TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kidnapped **Series Premiere/Pilot** - 09/20/06

Old 09-20-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 101 Likes on 86 Posts
Kidnapped **Series Premiere/Pilot** - 09/20/06

"Pilot"
Spoiler:
The son of a self-made millionaire vanishes on his way to school; a rebel investigator must retrieve the victim.

Cast: Jeremy Sisto, Delroy Lindo, Dana Delany, Timothy Hutton, Mykelti Williamson, Linus Roache, Carmen Ejogo, Will Denton, Boris McGiver.
Producer(s): David Greenwalt, Jason Smilovic, Michael Dinner, Sarah Timberman , Carl Beverly.

Original Airdate: September 20, 2006.

Kidnapped
Old 09-20-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 210 Likes on 159 Posts
I'll be watching this tonight. Good reviews for the pilot and I like the cast especially Dana Delany.
Old 09-20-06, 09:41 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I dumped Vanished for this. Hopefully it was the right decision.
Old 09-20-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geofferson
I dumped Vanished for this. Hopefully it was the right decision.
Not sure. I found Vanished both more corny and compelling. I watched this via Netflix a few weeks ago and can honestly say I remember nothing much about it except that Jeremy Sisto plays a cocky P.I. Considering how much trivial crap I remember about such things - that's not a good sign.
Old 09-20-06, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I will check it out to see Timothy Hutton, but I saw a trailer for it and it didn't look to promising.
Old 09-20-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,663 Likes on 1,220 Posts
They casted some quality actors in this show, so I think it's got some potential. Even though I'm still watching Vanished, I tend to get a "Direct to Video" B movie feel while watching it. None of the actors on Vanished are even close to A list.
Old 09-20-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 101 Likes on 86 Posts
Wow - I was surprised by how much I liked it.

Favorite new show of the season (so far).

I just wish they would have chosen someone a little less typecast to play the brains behind the kidnapping.
Old 09-20-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wrote this in the previews thread last month:

"Kidnapped" - Not sure how they'll sustain a season-long cat-n-mouse storyline of getting the son of rich man (Timothy Hutton playing Conrad) back from his kidnappers, but Conrad has "freelance-kidnap-victim-recoverer" Knapp (Jeremy Sisto of Six Feet Under's, Billy) on the case, but the FBI have also stuck their noses into the fray (with Delroy Lindo leading the way for the FBI on his supposed last week on the job).

Someone on IMDB liken the show to a cross between "Ransom" and "Spartan", and I can see that comparison.

But after all is said and done, any show featuring the delectable Dana Delaney (mother of the kidnapped boy, Leopold) will find a spot on my ReplayTV. She looks amazing at 50.

I found this pilot much more compelling than Fox's "Vanished".
Old 09-20-06, 11:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
I liked it a lot. I really like Sisto and his character is great so far.

Dana Delaney is still a MILF
Old 09-21-06, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MrX
I liked it a lot. I really like Sisto and his character is great so far.

Dana Delaney is still a MILF
Agreed on all counts. Punching that FBI dweeb in the mush gets a big from me.
Old 09-21-06, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
"Kidnapped" - Not sure how they'll sustain a season-long...
1.This sentence, or a variation of it, should be mandatory in the first post of every premier thread, because I have seen it in every new show thread this year.
Spoiler:
From the preview, it looks like the son was just the beginnig, so they should have plenty to cover.
Old 09-21-06, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,663 Likes on 1,220 Posts
Hard to believe that Dana Delany is unmarried with no kids (it's on her official site).....but yeah she looks damn good for 50!
Old 09-21-06, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I felt like Gomez Adams when she spoke French.

I agree with B.A. that this looks like the best new show so far. Not sure if I'll feel the same way in a couple months, but it's off to a good start.
Old 09-21-06, 02:25 AM
Banned

It was a little weird the way they had the credits: and Delroy Lindo; and Timothy Hutton; and Dana Delany.

Interesting pilot, but I don't know if they have enough juice to sustain it without it turning into the bad aspects of 24.
Old 09-21-06, 05:52 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
For those who saw the Preair dvdscr pilot, apparently there are significant differences between that and what aired so will be worth watching the aired version as well
Old 09-21-06, 07:01 AM

Guess I am the lonely voice on dissent on this one. Felt like a lot of quality actors acting out a generic, uninspired script. I usually give all shows a 2nd episode before passing judgement, but I don't think I could handle watching another episode. Certainly better than Vanished. But that is a pretty easy bar to clear.

Gotta agree with everyone else on Dana Delany though. Can't believe that woman is 50.
Old 09-21-06, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rayw69
Guess I am the lonely voice on dissent on this one. Felt like a lot of quality actors acting out a generic, uninspired script. I usually give all shows a 2nd episode before passing judgement, but I don't think I could handle watching another episode. Certainly better than Vanished. But that is a pretty easy bar to clear.
I will rewatch the aired broadcast version, but I agree with these comments from my first viewing of the pre-released version. At least with Vanished there is an odd cult-ish "what the hell is going on" factor where here it seems like a more straight-forward plot.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Hard to believe that Dana Delany is unmarried with no kids (it's on her official site).....but yeah she looks damn good for 50!
Maybe she's lebanese.
Old 09-21-06, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If it keeps you looking youthful, I'm all for the lebanese!
Old 09-21-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm. It was just ok for me. I'll probably watch a few more episodes before deciding if I'm going to drop it or not. There just wasn't much to it. It felt very flat and lifeless.
Old 09-21-06, 08:54 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
The pilot wasn't as good as I had hoped, but made me want to tune in again to see where they are going with this.
Old 09-21-06, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was decent enough plot and acting wise. I hated the stylistic choices...those weird flash cuts, speed ups etc. just seemed like they were trying to make a few scenes "Tony Scott-esque" for no apparent reason...and it was only a few random scenes (thank god). I'll give it a few more weeks to see if it can hold my attention...certainly more intriguing than Vanished.

MATT
Old 09-21-06, 09:54 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I liked it. Better than 'Smith' (at least the Pilot was) and better than Hot Dogs Show (the Ron Livingston show ... not sure of the name).

Too bad the title is so generic. I bet many people didnt tune in because they confused it with the other new shows with similar titles.
Old 09-21-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
I liked it. Better than 'Smith' (at least the Pilot was) and better than Hot Dogs Show (the Ron Livingston show ... not sure of the name).

Too bad the title is so generic. I bet many people didnt tune in because they confused it with the other new shows with similar titles.
It kind of reminds me of midseason last year when NBC brought us Thief within a week of FX bringing us Heist. Oh, whoops -- I got the names backward. I'll let it stand that way because it just makes clear how confusing it was.
Old 09-21-06, 11:24 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Not off to a good start in the ratings. It finished well behind CSI: NY and a repeat of the Grey's Anatomy finale.
Old 09-21-06, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 134 Posts
Wow...this was a REALLY good pilot. I'm there for Episode 2. Of all the new shows I've seen (and honestly, I've ONLY seen The Class, Jericho, Vanished and Kidnapped), this was by far my favorite.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.