Thompson leaving Law & Order

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Thompson leaving Law & Order

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-07, 01:30 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I'd move for John Larroquette... oh wait, he's got another lawyer job.
Old 06-25-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
:

My vote for new ADA is: ALAN ALDA!

I'd watch that show in a heartbeat. Just look what he did for West Wing!

-Doc
Old 06-25-07, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
I'd watch that show in a heartbeat. Just look what he did for West Wing!
Got it cancelled after two years?
Old 06-25-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aintnosin

Some would probably argue that would be a good fate for L&O in a couple of years.
Old 06-26-07, 01:56 AM

I know this would never happen seeing as she's bat shit crazy but I would love to see Lara Flynn Boyle back in some kind of lawyer show. She was practically the best thing on The Practice along with Camryn Manheim.
Old 06-26-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gatoinfeliz
I know this would never happen seeing as she's bat shit crazy but I would love to see Lara Flynn Boyle back in some kind of lawyer show. She was practically the best thing on The Practice along with Camryn Manheim.
Agree, I would tune into L&O more often if she joined the cast (too much $ though, I think). But Camryn Maheim as one of the best things on the Practice? All she did was whine about being fat on the show. But then again, Eugene whined about being black, Jimmy about his big head/inferiority complex..... I think Camryn as Ellenor was a little more annoying though. It got old, even though I was a huge fan of the show.
Old 06-26-07, 08:45 AM

Isaiah Washington is in talks with NBC (but nothing more specific than that):

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

Thought: Do you think they would try to court him to L&O as an ADA?
Old 06-27-07, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If Isaiah Washington joined the cast he would be yet another cast member to play 2 different people on the show. In the first or second season he was in the show for a matter of 2 minutes as a college student who was just standing in the background while Logan (Chris Noth) was getting information from 2 kids.
I think NBC could afford Lara Flynn Boyle because they could afford her for a 7 episode stint on Las Vegas. I enjoyed her stint of Vegas & I loved seeing that loon blowin' off the roof into a window at a shoe store.
I wasn't the biggest Ghost Whisperer fan when season 1 started but I thought it was a decent show & tuned in but once Aisha Tyler left & they brought in Camryn Manheim I was done, the show turned from mildly intresting friday show into borefest television.
I'm still sticking with Alan Alda as my choice as a new L&O ADA because he could bring not only some comedy to the show but also a great emotional presence & could finally get a little character development back on the show again.
Old 06-27-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Ugh. I couldn't stand skin&bones Boyle on Las Vegas. No thank you.
Old 06-27-07, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw a commercial last night for a mini-marathon titled something like "Thompson Mini-Marathon" as a kickoff of sorts to 'celebrate' Branch's character, assuming because they won't air any of his episodes after that point. Perhaps it was this weekend... I don't quite remember.
Old 06-27-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GradVT06
I saw a commercial last night for a mini-marathon titled something like "Thompson Mini-Marathon" as a kickoff of sorts to 'celebrate' Branch's character, assuming because they won't air any of his episodes after that point. Perhaps it was this weekend... I don't quite remember.
Considering he's expected to announce somewhere around the 4th, this weekend would make sense.
Old 06-27-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aintnosin
HA. The show when out when it was supposed to, and he and Smitts added a fire and sense of urgency that had been missing since Sorken left the show. They whole election story line really helped bring the show back to somewhat of its glory prior to the finale.

That being said (and as much as I'd love to see ol' Hawkeye on L&O), he's a little too old at this point. I mean he's older than McCoy for chrissake.

-Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 07-19-07 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-27-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk God

HA. The show when out when it was supposed to, and he and Smitts added a fire and sense of urgency that had been missing since Sorken left the show. They whole election story line really helped bring the show back to somewhat of its glory prior to the finale.

I'd even say that fire had been missing during Sorkin's last season (S4). My DVD collection reflects it - I have S1-S3 and S7.
Old 06-27-07, 11:36 AM

Doc MacGyver

That being said (and as much as I'd love to see ol' Hawkeye on L&O, he's a little too old at this point. I mean he's older than McCoy for chrissake.

-Doc
I know that this might be the stupidest fucking thing ever said but here's what I think might work if they decided to bring Alan Alda on the show (which will probally never happen).
I think they should actually call him Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce & It's television so it doesn't have to be %100 "In reality". I think they should say that he was a former doctor in the Korean war & when he came home after he decided that he should move to New York & quit being a doctor (because of all the emotional suffering in korea) and decided that he would go into the Law profession & become an ADA.
Then he could have conflicting storylines & Alan Alda loves to do drama & I think a real good storyline would be a girl gets raped usual L&O type episode because in real life Alan Alda was a activist for feminism.
-Now I know thats serious nuttybanter but the one think about it is if they did that I think Law & Order would see a HUGE increase in the ratings because M*A*S*H (one of my all-time favorite shows) brought in the HUGE ratings and I think it would peak peoples intresting in Law & Order again & could possibly save Primetime Friday.
Old 06-27-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'd even say that fire had been missing during Sorkin's last season (S4). My DVD collection reflects it - I have S1-S3 and S7.

Aw man, you should definitely get season 6. Some truly great ones there. "Freedonia", "A Good Day" "2162 Votes." Then again, in my opinion, "The Supremes" is worth the price alone for season 5.

I know that this might be the stupidest fucking thing ever said but here's what I think might work if they decided to bring Alan Alda on the show (which will probally never happen).
I think they should actually call him Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce & It's television so it doesn't have to be %100 "In reality". I think they should say that he was a former doctor in the Korean war & when he came home after he decided that he should move to New York & quit being a doctor (because of all the emotional suffering in korea) and decided that he would go into the Law profession & become an ADA.
Then he could have conflicting storylines & Alan Alda loves to do drama & I think a real good storyline would be a girl gets raped usual L&O type episode because in real life Alan Alda was a activist for feminism.
-Now I know thats serious nuttybanter but the one think about it is if they did that I think Law & Order would see a HUGE increase in the ratings because M*A*S*H (one of my all-time favorite shows) brought in the HUGE ratings and I think it would peak peoples intresting in Law & Order again & could possibly save Primetime Friday.

Your ideas intrigue me and I would be interested in subscribing to your newsletter.

-Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 06-27-07 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-27-07, 11:53 AM

Your ideas intrigue me and I would be interested in subscribing to your newsletter.

-Doc
Old 06-27-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Aw man, you should definitely get season 6. Some truly great ones there. "Freedonia", "A Good Day" "2162 Votes." Then again, in my opinion, "The Supremes" is worth the price alone for season 5.

I still have The Supremes on my DVR. That's the only episode of WW worth a damn from S5 and most of S6.
Old 06-27-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I still have The Supremes on my DVR. That's the only episode of WW worth a damn from S5 and most of S6.

"King Korn" from season six... AWESOME episode, totally forgot about that one.

-Doc
Old 07-18-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Looks like Linus Roache has been cast to replace Jack McCoy's position as ADA.
Old 07-18-07, 01:14 PM

It's BATMAN's dad!

Good choice! (I hope he wears the purifier suit from Riddick ! )
Old 07-18-07, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Isaiah Washington is in talks with NBC (but nothing more specific than that):

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

Thought: Do you think they would try to court him to L&O as an ADA?
For clarification's sake, it ended up being a role on The Bionic Woman.
Old 07-19-07, 09:11 AM

^^^ Oh, Lord Television has just really gone too hell! The Bionic Woman Anyways, Linus Roache is a decent replacement for McCoy. I still want good ole' Michael Moriarty back but thats never going to happen.
Old 07-19-07, 12:15 PM
Banned

I know that this might be the stupidest fucking thing ever said but here's what I think might work if they decided to bring Alan Alda on the show (which will probally never happen)...
It can't possibly be more stupid than what aintnosin posted in this thread about West Wing.
Old 07-19-07, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still want good ole' Michael Moriarty back but thats never going to happen.
Have you seen him lately? Unless his opening and closing argument was consistantly, "uughhhhh....brraaaiinnnnssss..... BRRRRAAAAAIIIINS!!!... ughhhhhh....." then I'm not sure it would work out.

-Doc
Old 07-20-07, 09:26 AM

^^^ Nope havn't seen Mr. Moriarty in awhile, Last I heard he was divorced again & he wanted to run for the pres. of the United States.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.