Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dancing with the Stars, 10/1-2

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,001 Likes on 621 Posts
Cheryl looked dead sexy in that red dress tonight. I'm not much into dancing, but this show is the best on television when it comes to eye candy.
Old 10-17-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Cheryl looked dead sexy in that red dress tonight. I'm not much into dancing, but this show is the best on television when it comes to eye candy.
She really frumped her self up when she danced with Newton. She has those horrible hair extensions and were really horrible outfits. And then she danced with Drew and she was back to her vibrant self!
Old 10-17-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by das Monkey
That outfit they crammed Samantha into looked terrible. She just had a kid. We know. It's cool. Don't put some stupid vertical-drop bow on her chest to trick us.
I am still amazed that she came back so fast. Not to sound gross, but she is probably still bleeding at this point. Yuck.
Old 10-17-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I am still amazed that she came back so fast. Not to sound gross, but she is probably still bleeding at this point. Yuck.
T
M
I
!
!
!
Old 10-17-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Good to have an Ashly sighting. I guess that's why she's not on the show anymore -- busy making babies.

das
Old 10-17-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was just reading a TV Guide article about Julianne and her brother. They had a picture of them when they were little, AND HE LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME. Freaky. I wondered why his looks bugged me for some reason. She is so cute, but he is just weird looking.
Old 10-22-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yikes! Marie Osmond just fainted.
Old 10-22-07, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by astrochimp
Yikes! Marie Osmond just fainted.
That was intense!
Old 10-22-07, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe people in the audience actually laughed. That was scary.
Old 10-22-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad shes okay
Old 10-22-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
That was the longest commercial break EVER! I was really worried. She's so cute. F the judges for given her a 7 across the board.
Old 10-22-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Giving her 7's was okay even though she probably deserved higher... what was not okay .. was given Mark Cuban 7's. Are they trying to say that his dancing was as good as Marie's?
Going first stinks.

I glad she's okay too.
Old 10-22-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow they were really harsh on Helio and Julianne
Old 10-22-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Giving her 7's was okay even though she probably deserved higher... what was not okay .. was given Mark Cuban 7's. Are they trying to say that his dancing was as good as Marie's?
Reminds me of last season when Carrie Ann gave the same score to Billy Ray Cyrus as she did Heather Mills. Heather Mills was a much better dancer on one leg than Billy Ray was on 2.
Old 10-22-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with the judges,Mel and Maks were the best tonight.
Old 10-22-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought Cam and Edyta's number was really hot. And so was Sabrinas and Marks. Those were my favorites tonight.

Think Mark & Kym are going, with Marie and Jonathan next.

I'm really enjoying this season. I'll hate to see anyone go home from now on.

When Marie fainted at first I thought she was being goofy Marie. I didnt think it was serious at first. She was a little maniac before that point.
Old 10-22-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
She was a little maniac before that point.
I was on the phone w/ my sister when she fainted.. and she said the same exact thing. I haven't been watching every week but sis says she's 'maniac' every week.
Maybe she hadn't eaten and all the dancing made her dizzy... of course, jumping up and down the way she did probably didn't help.
Old 10-22-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Eh, they both sucked. No kidding, I almost fell asleep during Marie's dance it was so boring.

That commercial break took forever. Scared me too. Initially I thought she just fainted (cramming her into those clothes can't be healthy), but when it took so long to come back, I got worried. As insensitive as it may seem, just as falling probably saved Jennie, fainting probably saved Marie. Cubes has to go this week.

One great thing about this season is that people are actually growing as dancers. Usually, the judges talk about potential, but people always fail to live up. This season, people like Jennie and Cameron have made incredible strides. Remember how boring and lifeless Jennie was in Week 1? Now that the terror has worn off, she's a pretty darn good dancer.

Carrie Ann, STFU about lifts. It's a celebrity dancing showcase. No one cares whether you spotted a toe leaving the ground for a microsecond. Get over yourself already.

das
Old 10-22-07, 11:31 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Carrie Ann, STFU about lifts. It's a celebrity dancing showcase. No one cares whether you spotted a toe leaving the ground for a microsecond. Get over yourself already.
Quite true. I could see if they were lifting these girls over their head or something, but a toe a few inches off the ground? That strict of an interpretation of the rule is just hurting the entertainment factor, which is the only reason anyone watches this in first place. Thank God So You Think You Can Dance isn't as anal about those sorts of things.
Old 10-23-07, 12:34 AM

Carrie Ann is the Joshua Gomez of DWTS. She's such a pain in the ass. Every time she says to a celebrity, "You really want this, don't you? I feel it." I want the celebrity to say "No, dumb ass. I've worked my ass off so I can be voted off." I can't decide who's more of a pain--Carrie Ann or Samantha.

I can't get over Jane Seymour. She has one hell of a body. As much as I like Jennie Garth, she dances like she's being forced at gunpoint.
Old 10-23-07, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Helio danced like he was constipated, or something.

Marie was a little clumsy in her turns at times, not a lot of snap in her steps. Does Jonathan wear a hair system or something?

Jennie is still holding back a just a little bit, plus the stamina issue came into play this evening.

Mark is this season's Jerry Springer, entertaining even if the actual dancing is average.

Mel tore it up tonight. Could we see Geri next season on DWTS?

Cameron was good again, in spite of what Lift Policewoman Inaba continues to hammer home.

Sabrina was solid as always, even on a dance that made her a little uncomfortable.

Jane is very light and graceful in terms of holding the lines, but I suspect the dances that require a lot of quick steps and power will prove to be a challenge for her.
Old 10-23-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
the faint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siXo2ZAemj0
Old 10-23-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They really made us Helio fans(ok more so Julianne than Helio ) sweat it out tonight.

But in the end they got the right guy.
Old 10-23-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Great music guest.

I just don't know what to say about the fainting.

Is Marie the most popular Osmond?
Old 10-23-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, that was pretty over the top how they milked that fainting on the results show, even showing it from different angles. Kind of exploitative and in poor taste, I thought.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.