Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break -- "Call Waiting" -- 10/01/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Quack
Yea, what's the deal with them not showing her, and she looks different in the picture and on the phone her voice is off.....I know she just had a kid I think too.
Not only that but there were clearly multiple Polaroids of her - I checked and sometimes her hair was in her face and sometimes it wasn't.

Originally Posted by Red Dog
to no HD tonight, at least for my affiliate.
Mine wasn't in HD either. I was pissed. And it was just that program because K'Ville was in HD right after it.

I find this seaon much more interesting than last. It certainly has re-centered to the whackiness of S1. My only complaint (or giggle-point) about Sona is, how come all the prisoners are so well manicured? Sure, they're dirty but on closer inspection you'd expect them to have no razors, nail clipper, etc. so they should be even more scruffy than any of them are after being isolated for so long.
Old 10-02-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Linc's attempt to save them was pretty sad. Going alone and busting in there against guys who probably have guns and them well protected? Please.
To be fair, once she threw the shoe out the window, he really didn't have much of a choice as the bad guys reacted immediately to get them out of there.
Old 10-02-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Not only that but there were clearly multiple Polaroids of her - I checked and sometimes her hair was in her face and sometimes it wasn't.

Mine wasn't in HD either. I was pissed. And it was just that program because K'Ville was in HD right after it.

I find this seaon much more interesting than last. It certainly has re-centered to the whackiness of S1. My only complaint (or giggle-point) about Sona is, how come all the prisoners are so well manicured? Sure, they're dirty but on closer inspection you'd expect them to have no razors, nail clipper, etc. so they should be even more scruffy than any of them are after being isolated for so long.

Mine was in HD but I had issue with "Dirty Sexy Money" last week. The first half was not then it was. I wonder why stuff like that happens?
Old 10-02-07, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I thought it was a good episode. I have to agree that Lincoln's rescue attempt was really pathetic. Those kidnappers could have been heavily armed and he would have been killed instantly......Also wondering what's in the box.

I wonder if they actually got Sarah Wayne Callies to record that phone conversation. It did sound like her. The photos are kind of strange in some angles it looks like her and others it doesn't. It might just be a lookalike.
Old 10-02-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I thought the photos looked like her but the finger looked very strange. The whole thing looked photoshopped.

The box had blood on the bottom so I can assume that it's something human body parts wise.
Old 10-02-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
The first picture they were showing (multiple times) wasn't her and had some hair in her face to obscure that fact. The second picture was her.
Old 10-02-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
If it's Sarah's head in the box, Michael has no incentive to bust Whistler out of Sona.
They'd still have LJ though wouldn't they?
Old 10-02-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah it's crazy to think that Michael wouldn't try and save his nephew if Sarah was killed.
Old 10-02-07, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
It's Veronica's head.
Old 10-02-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Linc's attempt to save them was pretty sad. Going alone and busting in there against guys who probably have guns and them well protected? Please.
It wouldn't be Prison Break if he did it any other way!
Old 10-03-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Prison Break actress was fired

If there’s one thing that seems to be missing about this season’s “Prison Break” its well, that resident spunk Sarah, played by Sarah Wayne Callies (who, in my opinion, was one of the better actors in the show – and definitely the flesh behind one of the more interesting characters). n

And why? Because Sarah Wayne Callies, the woman behind the stethoscope (she’s a doctor, ya see?), was let go. Or so she tells French magazine Tele Star (says Just Jared).

‘I didn’t have the choice. I’m sad, but it’s just show business’, the actress says of the firing. “I was shocked”.

Wayne Callies says she didn’t see it coming and expected to continue on the series.

“I’ll just say this. I am sorry to let down the viewers. I have loved the support Sara Tancredi got from them. And though she was a victim of her own destiny, I liked how she made decisions by herself. But the way things ended up couldn’t have been foreseen. Again, I was deceived by the decision.”

The producers told her ‘It’s too bad. I loved working with you and good luck, we hope we can work together again.’

Next week, my bud Michael Ausiello at TVGuide says he’ll have the full low-down on the situation so set yourself an Outlook reminder.

MOVIEHOLE.net
Old 10-03-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for someone who got fired...the producers sure are spending alot of time on her character
Old 10-03-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Either way it's a shame. I also enjoyed her character. It's gonna be interesting to see how they progress the season with her character.
Old 10-03-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Supposedly on Monday at 11pm ET, Ausiello will post his video blog that will give the details of what happened with Sarah Wayne Callies.
Old 10-04-07, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Maybe it will be her head. So did she get fired because she was pregnant?
Old 10-04-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm going to guess:

Spoiler:
that it is Sarah's head, as allegedly there gets to be some tension between the brothers, and this would fit if Lincoln doesn't tell Michael just so he can (and does) get LJ back. Michael's going to go ballistic.
Old 10-04-07, 12:20 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
It's great to have Prison Break back to it's highest levels of wacky entertainment. I am LOVING this season so far.
Same here. I expected this season to really flounder but so far it's better than a lot of last season.
Old 10-04-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
I'm going to guess:

that it is Sarah's head, as allegedly there gets to be some tension between the brothers, and this would fit if Lincoln doesn't tell Michael just so he can (and does) get LJ back. Michael's going to go ballistic.
very SEVENish - That's one way to write off that charachter.
Old 10-04-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty dumb if that is the route they are going. That will pisses Michael to no end and probably just cause him to kill Whistler, break out of prison and get revenge.
Old 10-04-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
and get revenge.
Shhh, you're giving them ideas for season four.

BTW, for fans of The Wire... Lechero is played by Robert Wisdom, who played Bunny Colvin in The Wire.
Old 10-04-07, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
I'm going to guess:

Spoiler:
If the writers did that, it wouldn't make sense as far as the characters' actions are concerned. If Sarah does indeed die, why would Lincoln jeopardize his relationship with his brother by lying to him and telling him that she is still alive? "So that Michael will have incentive to get out" isn't a sensible answer because LJ's life should also matter to Michael. LJ is his nephew, and on top of that, he supposedly cannot see harm come to anyone. Even if he knew Sarah was dead, are we to believe he wouldn't try and break out with Whistler to free LJ?
Old 10-04-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
If the writers did that, it wouldn't make sense as far as the characters' actions are concerned. If Sarah does indeed die, why would Lincoln jeopardize his relationship with his brother by lying to him and telling him that she is still alive? "So that Michael will have incentive to get out" isn't a sensible answer because LJ's life should also matter to Michael. LJ is his nephew, and on top of that, he supposedly cannot see harm come to anyone. Even if he knew Sarah was dead, are we to believe he wouldn't try and break out with Whistler to free LJ?
I agree, although having far-fetched plotlines is part for the course on Prison Break. But if it was Sarah, you would expect that Michael would make it his mission to break out and hunt down the people who killed her.
Old 10-04-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
If the writers did that, it wouldn't make sense as far as the characters' actions are concerned.
Oh, I agree, but I already factored in the PB writing staff never making the characters make sense