Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Private Practice -- Grey's Anatamoy spinoff -- S: Kate Walsh [MERGED]

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will die in tonight's Private Practice Season Finale?
Pete (Tim Daly)
0%
Naomi (Audra McDonald)
50.00%
Coop (Paul Adelstein)
0%
Charlotte (Kadee Strickland)
0%
Dell (Chris Lowell)
50.00%
Sam (Taye Diggs)
0%
Violet (Amy Brenneman)
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Private Practice -- Grey's Anatamoy spinoff -- S: Kate Walsh [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-10, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Private Practice -- "Did You Hear What Happened to Charlotte King?" -- 11/04/10

Jeez, Charlotte got fucked up good.

There's something about the Amelia character that rubs me the wrong way. I can't quite figure it out though.
Old 11-05-10, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,871 Likes on 1,151 Posts
Re: Private Practice -- "Did You Hear What Happened to Charlotte King?" -- 11/04/10

Amelia? Derrick's sister?
Old 11-11-10, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts
Private Practice -- "What Happens Next" -- 11/11/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-11-04

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Charlotte chooses to suffer in silence as she tries to deal with the emotional aftermath of the attack, as Addison struggles to keep the events of that night a secret, while Cooper and the doctors of Oceanside Wellness fight their own demons arising from the assault.

Follow up episode to the Charlotte storyline. Poor Charlotte , but awesome job by Kadee Strickland.
Old 11-11-10, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,871 Likes on 1,151 Posts
Re: Private Practice -- "What Happens Next" -- 11/11/10

Why does Addison look so different in that pic?
Old 11-11-10, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody know how many more episodes will deal with this storyline?
Old 11-13-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,114 Likes on 807 Posts

I don't watch this show, but I watched the previous rape episode.

I was familiar when the series premiered that it was set in a (kind of New Age) wellness center, but now all the characters were working in a hospital. I just figured that the setting of the show had changed at some point.

I watched this episode to follow up on the rape storyline, and they were still working in the wellness center and working in the hospital.

Huh?
Old 11-13-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

The docs do work at the wellness center but as in real life, the more complicated tests and procedures have to be done at a hospital. So you saw the wife having the test at the wellness center but when the test wasn't enough and surgery was required, they went to the hospital.
Old 11-13-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lisadoris
The docs do work at the wellness center but as in real life, the more complicated tests and procedures have to be done at a hospital.
I can get that, but KaDee Strickland's character is the Chief of Staff at the hospital (and was raped in her office) so why is she also working in the wellness center?
Old 11-13-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh... she is Chief of Staff at the hospital but she also works at the Wellness center. She bought into the center last season. I've always assumed that Charlotte spends most of her time at the hospital and only comes into the center when she is seeing a patient since she's only had a short time to establish her specialty (which is sexual dysfunction if I'm not mistaken)
Old 11-13-10, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks for your answers
Old 11-14-10, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What has happened with Naomi? She hasn't been in several episodes, and I'm not sure where she has gone. Has the actor who plays her left the show?
Old 11-15-10, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Addison mentioned it in the episode. When Naomi's boyfriend died, he left her in charge of his foundation so she's off giving out money. I miss the other doctor she was dating, what on earth happened to him?

If I remember correctly the actress who plays Naomi is based in NY so not having her in every ep might ease the commute.
Old 11-15-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by lisadoris
I think Addison mentioned it in the episode. When Naomi's boyfriend died, he left her in charge of his foundation so she's off giving out money. I miss the other doctor she was dating, what on earth happened to him?

If I remember correctly the actress who plays Naomi is based in NY so not having her in every ep might ease the commute.
Yes, Audra McDonald lives in New York. I believe Amy Brennemen and Tim Daly are also based out of state and commute to LA to work on the show.
Old 11-18-10, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Private Practice -- "Can't Find My Way Back Home" -- 11/18/10

By djariya at 2010-11-04

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Charlotte resists her colleagues' efforts to pursue criminal charges against her attacker. Meanwhile, Pete's estranged brother turns up unexpectedly to enlist his help in getting their ailing mother (Louise Fletcher) released from prison.

Episode 9 of 22

Written by Fred Einesman
Directed by Mark Tinker.

Continuing the Charlotte story arc
Old 01-06-11, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Private Practice -- "If You Don't Know Me By Now" -- 1/06/11

By djariya at 2011-01-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Addison's mother, Bizzy, aggressively demands her daughter do whatever it takes to save her partner from dying - including working with Dr. Rodriguez once again. Meanwhile Amelia and Pete's medical consultation is complicated when a patient's wife and his mistress disagree on the course of treatment, Charlotte and Cooper try to be intimate with each other again, and Violet considers publishing a personally-revealing book she's written.

Episode 11 of 22

I caught up with Private Practice over the Holidays and the show has gotten really good this season. The Charlotte arc and Kadee Strickland's acting was definitely the highlight.

Edit: Changed the Promotional photo to a newer one that was just released. Alot classier and better than that goofy beach shot.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-06-11 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-06-11, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Private Practice -- "If You Don't Know Me By Now" -- 1/06/11

"Private Practice" for being a melodramatic prime-time soap still continues to surprise me episode after episode how much I like the series and MOST of the characters. Can't wait for tonights episode, I love it when randomly family members/friends of Addison come out of the woodwork.
Old 01-07-11, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Watched this before I went into work.

Loved the part where Bizzy slapped Addie upside the head and her reaction afterwards.

Addie is really pissing me off though. She and Sam have barely started dating and the fact that she mentions/pressures Sam that she really wants to have a baby is IMO selfish of her.

I loved how they have handled Coop and Charlotte's relationship/recovery since the attack. The scenes where they are attempting to get intimate and how uncomfortable Coop was were really well done. Kadee Strickland IMO deserves an Emmy nomination for this entire arc.
Old 01-08-11, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They've barely started dating but they've known each other forever. If having a child is a dealbreaker for Addison, I don't see any reason not to mention it and find out if it's a possibility for Sam or he's adamantly and completely against it. She's not exactly a spring chicken. Once she has the information, she can decide if she's OK with a childless life with Sam, or if he's just Mr. Right Now, or if she needs to end things with him and open herself to a relationship with someone who's life goals are a little more in sync with her own (say that doctor who keeps hitting on her).
Old 01-08-11, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Sam did say at the end that he needs more time and for her to not base their relationship on her biological clock. Yeah I know Addison is in her early 40's and time is running out for her.

There is though a small continuity error with Addison talking about wanting to have babies. In the backdoor Pilot on Grey's Anatomy when she 1st came to California to visit Sam and Na (then played by Merrin Dungey), Na examined her and said she can't have kids. Something along the lines that her eggs are all dried up.
Old 01-08-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've also been thinking about that in the background the whole time. I didn't have specifics, but my sense was that Addison can't have kids.

BTW, I thought Sam's response was pretty weak. It's nice to be able to do things when you're 100% comfortable, but that's often a luxury. Sometimes, there are external factors that determine timeline. This is one of those times. As a doctor, and as a generally smart guy, Sam knows this. The question at that point wasn't, "Can we make a baby right now?" The question was more, "Are you at all open to the thought of having another child? I really want one." It's a reasonable question, even at this stage of the relationship (which all considered, I still don't consider "infancy"). When you're looking for a life partner, the purpose of dating is to get to know people and determine compatibility, not just have fun. Personally, I think one of the best ways to do that is talk about the big things rather than just having fun until the big things blow up in your face. It's also my opinion that it's a lot easier to just have fun for a single woman at, say, 25 than it is for a single childless woman (who wants kids) in her 40's.

Last edited by MikahC; 01-08-11 at 10:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-08-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sam is a terrible character. Most of the cast is just too me-centric at times, it flabberghasts me.
Old 02-17-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Private Practice -- "Home Again" -- 2/17/11

By djariya at 2011-01-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
After tragedy strikes the Montgomery family, Addison goes home to Connecticut and Sam and her friends decide to join her. Meanwhile, Sheldon and Violet clash when Sheldon's death row patient confesses to a crime that his wife, one of Violet's patients, believes he didn't commit.

Episode 15 of 22

Did anyone watch last week's episode? Talk about depressing. Addison's Mother and her partner both die. Although I hated Busy.

FYI, if you haven't already heard, Audra McDonald (Naomi) is leaving the show after this season. She apparently has to commute from NYC to do the show and has had enough of it. She says she's open to guest starring apperances.
Old 02-17-11, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Private Practice -- "Home Again" -- 2/17/11

I didn't realize until recently Audra McDonald is a Broadway singer. Glee exposed me to Idina Menzel, so I'd been looking at some of her stuff and came across In Performance at the White House: A Broadway Celebration. In watching that, I saw Audra McDonald perform a couple of numbers in front of the president. The other connection there is that Taye Diggs' real life wife is... Idina Menzel.

Private Practice has such an ensemble cast. More so than Grey's Anatomy.

I did watch last week's episode and I called what Bitsy was going to do once she opened up to Addison. She just didn't care enough to even be mean or cold anymore. She mentally and emotionally checked out.
Old 02-20-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Private Practice -- "Home Again" -- 2/17/11

Wow that was a such a depressing episode...

I never thought that Bizzy would get me to tear up for her (well I guess it was more for Addison) and while I find it unrealistic that all of her friends would fly 3,000 miles for that particular funeral it was very interesting to see Addison's childhood home and how it effected her so much.

I must say year after year this show keep surprising me.
Old 02-24-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Private Practice -- "Two Steps Back" -- 2/24/11

By djariya at 2011-01-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Charlotte and Cooper look to forgive each another after revealing secrets during couples therapy, Violets seeks the forgiveness and approval of her fellow doctors after they learn her novel-in-progress will make all of their personal lives public, Sheldon treats a patient who claims to have multiple personality disorder, and Sam and Naomi team up on a case involving a pregnant teen with Down's Syndrome.

Episode 16 of 22

Excellent episosde last week, although depressing as hell. Season 4 has been so good so far.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.