Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Private Practice -- Grey's Anatamoy spinoff -- S: Kate Walsh [MERGED]

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will die in tonight's Private Practice Season Finale?
Pete (Tim Daly)
0%
Naomi (Audra McDonald)
50.00%
Coop (Paul Adelstein)
0%
Charlotte (Kadee Strickland)
0%
Dell (Chris Lowell)
50.00%
Sam (Taye Diggs)
0%
Violet (Amy Brenneman)
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Private Practice -- Grey's Anatamoy spinoff -- S: Kate Walsh [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-11, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,661 Likes on 2,629 Posts
Private Practice -- Season Finale -- "...To Change the Things I Can" -- 5/19/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-06

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The doctors of Oceanside Wellness are faced with a tough decision -- to point out all areas of vulnerability within the practice and risk the termination of some of their own, or to dissolve the practice and each go their separate way. Addison has a new admirer in town who offers her a very tempting proposition. Meanwhile, Charlotte is assigned to a case that hits very close to home, on the Season Finale of "Private Practice"

Episode 22 of 22

Promo:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7dVlet_DAcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have to admit, I enjoyed Private Practice alot more than Grey's this season. to Naomi.
Old 05-19-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Private Practice -- Season Finale -- "...To Change the Things I Can" -- 5/19/11

There's no doubt Private Practice has a stronger cast, and I also find myself watching my redcording of PP before Grey's. I wouldn't so much say I like it "better", but it's easier to watch when I'm tired. PP is a more mature show. Grey's has been on a long time now, and it's a shadow of its former self. When I think back to the gang that included Burke, Izzy, and George, that was a much stronger show and more on par with PP.
Old 09-29-11, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Private Practice -- Season Premiere -- "God Laughs" -- 9/29/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-09-19

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Benjamin Bratt Joins the Cast of "Private Practice"

"God Laughs" - Sam, Cooper, Charlotte and Amelia team up to save the life of their friend Pete after he suffers a heart attack, while Violet, who was in the middle of leaving Pete and LA, is nowhere to be found. Meanwhile, Addison's desire to have a baby leads her to see Jake Reilly, her recent mystery man, in a most surprising place, and Sheldon tries to help Amelia in her battle with alcohol, on the fifth-Season Premiere of "Private Practice," THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Read more: Listings - PRIVATE PRACTICE on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz1ZN4nEVkB

Does anyone else watch this? Last season was a pretty strong dramatic season with the rape storyline, Addison's Mother dying. Kadee Strickland was amazing last season. This has surpassed Greys as my favorite Thursday night soap. Not so keen about them adding Benjamin Bratt this season just to throw another curveball at Addison and Sam's relationship.
Old 09-30-11, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Private Practice -- Season Premiere -- "God Laughs" -- 9/29/11

Alright, so I guess I will be talking to myself in this thread since I'm probably one of maybe 5 people in this forum who watch this regularly.

Entertaining, yet really predictable episode.

I was really annoyed with Amelia and even Sheldon in this episode. No person in their right mind would have let Amelia do major brain surgery on Pete after a night of heavy drinking. Sheldon should have said something to Charlotte. Granted, she seemed sober, but was pretty stupid to let her go through with the surgery. I liked Charlotte telling her off at the end.

Well, her little drunk Coyote Ugly bar dance was fun though.

Is it just me, but Addison Montgomery is probably one of the most over-sexed and really selfish middle age women on TV? I wish they would stop this whole baby storyline. I think it's so selfish how she continues to pressure Sam and now she's going through with fertility treatments. and of course Benjamin Bratt is the same dude she flirted with in the finale last season and coincidentally in her fertility doctor.
Old 10-01-11, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen the episode yet but it'll be interesting to see how they resolve the conflict. Incompatible desires for kids seems to be a pretty big hurdle and kicking the can isn't really dealing with it. One of the three (Sam, Addision, or the relationship) will eventually have to give.
Old 10-01-11, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The angle of Kate Walsh's legs, in the photo, bug me.
Old 10-01-11, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

I still watch the show and thought the premiere was entertaining.

The psych-out with Sam calling the patient at the beginning of the episode was unnecessary (of course the audience thinks it's Pete but that's the point right). It would have been more interesting if they hadn't resolved Pete's condition by the end of the episode but we'll see what the writers do with his recovery. Sheldon pissed me off too. Granted if Pete had died on the table Violet wouldn't have sued but you don't let drunk doctors operate on folks, just no. Yes I'm sure having to sew up your own hand sobers you up quick but I bet she still would have failed a breathilizer.

Addison is becoming like Meridith on Grey's Anatomy - my least favorite character. Granted, it must be nice to have to choose between Sam and Benjamin Bratt's character but the whining about the baby is driving me crazy. The fact that she was willing to start fertility treatments without telling Sam (I assume she didn't mention it) will certainly be a problem.