Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Lizards" -- 10.01.2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was I the only one expecting Mr. Muggles to run off with Claire's toe? I think she just left it laying on the floor.

I am probably the only one, but I like the storyline with her and the boy. I like the idea of her getting to know someone like her. I wish though that it had been better established why he was suspicious of her having powers before he confirmed it. It would have been cooler if they had gotten to know each other and have them slowly discover this secret about each other. It seems a little rushed.

Last edited by Jadzia; 10-02-07 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-02-07, 01:55 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I agree with everyone about Maya/Alejandro. Pretty much all that has happened is: Maya cries. Worries her powers will hurt people. Alejandro says he won't let it happen. They get separated for thirty seconds. She kills people. He stops it. Rinse and repeat. This is definitely this season's Nikki/Jessica drag. It's like those storylines are being written by entirely different people.

As for the rest, well, I've been enjoying pretty much all of it. My introduction to Heroes was on HD DVD, and I watched it in massive chunks. I hate having only an hour a week now. The show definitely benefits from being seen a lot at a time, as it allows the audience to keep more of the meta story in their mind.
Old 10-02-07, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
No, given the plague plotline, Psi Corps is clearly involved.
Wrong. This is obviously the work of Blue Sun.
Old 10-02-07, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now that Claire lives in California and has grown this penchant for lopping off toes, I have to wonder if Walter Sobchak knew about her...
Old 10-02-07, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I agree with everyone about Maya/Alejandro. Pretty much all that has happened is: Maya cries. Worries her powers will hurt people. Alejandro says he won't let it happen. They get separated for thirty seconds. She kills people. He stops it. Rinse and repeat. This is definitely this season's Nikki/Jessica drag. It's like those storylines are being written by entirely different people.
I can't say this for sure, but I think it's probably pretty likely that the writing staff actually does work that way. I wouldn't be at all shocked to hear that different writers/writing teams have responsibility for different plot threads, even if writers/writing teams also have responsibility for then scripting and assembling episodes. Somebody has to have responsibility for looking out for each plot thread, I'd think.
Old 10-02-07, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would hope Dominic Keating's role in the show is bigger than "Henchman #2".
Old 10-02-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did Peter and Nathan gain Nikki's powers? Remember that we saw Nathan look into the mirror and see a different reflection, and then last night the same happened to Peter.
Old 10-02-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
And enough already with the fucking subtitles!!! I don't mind a few, but god damn.
Seriously though, that is going to turn off a lot of normal viewers.
A little reading is what's pissing you off about the show? Really? My God some of you are a bunch of whiners.

The subtitles are necessary - almost required. They started it and now they have to follow through with it.

As for the gripes about the pacing, the show has "rebooted". The new plotlines have to be built from scratch. Given, there are built-in characters that we already know (Parkman, HRG, Nathan, Claire) but there are also previously seen characters that we need to figure out how they got where they are four months later (Hatian, Peter, Nikki/Micah). My understanding is that this season is divided into two major story lines - one will resolve before the holiday break. So we shouldn't have to wait much longer before some major things start happening. On the other hand, we'll have to endure more "when is shit gonna happen?!?!" postings when the show returns with the second mini-reboot mid-season.
Old 10-02-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
Did Peter and Nathan gain Nikki's powers? .... and then last night the same happened to Peter.
Scree shot? I don't recall seeing this.
Old 10-02-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

peter didn't see someone else in the mirror last night - he looked in the mirror to see his wounds had healed.
Old 10-02-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ahhh .. I thought the girl that was tending to him mentioned that his reflection was different ...
Old 10-02-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I agree with everyone about Maya/Alejandro. Pretty much all that has happened is: Maya cries. Worries her powers will hurt people. Alejandro says he won't let it happen. They get separated for thirty seconds. She kills people. He stops it. Rinse and repeat. .
You forgot to mention every Mexican's struggle - How are we going to get over the border to the Wonderful, Glorious America. It is a dangerous, deadly journey that every Mexican takes. If you get caught - the US Border agents will shoot you on sight

Her powers suck!! They would have been cool if she turned around and she was a kind of Medusa face with "lasers" shooting out of her eyes.. but she looks like she spent the summer in Siberia in that Black Oil - XFiles prison.

Nicki and Paolo Suck
Old 10-02-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
You forgot to mention every Mexican's struggle - How are we going to get over the border to the Wonderful, Glorious America. It is a dangerous, deadly journey that every Mexican takes. If you get caught - the US Border agents will shoot you on sight

they were crossing the border into mexico from guatamala.
Old 10-02-07, 10:30 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveNinja
they were crossing the border into mexico from guatamala.
but aren't they ultimately going to the US to find the "doctor?"
Old 10-02-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
As for the gripes about the pacing, the show has "rebooted". The new plotlines have to be built from scratch. Given, there are built-in characters that we already know (Parkman, HRG, Nathan, Claire) but there are also previously seen characters that we need to figure out how they got where they are four months later (Hatian, Peter, Nikki/Micah). My understanding is that this season is divided into two major story lines - one will resolve before the holiday break. So we shouldn't have to wait much longer before some major things start happening. On the other hand, we'll have to endure more "when is shit gonna happen?!?!" postings when the show returns with the second mini-reboot mid-season.
I totally agree with you. However, the Wonder twins have had their plot advanced precisely zero over the past two episodes. Peter's still stuck with the sconeheads. Claire's still being stalked by flyboy.

At least last year, at least one plot would advance per episode. The past two episodes could've been combined into one without anything being lost.

But having said that, it's still good.
Old 10-02-07, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
but aren't they ultimately going to the US to find the "doctor?"
yeah but the big bad border patrol you mentioned were mexican govt, not US.
Old 10-02-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
Did Peter and Nathan gain Nikki's powers? Remember that we saw Nathan look into the mirror and see a different reflection, and then last night the same happened to Peter.
Nikki's power is strength, so I think he has that. The split personality isn't really a power but her own psychological condition, as far as I know.
Old 10-02-07, 11:14 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
I totally agree with you. However, the Wonder twins have had their plot advanced precisely zero over the past two episodes. Peter's still stuck with the sconeheads. Claire's still being stalked by flyboy.

At least last year, at least one plot would advance per episode. The past two episodes could've been combined into one without anything being lost.

But having said that, it's still good.
That's just silly. During last night's episode, they greatly advanced the Peter plot, the Hiro plot, and the Noah/Mohinder plot. And I think they also advanced all the other plots as well.
Old 10-02-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I thought that was Dominick Keating last week as one of the Irish mob guys.
Old 10-02-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
Agreed. 2 episodes of setup and no payoff, give us something, shit.
And enough already with the fucking subtitles!!! I don't mind a few, but god damn.
Seriously though, that is going to turn off a lot of normal viewers.
And the bro/sister story is boring!
Just an average start to the season, hope it gets better.
Is it really that big of a deal? They're in Japan in 1671 (ish) so I doubt anyone there speaks english other than Sark. I'm glad they actually stick to some detail.
Old 10-02-07, 11:38 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Why is Parkman acting like he does not know anyone? Hasn't he met all the main characters at one point and in the conclusion last year?
Old 10-02-07, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Am i the only one that was thinking "JUST LOOK UP, STUPID!!!" during that?
same here.

but in last week's graphic novel, he talks about how he can fly and nobody notices because no one ever looks up.
Old 10-02-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF
That's just silly. During last night's episode, they greatly advanced the Peter plot, the Hiro plot, and the Noah/Mohinder plot. And I think they also advanced all the other plots as well.
I agree the Mohinder plot was advanced (thank GOD Mohinder isn't a useless twit this year). The Peter plot went nowhere - sorry, I don't consider him beating up some goons to be plot advancement. The Hiro plot was very slightly advanced in the last two minutes of the episode, but the parts with Hiro pretending to be Kensei will ultimately turn out to be fluff as a result.
Old 10-02-07, 11:57 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
The Hiro plot was very slightly advanced in the last two minutes of the episode, but the parts with Hiro pretending to be Kensei will ultimately turn out to be fluff as a result.
I don't know about that. I'm getting a "Cyrano de Bergerac" vibe from that subplot.
Old 10-02-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnysd
Why is Parkman acting like he does not know anyone? Hasn't he met all the main characters at one point and in the conclusion last year?
The NYPD doesn't know he's got powers, obviously. If he shows he's met these people before, someone could possibly find out about him and his power. Just a guess.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.