Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell's Kitchen Episode 7 (7/16/07)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen Episode 7 (7/16/07)

Old 07-17-07, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me I am really wanting it to be between Julia and Rock (rock is a definate guys choice for me just becuase of what is said before- he hasn't screwed up yet.) but I think in the end it will be between Jen and Rock. There is something about Jen now that I just seem to hate her. Bonnie is a bit of a ditz at times but I think if given training she could become a good Chef. Josh has been screwing up alot more lately. I would be surprised to see him stay longer than next week. And I think you are completly right Superman07 about them holding "waffle Hoyse" over Julia's head, I think she has proved herself again and again minus the fish and chips.

That's all this girl has to say.
Old 07-18-07, 01:54 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ramsey sure likes the girls
Old 07-18-07, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will be between Rock and Jenn.

What's up with Bonnie putting rabbit on the menu and not knowing how to cook it?
Old 07-18-07, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ImOscarDotCom
For me I am really wanting it to be between Julia and Rock (rock is a definate guys choice for me just becuase of what is said before- he hasn't screwed up yet.)
Rock seems to be trying to lay low though. It looks like he's trying not get noticed and let the others eliminate themselves, instead of trying to go out and win the competition. When the donkey was struggling with the lamb, Rock just stood there. He needs to step up and prove that he can make the others around him better.
Old 07-18-07, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by 7Keys
Rock seems to be trying to lay low though. It looks like he's trying not get noticed and let the others eliminate themselves, instead of trying to go out and win the competition. When the donkey was struggling with the lamb, Rock just stood there. He needs to step up and prove that he can make the others around him better.
Not only did it piss me off that they both stood there like idiots instead of helping get the meat back on, but add to that the fact that Ramsay told them to help out and they continued to stand there... At least one of them got the boot for it.
Old 07-18-07, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I loved how at the elimination at the end of the show, Rock started too call Brad out & saying "Why don't you just say it's me" & Brad said because I'm trying too be politically correct.
I wish Josh was the one that was on the chopping block instead of Brad because he's useless as a Chef & Ramsay even said so! I hope that it's Julia
& Rock in the final 2 & hopefully Julia wins because Rock would probally start beating the shit out of his co-workers at the new resturant he would win if he wins.
Jen started to turn into a bitch this episode & Bonnie has to cry every five minutes. Can't wait ti'll next week!
Old 07-18-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I loved how they spent half the show talking about how no one was ordering from the blue menu...and the advantage for red was really only 52 to 48.
Old 07-18-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by The Zizz
I loved how they spent half the show talking about how no one was ordering from the blue menu...and the advantage for red was really only 52 to 48.
I noticed that as well.

Maybe BBCA should air the old Hell's Kitchens from the UK?
Old 07-18-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by nateman241
I loved how at the elimination at the end of the show, Rock started too call Brad out & saying "Why don't you just say it's me" & Brad said because I'm trying too be politically correct.
Rock's "Say my name!" was just out of line. I liked Rock from the beginning, but he has become way too arrogant and obnoxious. Ramsay isn't going to pick a winner that is that temperamental.
Old 07-18-07, 04:07 PM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I would think the paintball excursion would leave no doubt that the potential rewards are definitely different for each team.
Again, that's rubbish, unless you were thinking they picked out the SPA DAY for the guys, specifically??
Old 07-18-07, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shoppingbear
Again, that's rubbish, unless you were thinking they picked out the SPA DAY for the guys, specifically??
I wouldn't call it rubbish. The girls do seem to win any challenge that Ramsay goes with the winners on the reward. Especially just when its Ramsay's opinion that decides the winner (vs. a blindfold taste test, etc.) What was the challenge for the spa reward?

And Ramsay didn't go with the guys on the spa day. He's got to throw the men a bone once in a while to keep it somewhat "honest".

Edit: Ok, he did go with the winners to the paintball game, but that was better tv to have the men vs Ramsay.

Last edited by 7Keys; 07-18-07 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-18-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone know hoe one goes to eat at Hell's Kitchen? I wanna try it out.
Old 07-18-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wouldn't call it rubbish. The girls do seem to win any challenge that Ramsay goes with the winners on the reward. Especially just when its Ramsay's opinion that decides the winner (vs. a blindfold taste test, etc.) What was the challenge for the spa reward?

And Ramsay didn't go with the guys on the spa day. He's got to throw the men a bone once in a while to keep it somewhat "honest".

Edit: Ok, he did go with the winners to the paintball game, but that was better tv to have the men vs Ramsay.
yup. hes very good at picking the winners who would be best suited for the prizes.

but did he really beat all 3 of them at paintball? 1 vs 3? i swear there was some pro paintballer in that outfit and they switched places.
Old 07-19-07, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rkndkn
. Ramsay isn't going to pick a winner that is that temperamental.

Yeah, because Ramsay is known for his cool demeanor in the kitchen.
Old 07-19-07, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by atari2600

but did he really beat all 3 of them at paintball? 1 vs 3? i swear there was some pro paintballer in that outfit and they switched places.

That's why I said it was bogus.
Old 07-19-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

do you know for sure it was bogus? because if not, thats damn impressive.
Old 07-19-07, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by rkndkn
Rock's "Say my name!" was just out of line. I liked Rock from the beginning, but he has become way too arrogant and obnoxious. Ramsay isn't going to pick a winner that is that temperamental.
Yeah, I used to like Rock but he is way too temperamental & I hate people who started picking on other people & calling people out & making the person feel like complete garbage.
Old 07-19-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yup. hes very good at picking the winners who would be best suited for the prizes.

he outlined the "rules" at the beginning. They can shoot him as many times as they like with the unspoken assumption that he'll still be in the game. But once he hits them just the one time, they're out.
Old 07-19-07, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I still don't like how scripted the show feels, but I'm watching it for Ramsay so I can't really complain. Jen needs to go next. That bastard offspring of Rocky Dennis needs to removed. She almost seems mentally retarded. I see this thing going to either Rock or Julia. Anyone else would blow it on their own.
Old 07-19-07, 03:31 PM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by Meglos
he outlined the "rules" at the beginning. They can shoot him as many times as they like with the unspoken assumption that he'll still be in the game. But once he hits them just the one time, they're out.
Plus, he said some things that made it sound like he's played before. Maybe he's played a LOT, in which case it wouldn't be impossible for him to be better than guys who never play.

The women have won more rewards, period. The magazine shoot is not female-specific, and the guys won the spa day. You can point at the paintball all you want, but that's one "guy-specific" reward (if that's what you're saying) vs. the spa day. I don't see that proves anything.
Old 07-19-07, 04:56 PM

The task that the men won for the "spa day" was judged by the couple getting married for the wedding not by Ramsey.
Old 07-19-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
do you know for sure it was bogus? because if not, thats damn impressive.

Well, I didn't see the script titled, "Paintball", but it was still phoney looking.
Old 07-19-07, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nateman241
I wish Josh was the one that was on the chopping block instead of Brad because he's useless as a Chef & Ramsay even said so! I hope that it's Julia
& Rock in the final 2 & hopefully Julia wins because Rock would probally start beating the shit out of his co-workers at the new resturant he would win if he wins.
Jen started to turn into a bitch this episode & Bonnie has to cry every five minutes. Can't wait ti'll next week!

Don't forget Bonnie's (and/or Jen's) look of shock whenever something minor happens. Always eyes wide, mouth open!
Old 07-19-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Meglos
ah i missed that part.