Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
"Beardy" was funny.
Old 05-18-07, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
Here's hoping they stop the "will they or won't they" nonsense and actually depict a healthy relationship on a television show for once.
Here, here. Well said.
Old 05-18-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
1000 of these babies equals an extra 5 minutes for lunch.

As always, the attention to detail is great. "Motivational Tool" right under Dwigt's picture.

Old 05-18-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Just chiming in to say it was a great episode, and I'm glad Creed's blog is now reality.

Jenna's got a great smile and I was happy for her.

Ryan's smirk at the end was classic.

I like Karen. I hope she comes back.

Last edited by boogieman03; 05-18-07 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-18-07, 10:28 AM

Creed's Prediction: The Orioles will win the world series against the Pirates in 7 games...

fingers crossed
Old 05-18-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Creed Thoughts
Hey-o, everyone out there in SyberWorld. It’s old Creed Bratton coming at your again, here from my perch as a Quality Assurance Manager at Dunder Mifflin paper. Just a few observations on the world around me.

What do you guys think is the best kind of car? To me, you can’t beat motorcycles. They’re small, and dangerous.

I got into a car accident yesterday and I just took off. It didn’t look too bad. The guy was making a big deal out of it, but come on – dogs don’t live forever.

Sometimes when I’m sick, or feeling blue, I drink vinegar. I like all kinds: balsamic, vodka, orange juice, leaves.

Working in an office is fine, but I’d rather be a millionaire. [Elaborate on this. It’s interesting. Maybe Trademark it, too.]

Today in my office where I work as Director of Quality Assurance, we went to the beach for some reason that was never adequately explained. When we were there, our manager told us to eat hot coals. I thought that was a little bit untoward so I ate a fish. Then a woman I have literally never seen before in my entire life started talking very loudly about something involving Halpert. She was agitated, I’d say. From what I could guess, she was definitely on drugs of some kind, perhaps cocaine, or maybe ‘drines. Also, she is a knock-out. She reminds me of a young Daphne Du Maurier. Also, I stupidly ate the fishbones. I told myself “never again” after the last time, but then you turn around, and bam, they’re in my mouth. I also ate 55 hot dogs in 15 minutes, which is a world record.

Everybody remembers: “April showers bring May flowers.” But no one remembers how the rest of that goes. Which I find so frustrating.

Prediction: the Orioles will win the World Series over the Pirates in seven games.

Prediction: the space program will be renamed the Outer Space Program by 2060.

Prediction: someday we will be able to travel faster than sound. We will “break the sound barrier.”

Prediction: [note – need more predictions.]

Reminder: Michael’s safe combo: 26-32-20.

Old 05-18-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Wow.

"Then a woman I have literally never seen before in my entire life started talking very loudly about something involving Halpert."

Best line of the whole thing. He has no idea who anybody is.
Old 05-18-07, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts
Not quite as good as last seasons finale, but the best episode of the season. Terrific in many ways.
Old 05-18-07, 11:13 AM

I honestly get the feeling that Novak is going to be the downfall of this show by constantly increasing the screentime his character gets. I hope Ryan's move to New York is a way to force BJ behind the scenes more, but I'm afraid he'll come up with some lame reason to be back in Scranton as much as Jan was this season.
Old 05-18-07, 11:33 AM

" Then a woman I have literally never seen before in my entire life started talking very loudly about something involving Halpert. "

I like that one.
Old 05-18-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

one thing bad about this episode...... NO TOBY
Old 05-18-07, 11:57 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
one thing bad about this episode...... NO TOBY
That did suck, but he was one of the episode's writers, so perhaps he was more focused on that.
Old 05-18-07, 12:00 PM

did anyone else think the 1 hour long format was a bit too much? love the show, but i think i'd prefer it to remain 30 minutes...
Old 05-18-07, 12:01 PM

So, Jim had his interview, while Karen went to lunch with her friends. Next thing, Jim is back at Scranton asking Pam to dinner.

So, did Jim just completely blow off Karen, and leave her behind in New York? That is going to be a cold scene when they meet up again.
Old 05-18-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Whoever made that forgot to add that scene where Michael is checking them out with his hands!
I made it, but I didn't include anything else because I wanted to keep the file size as small as I could to keep decent quality.
Old 05-18-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't get enough of the people all over the Internet that think they did some kind of fake-out on the phone and Ryan didn't really get the job: folks, he got the job. There is no reason to do some elaborate edit that completely negates the "cliffhanger" of the season. Ryan is an MBA, Dunder Mifflin (or the Super Duper Paper Company - it's Super Duper!) has once again made a mistake with their hiring process and, since Jan is no longer his boss Michael needs a new one and it doesn't get any better than for it to be the person he continually abuses.

LOVED this episode. Everything about it was gold. I loved Jim going along with Kevin's hottness speculation, Pam's talking heads and willingness to play along with Dwight's insanity, Michael's look of sheer terror when Jan broke down in his car, Creed's Word document blog (there are people at my job that I could fool with this too), Meredith's "in my experience, people are more interested in the back of you" and Kelly's shriek of "What?!?" with Ryan's shit-eating grin at the end.

Oh, and of course I have to mention Pam's face after Jim asked her out - I damn near teared up myself. Here's hoping they stop the "will they or won't they" nonsense and actually depict a healthy relationship on a television show for once.
. pretty much sums up my opinion as well.
Old 05-18-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMadMonk
So, Jim had his interview, while Karen went to lunch with her friends. Next thing, Jim is back at Scranton asking Pam to dinner.

So, did Jim just completely blow off Karen, and leave her behind in New York? That is going to be a cold scene when they meet up again.
I've heard a lot of people question what happened, but it seemed damn clear to me. It was already apparent that NYC was "Karen's town" - she knew where to go to eat, she had friends there, etc. They've telegraphed problems with Jim and Karen for a while, and their conversation about who would move for whom was very telling.

I'm sure Jim walked out of the interview, called Karen and broke up with her, Karen declined a ride home, opting to stay in the city with her friends for a few days, and Jim headed back. That seems far more plausible and realistic to me than "Jim ditched his gf in NY and went back to Scranton to go on a date."

One other thing I want to say. I am ecstatic that rather than doing the typical "burst in and kiss the girl" stuff that happens on TV all the time, Jim simply asked Pam out on a date. Made me about a million times happier that way.
Old 05-18-07, 12:34 PM

Incredible episode. By far the best show on TV not on HBO.

I love Karen...probably because she is so fine, but I agree her character isn't that interesting. But she is still goregous.

Favorite parts:

1) Michael's motorboat
2) Schrute bucks exchange
3) Michael responding to Jim and Karen going to NY early with "Why, so you can DO it?"
4) The final scene with "We're done"
5) www.creedthoughts.gov.www/creedthoughts - hysterical

This show is just the best and I can't wait for the DVD for this season
Old 05-18-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

would have loved to see toby and dwight interact
Old 05-18-07, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by TheMadMonk
I'm sure Jim walked out of the interview, called Karen and broke up with her, Karen declined a ride home, opting to stay in the city with her friends for a few days, and Jim headed back. That seems far more plausible and realistic to me than "Jim ditched his gf in NY and went back to Scranton to go on a date."
I suspect that we will eventually be clued in as to how it actually went down. I like to think that Draven is closer to what the writers intended, but I do think that the Jim character has been portrayed in parts of the series with a bit of a nasty streak (Granted, most of the time his nastiness been directed towards Dwight, Michael, and Andy...).

One other thing I want to say. I am ecstatic that rather than doing the typical "burst in and kiss the girl" stuff that happens on TV all the time, Jim simply asked Pam out on a date. Made me about a million times happier that way.
Another excellent point. Of course, Jim had already done the big dramatic kiss thing at the end of LAST season.
Old 05-18-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

GREAT episode.

Although, of course, Ryan being hired to corporate was completely unrealistic. A few years of work experience, no sales, has never managed anyone. And most business schools want their applicants to have management experience before entering their program. I guess hiring the least qualified candidate is the point, though.

Still, Ryan's kind of a prick. Breaking up with Kelly that way, crapping all over Michael in his presentation when Michael was speaking immediately afterward, etc. I think he's going to end up being more like Neil in the UK series.
Old 05-18-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Nor could it.
Old 05-18-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

try here

http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/
Old 05-18-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts
My thoughts on Ryan getting hired were maybe they hired him for something else...Maybe shifting some people around corporate. I dunno...
Old 05-18-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Phenomenal episode. Would have liked to see some Toby, but other then that, it was the perfect ending to this season.

I have no problem with Jim/Pam getting together, permanently, and then the focus can go to the other players.

All in all, easily the best sitcom currently on television, easily.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.