DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Barker Says O'Donnell Could Replace Him (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/503888-barker-says-odonnell-could-replace-him.html)

Ronnie Dobbs 06-17-07 09:02 PM

Barker Says O'Donnell Could Replace Him

Barker Says O'Donnell Could Replace Him
Jun 16, 5:56 AM EST

LOS ANGELES -- Bob Barker endorsed his friend Rosie O'Donnell as a possible successor on "The Price Is Right," although the newly retired host isn't sure CBS wants a woman to take over the game show.

"I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

Barker said his friendship with O'Donnell goes back several years, when she had him as a guest on her old daytime talk show.

"She told me she loved 'The Price Is Right' and wanted to host it one day," he recalled.

Among those mentioned as possible replacement hosts have been Todd Newton of the E! network, Mark Steines of "Entertainment Tonight," George Hamilton and John O'Hurley.

Barker retired last week at age 83 after 35 years of giving away vacations and cars on the hit CBS game show. But he said he may be back with some specials featuring vintage clips and guests.

"If it works out, I'd like to do that," he said.

Vipper II 06-17-07 09:29 PM

Getting Rosie to host would definitely prevent me from watching. Jay Peterman would be my choice.

Mr.Briggs 06-17-07 10:10 PM

One thing's for sure, she wouldn't be talking politics at all for TPIR & she just could do a good job if she got the chance. Although she would probably end the show by asking that you have your Republican spayed or neutered.

calhoun07 06-17-07 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
One thing's for sure, she wouldn't be talking politics at all for TPIR & she just could do a good job if she got the chance. Although she would probably end the show by asking that you have your Hasselbeck spayed or neutered.

Fixed

Jimmy James 06-17-07 11:29 PM

I think there is a better chance of NBC signing her, bringing back Truth or Consequences, and making all of the questions and stunts be related to Rosie's crazy theories.

Ronnie Dobbs 06-18-07 12:22 AM

Arsenio Hall?

Seantn 06-18-07 02:04 AM

Who actually thinks this will happen? She says she didn't sign on for "The View" again because they wanted her for a 3 year contract and she only wanted to sign a 1 year contract. If she signed on for this, they wouldn't let her get away with a 1 year deal only. Also, this way she'd have to move her family to Los Angeles. I don't see it happening.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 06-18-07 05:48 AM

Barker obviously doesn't want the show to go on without him

islandclaws 06-18-07 11:40 AM

They should make Bob do the show until he drops dead on stage. I can't imagine watching it with anyone else hosting and if Rosie "I pack a box lunch" O'Shitbag gets the job it will prove to me that if there is a hell, it's frozen solid.

adamblast 06-18-07 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Seantn
Who actually thinks this will happen? She says she didn't sign on for "The View" again because they wanted her for a 3 year contract and she only wanted to sign a 1 year contract. If she signed on for this, they wouldn't let her get away with a 1 year deal only. Also, this way she'd have to move her family to Los Angeles. I don't see it happening.

Additionally, she's always dreamed of doing the show "her way"...and probably has a list of supposed improvements that the producers would be fools to accept.

cdollaz 06-18-07 03:22 PM

Hiring Rosie would be a good sign that they do not know their demographic very well.

jeffkjoe 06-18-07 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
Arsenio Hall?

That's actually a VERY good choice.

madcougar 06-18-07 04:03 PM

This thread would rule if it was titled "Barker Says O'Donnell Could Eat Him."

redskull 06-18-07 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
I can't imagine watching it with anyone else hosting and if Rosie "I pack a box lunch" O'Shitbag gets the job it will prove to me that if there is a hell, it's frozen solid.

If she actually gets the job it'll prove that there most definitely IS a Hell, and it's right here on Earth.

At least she probably wouldn't get rid of "Barker's Beauties."

Uhny Uftz 06-18-07 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
Additionally, she's always dreamed of doing the show "her way"...and probably has a list of supposed improvements that the producers would be fools to accept.

Amen to that. The reason behind the show's success (and Bob Barker has said this himself) is that the game hasn't changed in all these years. No one can replace BB, but if it is Rosie I will never watch that show again.

Jobronie 06-19-07 09:26 AM

The most Bob Barker-esque person I can think of:

Mitt Romney.

AGuyNamedMike 06-19-07 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe

Arsenio Hall?

That's actually a VERY good choice.

Concur.

zebop 06-19-07 11:14 AM

Arsenio Hall?

He would be great.

GuessWho 06-19-07 11:48 AM

Contestant's Row will be renamed The Dog Pound

The Bus 06-19-07 11:49 AM

I'd rather have Rosie Perez.

shanester 06-19-07 12:12 PM

CBS will not hire Rosie she's too annyoing for a game show and the Donald was right..she's f-ugly too! :lol:

lotsofdvds 06-19-07 12:29 PM

So who's hosting now? Or is the show in reruns?

Spoon 06-19-07 01:46 PM

what show are we talking about - the Dike is Right?

Chew 06-19-07 01:49 PM

CBS has known for sometime about Barker's retirement and even after his last show has aired, we still don't know the replacement. I know they want to get it right, but seriously, why is it taking so long?

Deftones 06-19-07 02:12 PM

Because it's an extremely popular show during the day and they don't want to pick someone that sucks or that'll get people to tune out.