Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Lizards" -- 10.01.2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bored to tears with this episode.Ive never seen a more disjointed show and even worse the snails pace it moves at.
Old 10-01-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This episode just flew by for me.

Kensei surprises Hiro.

Angela alluded to a tryst with Hiro's dad!

Peter's re-discovering his powers.

Claire is truly an experimental gal. But who stole her Rogue? Loved Mr. Muggles jumping toward West in the skies.

The Haitiian is back, thanks for Mohinder.

Wonder Twins Power De-activate!

Last edited by Patman; 10-01-07 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-01-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Meh. I am glad they kept the concentration focused. Two weeks and we still haven't seen some of the characters.

Did Dr. Who make another appearance? The flashing was a blue box, right?

"Welcome to Copy Kingdom. How many we help you?" Nice!
Old 10-01-07, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
What happened after Claire cut her toe off? Stupid DVR cut off.
Old 10-01-07, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really hope the black ooze twins story is headed somewhere because it's just killing the momentum of these episodes. It's certainly not so terrible that I'm anywhere near the point I'll stop watching, but I sure hope they are not another example of a story/characters developed on the show only to have fodder for the comic book.
Old 10-01-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
What happened after Claire cut her toe off? Stupid DVR cut off.
It grew back, and stalker/boyfriend saw it. Claire ran out of the house, but he was gone.
Old 10-01-07, 09:20 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
The show comes to a grinding halt when the brother and sister appear. Hopefully their story moves along soon.
Old 10-01-07, 09:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
It grew back, and stalker/boyfriend saw it. Claire ran out of the house, but he was gone.
Was that it? My dvr cut off right after she picked up the book.
Old 10-01-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
The show comes to a grinding halt when the brother and sister appear. Hopefully their story moves along soon.
Like Jessica/Nikki's story last year did?
Old 10-01-07, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, this was better than last weeks episode, but it was still far from great. I agree that the brother/sister storyline is really bad and kills what little momentum that episode had. And that West character is pissing me off already. I never thought I'd say this, but the Niki/Jessica stuff was not that bad compared to these new characters.
Old 10-01-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Eric D.
I never thought I'd say this, but the Niki/Jessica stuff was not that bad compared to these new characters.
I really want to say that, but I can't. That Nikki/Jessica stuff was terrible. However, it seems that last year's Nikki/Jessica = this year's Claire/her so-called-CW-life.

And, yeah, as hot as Dania is, the whole Wondertwins/Northstar-Aurora thing is not compelling or mysterious. It's starting to grate.
Old 10-01-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Wondertwins make me miss Nikki and Paulo...
Old 10-01-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
Was that it? My dvr cut off right after she picked up the book.
yep add to that what Pat said about Mr. Muggles jumping up and down to indicate stalker boy was up in the air

I was willing to be more forgiving to the premier as I thought it did a good job of placing the characters in their new places and creating a new starting point while doing a little looking back... this episode however just dragged on (kept having to look to see if Hiro was freezing my dvr).

I hope next week we can finally get to some better storytelling
Old 10-01-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Two episodes of set up. There'd better be some payback really soon.

Not looking forward to seeing Niki & Annoying Boy again next week.
Old 10-01-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Too much reading subtitles in this show!
Old 10-01-07, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
The Wondertwins make me miss Nikki and Paulo...
Mwahahah. I completely agree. It just seems like we've had to sit through 25 minutes of them in the past two episodes with the only pay-off being that the girl cries chocolate and the boy can make it disappear. The whole Japanese storyline is hilarious though.
Old 10-02-07, 12:01 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Too much reading subtitles in this show!
This has got to be the only prime-time show that has dialogue in four different languages.
Old 10-02-07, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
Two episodes of set up. There'd better be some payback really soon.

Not looking forward to seeing Niki & Annoying Boy again next week.
Same here.

The episode was alright, as Shazam mentioned more setup.

As interesting as it is to see Peter emerge with new powers (electricity, super strength), the whole memory loss thing seems sort of lame and predictable. Also after seeing Takezo Kensei's "surprise", I am almost convinced the writers of this show have run out of new powers.
Old 10-02-07, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by musick
yep add to that what Pat said about Mr. Muggles jumping up and down to indicate stalker boy was up in the air
Am i the only one that was thinking "JUST LOOK UP, STUPID!!!" during that?
Old 10-02-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Agreed. 2 episodes of setup and no payoff, give us something, shit.
And enough already with the fucking subtitles!!! I don't mind a few, but god damn.
Seriously though, that is going to turn off a lot of normal viewers.
And the bro/sister story is boring!
Just an average start to the season, hope it gets better.
Old 10-02-07, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One twin will be good.

The other will be evil.

At least the budget this year seems to have been greatly expanded. Christ, they couldn't even put hardwood or tile in HRG's home last year.
Old 10-02-07, 12:38 AM

i liked the episode, but agree that it wasn't all that thrilling. the only really exciting part for me was the last five minutes when claire cut off her toe and it grew back and then we see west watching her. i was intrigued and wanted the show to keep going, but of course "to be continued..." pops up. i remember a promo for the show last year that talked about the "last five minute endings that only heroes can bring" or something like that. and with this episode, it was totally true. the ending makes me want to keep watching even though next week will probably be some more build-up until another last-five-minutes exciting event/shocker.

having watched it in weekly installments originally and then marathon watching the dvd release, i think the show does benefit from the latter. perhaps these eps will be better when i'm watching them as part of the season 2 dvds. we'll see how the rest of the season goes. can't wait for sylar to come back. can't wait for kristen bell to show up. definitely still invested in the show.

i do wonder how long things will be dragged on though. i'm guessing the maya-alejandro story may get sidelined for a few weeks now that we're getting nikki-micah back this week, which is fine. just wondering how many more weeks before they get to america and we see what happens if she gets lost in a big city without alejandro or if they come into contact with some of the other heroes.

also, i'm pretty intrigued by the whole original dozen storyline (don't know if there's a name for the group?) with the murderer on the loose. i kinda wish they'd spend more time fleshing out the backstory and introducing the other members of the group, but i guess they're saving that for the whole season. maybe the group somehow "created" the boogeyman and he's the one that's targeting them?
Old 10-02-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by asianxcore
Same here.

The episode was alright, as Shazam mentioned more setup.

As interesting as it is to see Peter emerge with new powers (electricity, super strength), the whole memory loss thing seems sort of lame and predictable. Also after seeing Takezo Kensei's "surprise", I am almost convinced the writers of this show have run out of new powers.
Well given that Peter was in the courtyard with Sylar and all the "heroes" at the end of last year he should have a whole lot of powers now. I wonder if they'll ever give him the super hearing.
Old 10-02-07, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Well given that Peter was in the courtyard with Sylar and all the "heroes" at the end of last year he should have a whole lot of powers now. I wonder if they'll ever give him the super hearing.
aren't his powers activated by him remembering how to use them? or something like that? like he regenerated after getting thrown on the taxi because he remembered the feeling he had when he was around claire? so if he has no memory, shouldn't he technically not be able to access the other powers aside from those of the people around him (like using DL's power to pass through the ropes)? maybe i'm wrong and/or looking way too much into this.
Old 10-02-07, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
i'm guessing the maya-alejandro story may get sidelined for a few weeks now that we're getting nikki-micah back this week
I hope you are right, I don't think I can take Maya/Alejendro & Jessica/Nikki arcs in the same episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.