVD. I'll buy it the day it's released.
Old 10-23-07, 11:25 PM
  #7  
MrX
DVD Talk Legend
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,790
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Larry busting a cap in Frobisher

Good finale and a nice set up for season 2.
Old 10-24-07, 12:05 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't much feeling it for the first 2/3 of the finale, but loved the last 1/3 which sets up season 2 very well. Overall, a really good season, and quite a ride.
Old 10-24-07, 12:56 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06
Holy shit, what a finale! I was really wondering how they were going to pull everything together, but damn! Hope this comes out on DVD. I'll buy it the day it's released.
Damn right HOLY SHIT!!

Friggin' awesome!!! That whole hour was so unsettling. Patty was so cold when he outed Larry as the mole, I actually felt a little sorry for him.

But Popler poppin' a cap in Frobisher - nice.

Didn't realize the writers were dropping a clue in the penultimate eppy with that scene where Ellen expressed regret:
"You and David can work this out. I wouldn't be surprised if you were together again by the time I get back." Yikes, so Ellen was to meet David at the pearly gates! Patty is ruthless!! She'll go to any lengths to prevent anyone from ruining what she had built.


Agree that was a great setup for a second season, and a cap to an awesome first one. Well-constructed!
Old 10-24-07, 02:16 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,813
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cra-zy.
Old 10-24-07, 09:13 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,771
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great finale. Nice setup for next season.
Old 10-24-07, 09:53 AM
  #12  
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another BIG (tm)! Besides Patty and Ellen, any guesses on who's likely to be back in season 2?
Old 10-24-07, 10:14 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Just north of Atlanta
Posts: 5,215
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrE
Another BIG (tm)! Besides Patty and Ellen, any guesses on who's likely to be back in season 2?

Frobisher. I doubt the gut shot killed him. In fact, he will probably try to use the sympathy to regain some of his public support.
Old 10-24-07, 10:18 AM
  #14  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,875
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What was the deal with the dead baby sub-plot? I thought it would turn out to be important, but it went nowhere.
Old 10-24-07, 10:33 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Just north of Atlanta
Posts: 5,215
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
What was the deal with the dead baby sub-plot? I thought it would turn out to be important, but it went nowhere.

I was wondering that as well. Maybe that's why Patty felt so bad about what she did, because she would have had a daughter about Ellen's age?
Old 10-24-07, 10:58 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 560
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am willing to speculate Forbisher was somehow responsible in some way for the Baby's death. Hence her hatred for the man. Her her drive to make the man pay for his actions which borders on fanatical.
Old 10-24-07, 12:22 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 40,392
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked how it turned out, but this show was a real chore to sit through at first.

I think they could have compressed the episodes, dropping about 5, making it a tighter storyline.
Old 10-24-07, 02:26 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Very far away..
Posts: 4,499
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
I liked how it turned out, but this show was a real chore to sit through at first.

I think they could have compressed the episodes, dropping about 5, making it a tighter storyline.
I disagree. I loved every second of it.
Old 10-24-07, 02:35 PM
  #19  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,875
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptStormy
I am willing to speculate Forbisher was somehow responsible in some way for the Baby's death. Hence her hatred for the man. Her her drive to make the man pay for his actions which borders on fanatical.
I was expecting something like that too. Maybe next season, when we'll learn more about Frobisher's past as a bar owner in Boston.
Old 10-24-07, 04:49 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 7,337
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skatefan20
Didn't realize the writers were dropping a clue in the penultimate eppy with that scene where Ellen expressed regret:
"You and David can work this out. I wouldn't be surprised if you were together again by the time I get back." Yikes, so Ellen was to meet David at the pearly gates! Patty is ruthless!! She'll go to any lengths to prevent anyone from ruining what she had built.
I'm confused. I thought Patty tried to kill Ellen but that Frobisher's men killed David. And I'm very confused at how Ellen deduced that the guy who tried to kill her was sent by Ellen and not Frobisher.
Old 10-24-07, 04:55 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 14,020
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great finale, but it was slow at the beginning. I really wanted to see who killed David, but I guess they are holding on to that for next season.

And when Arthur's hitman was outed as a cop, that was a "Holy Shit!" moment for me.
Old 10-24-07, 04:59 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 14,020
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
I'm confused. I thought Patty tried to kill Ellen but that Frobisher's men killed David. And I'm very confused at how Ellen deduced that the guy who tried to kill her was sent by Ellen and not Frobisher.
Probably because no one else knew that she was at Patty's except Patty? And where was her son when the killing took place? Wasn't he just in his room?
Old 10-24-07, 05:03 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,206
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great finale. Great 1st season.
Old 10-24-07, 06:53 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,176
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Great finale, but it was slow at the beginning. I really wanted to see who killed David, but I guess they are holding on to that for next season.

And when Arthur's hitman was outed as a cop, that was a "Holy Shit!" moment for me.
The rogue cop/detective (along with Frobisher goon #2...who was stalking Katie at one point early in the season) were responsible for David's death...(prior to the airing, I thought the tape would be kept in the second bookend Katie gave to Ellen & David. But having it stored with the one used to bash David's head was sweeter. )
Originally Posted by movieking
Probably because no one else knew that she was at Patty's except Patty? And where was her son when the killing took place? Wasn't he just in his room?
Yup, she had figured that Patty, who had feared Ellen herself had become a liability after what happened with Fiske, would turn on her. It just so happened that the goon's plans to break into Patty's apt were also thwarted.

I believe the son was heading off to spend some time with his friends. He was probably another red herring.

My head is spinning after reading so many theories on Patty's baby that, if a second season is greenlighted, I'm hoping it will be addressed.

Last edited by skatefan20; 10-24-07 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-24-07, 07:19 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,089
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Great finale, but it was slow at the beginning. I really wanted to see who killed David, but I guess they are holding on to that for next season.

And when Arthur's hitman was outed as a cop, that was a "Holy Shit!" moment for me.
Arthur's hitman who was outed as a cop is the one who killed David. Him and another Frobisher goon. It was shown in the episode before the finale. That's why he went into the house and picked up the flashlight that he had left there.

This show far exceeded my expectations this summer/fall. It turned into a show that I caught on the DVR to a show I wanted to watch live. I hope it gets some Emmy respect.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.