Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office "The Job" Season Finale 05/17/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Pretty damn good season. It was not season 2, but it was still pretty good. I hope they can keep this going for season 4.
Old 05-17-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome episode!

Karen showed her true colors by not waiting around during Jim's interview. I loved it when Jim went back to Scranton and asked Pam out on a date.
Old 05-17-07, 10:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
"Your advice was good, but hers was bigger"

The Schrute bucks/Stanley nickels exchange was great as well.
Old 05-17-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
Karen showed her true colors by not waiting around during Jim's interview. I loved it when Jim went back to Scranton and asked Pam out on a date.
How's that? Jim said she didn't need to hang around. What's the biggie?

Oh wait...that was code, huh?

Also, guess i'm not a Jim/Pam fan. Didn't care much for that moment.

Oh well. All in all, I enjoyed the hell out of it and let me say that Jan has a fantastic rack.
Old 05-17-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Loved Jim walking in and asking Pam out at the end.

But my favorite part was the last 2 minutes. Never saw that coming! LOL!
Old 05-17-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, as (most) everyone has already said, a really nice episode, and a lovely way to end the season. A couple of genuine surprises: Jan turning out be a total nutcase and getting fired, Ryan (perhaps? probably?) getting the corporate job, and Jim connecting with Pam at the end.

Funniest moments for me were Creed's blog and the Schrute Bucks.

Lots of good Michael moments, too. And who could possibly not get a little choked up at the whole series of sequences involving Pam and Jim at the end, leading up to Jim asking her out?

That having been said, I don't see Jim and Pam really "getting-together"-getting-together come next season. I suspect they will be resuming a strong friendship rather than becoming a genuine couple, or the writers will otherwise develop that very slowly. And I suspect Karen will still be in the picture in some regard to that.

Why, you ask? Because I think in the end the "reality" of a romance between two hyper-ideally matched characters as Jim and Pam just wouldn't nearly be as compelling as the ongoing anticipation of what "could be" if only they would finally get together. The writers and producers know that, and I'm sure they are saving that payoff for the eventual finale of the show.

Last edited by Sex Fiend; 05-17-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-17-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Al Padrino
So wait, what becomes of Ryan? Does he remain on as a character? I ask because he's penned some of the series' best episodes and I'd hate to think he was leaving.

Thought they handled the Jim/Pam thing very well. Avoided making it too sappy or cliche.

And damn, I want some Schrute Bucks.
Yes, I don't have the link now, but I read an interview on The Office that said that next year they want to get into the lives of corporate again. Because of that, I just figured either Jim or Karen would get the job. But it does look like Ryan will still be on at least as much as he is now. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the series, he's running the company. :P
Old 05-17-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

this sucks.... i hope karen doesnt come back.....
Old 05-17-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
Well, as (most) everyone has already said, a really nice episode, and a lovely way to end the season. A couple of genuine surprises: Jan turning out be a total nutcase and getting fired, Ryan (perhaps? probably?) getting the corporate job, and Jim connecting with Pam at the end.

Funniest moments for me were Creed's blog and the Schrute Bucks.

Lots of good Michael moments, too. And who could possibly not get a little choked up at the whole series of sequences involving Pam and Jim at the end, leading up to Jim asking her out?

That having been said, I don't see Jim and Pam really "getting-together"-getting-together come next season. I suspect they will be resuming a strong friendship rather than becoming a genuine couple, or the writers will otherwise develop that very slowly. And I suspect Karen will still be in the picture in some regard to that.

Why, you ask? Because I think in the end the "reality" of a romance between two hyper-ideally matched characters as Jim and Pam just wouldn't nearly be as compelling as the ongoing anticipation of what "could be" if only they would finally get together. The writers and producers know that, and I'm sure they are saving that payoff for the eventual finale of the show.
I would like to see them get together then wait till the end of the series, I think they could do alot if they got together early.

i liked Pam finally saying something to Karen, and liked seeing Karen getting pissed and calling her a bitch.
Old 05-17-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice to see Pam really take charge of screwing around with Dwight... looks like she really was prepared for life without Jim. She did turn a little wishy washy again at the end though... "I'm not gay."

The reveal with Ryan was just about perfect. Maybe not the most realistic, but great nonetheless.

And Pam putting the yogurt lid in Jim's folder was a nice little throwback to Office Olympics.
Old 05-17-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And Pam putting the yogurt lid in Jim's folder was a nice little throwback to Office Olympics.
Well, shit. I didn't even realize that's what it was. I thought the note was sweet, but thought, "why did Pam give him one of those chocolates wrapped in gold foil?"
Old 05-17-07, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
"Love is a mystery."

Great season finale.

Creed likes 'em au natural.

The whole ep. was comedic genius, from the look on Michael's face when Dwight starting crying to "cruise control."

Best comedy on TV.
Old 05-17-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Even though it was very predictable (particularly Jim bursting in during the interview), I thought the Jim/Pam thing was handled well. Nice to see them put a twist on the big Tim/Dawn moment. My favorite scenes were Angela plotting the demise of Kelly and Ryan getting the job offer (which I have admit I did not see coming at all).

das
Old 05-17-07, 11:08 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw
"cruise control."
I liked how Michael looked directly at Karen when he mentioned the mooning
Old 05-17-07, 11:11 PM

Isn't Karen (can't remember her real name) doing a pilot that got picked up for next season. Is it FOX?
Old 05-17-07, 11:12 PM

dude I replayed the ryan reaction to accepting the job about 12 times........absolutely hilarious, the look he gives the camera was priceless
Old 05-17-07, 11:12 PM

OMG, I thought that whole shot of Jan leaving was awesome. Jan: "Bye Hunter! Good luck with your band. Don't let them change you!"
Old 05-17-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Awesome finale! I'm so glad that Jim blew off the job and more importantly Jaren!!! I'll be basking in the afterglow of this show until S4 starts up. And last but certainly not least...loved Jan's new breatesses. She is my corporate hottie of the current and probably future millenium.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 05-17-07 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-17-07, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Nice to see them put a twist on the big Tim/Dawn moment.
Are you referring to the note Pam wrote Jim? I'd forgotten about the note Tim wrote to Dawn that made her come back. That was a nice twist. They'll never top the kiss those two had on the UK version though.
Old 05-17-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
And Dwight's first pick for his #2: JACK BAUER!

Awesome.
Old 05-18-07, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by ThePrimeDreamer
Isn't Karen (can't remember her real name) doing a pilot that got picked up for next season. Is it FOX?
I had heard that she was leaving so I figured she would've gotten the corporate job. I assume now that she'll probably just quit. But I hope she stays on a few episodes to conflict with Jim and Pam.
Old 05-18-07, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by maingon
I would like to see them get together then wait till the end of the series, I think they could do alot if they got together early.
Perhaps, but I think the risk of losing the momentum of the whole "will they/won't they" dynamic of the Jim/Pam storyline is too great if they really do hook up that soon.

I'm not sure where the writers could really go with the storyline that might not piss off the show's fans. If Jim and Pam just end up having the storybook romance for which they seem destined, they would quickly become dry and boring. On the other hand, if they get together and have the typical conflicts that realistically arise from office romances, that might leave the bad aftertaste of too much drama overshadowing the comedy of the show, and could well turn everyone off on the two most relatable characters on the show.

I'm not saying it would be impossible to do it successfully. But it would also be tough not to screw up the good chemistry of the show, and possibly ruin a big part of why people tune in every week.
Old 05-18-07, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, her sitcom did get picked up by FOX. However, i'm sure it'll be quickly cancelled. I mean, it's Fox. How often do their new sitcoms last. And it's another show with a title like "The Rules of...."
Old 05-18-07, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's your GIF for this episode:

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 05-18-07 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-18-07, 01:20 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm sure the writers will let Jim and Pam's relationship grow and allow their first kiss to fall conveniently during November sweeps.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.