Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dancing with the Stars, 10/1-2

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I wonder if Cheryl is jealous that Julianne is getting all the attention now?
Cheryl who? It's Julianne time! This girl is so fine looking
Old 11-28-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't stand Cheryl. I never watched the show in her heyday, but the past 2 seasons I watched, I always thought she had a perennial bitch-face.
Old 11-28-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I just hope that they don't pair Julianne with "the old man" after 2 winning seasons like what they did with Cheryl this season. I can see the producers wishing that someone else (professional dancer) would win though.
Old 11-28-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

While Cheryl does seem to have the bitchiness attitude, I think she and Julianne are the better dancer and choreographer in DWTS.
Old 11-28-07, 03:40 PM

Newly-crowed Dancing with the Stars champ Helio Castroneves has split from his fiancée, Aliette Vazquez.

“I can confirm that Aliette Vazquez and I have called off our engagement and are no longer together,” Castroneves said in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE. “At this time I would prefer to keep my private life private.”

The news comes just hours after the racecar driver raised the mirror ball trophy in triumph on Tuesday’s Dancing finale with his pro partner Julianne Hough.

Earlier in the season, Castroneves pushed back his engagement, telling Entertainment Tonight “we postponed it for a little bit until next year.” “Everything is happening so quick. The (IndyCar Series) championship is over, the dancing started, and basically, I was like, ‘Ali, let’s take it easy. Otherwise, we will be divorced before we get married!’”

Castroneves isn’t the first DWTS contestant to have a wedding take a back seat to the ABC reality series. Last May, Castroneves’s partner on the show, Julianne Hough, also postponed her wedding to ex-fiancé, fellow dancer Zach Wilson, because she was so busy preparing for the current season.

http://peoplefalltv.wordpress.com/20...nd-engagement/
Old 11-28-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
My wife was wondering where his fiance/wife was when he won... he was wearing that huge ring.
Old 11-28-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
I never got a bitch vibe from Cheryl.
Old 11-28-07, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts
Yeah, to me Cheryl has always seemed very nice.
Old 11-29-07, 08:27 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
My wife was wondering where his fiance/wife was when he won... he was wearing that huge ring.
I don't remember when but Helio did say the fiancee wasn't planning on attending any of the show for "superstitious" reasons. Thought that was odd, but would account for why she wasn't there early on even though the fiancee and Julianne seemed all buddy buddy at the end of the Indycar Season. Oh well, whatever makes Helio happy.

BTW, the huge ring is one of his Indianapolis 500 winners rings.
Old 11-29-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mel B was great but congrats to Helio and Julianne. They were my favorites. They made this season worth watching just to rewind all their performances. My favorites were all their dances to TV/movie themes. Bewitched, City of Angels, and The Mask. Loved how they changed the ending of all 3 performances of The Mask.

The guys on my radio station have been making a big thing about Helio and Julianne having a romantic relationship. Helio's and Julianne's breakup with their exes didn't help those rumors. But it was the fact that Helio didn't thank his fiance in his acceptance speech. And then there was that big smooch at the finals.

I never thought Cheryl was a great dancer/chereographer. Her routines wouldn't come close to matching anything this season even if she had a better partner. Besides Julianne, I think Katarina is the one to watch. Loved her routines with Mario. She needs to have a better partner.
Old 11-29-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Mel B was great but congrats to Helio and Julianne. They were my favorites. They made this season worth watching just to rewind all their performances. My favorites were all their dances to TV/movie themes. Bewitched, City of Angels, and The Mask. Loved how they changed the ending of all 3 performances of The Mask.

The guys on my radio station have been making a big thing about Helio and Julianne having a romantic relationship. Helio's and Julianne's breakup with their exes didn't help those rumors. But it was the fact that Helio didn't thank his fiance in his acceptance speech. And then there was that big smooch at the finals.

I never thought Cheryl was a great dancer/chereographer. Her routines wouldn't come close to matching anything this season even if she had a better partner. Besides Julianne, I think Katarina is the one to watch. Loved her routines with Mario. She needs to have a better partner.
I thought Cheryls season with Drew Lachey was really great, and two of my all time favorite numbers came from that season. The "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy", and the El Paso number were really, really good!
Old 11-29-07, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by big whoppa

I thought Cheryls season with Drew Lachey was really great, and two of my all time favorite numbers came from that season. The "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy", and the Pasa Doble number were really, really good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ovqw...eature=related
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/editpost.ph...post&p=8323245

I do think the level of dance has risen to a new level this season, but these numbers are still enjoyable even today.

Last edited by magiccmom; 11-29-07 at 10:52 AM.