Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office "The Job" Season Finale 05/17/07

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I think Pam is hot also, and pretty darn funny. Not the physical humor a la Dwight or the craziness of Michael, but hers is much more subtle and very funny at times. Sometimes just a little look she gives is funny stuff.
Old 06-13-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Liked the episode but I still don't understand what the draw is for Jenna Fischer, who's not attractive. That, and the Pam character isn't even that funny. Granted, I've only seen the show this season but I don't understand why she's liked that much.

shes beautiful.
Old 06-13-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdollaz
I think Pam is hot also, and pretty darn funny. Not the physical humor a la Dwight or the craziness of Michael, but hers is much more subtle and very funny at times. Sometimes just a little look she gives is funny stuff.
I think the picture posted above proves she's smokin at least in my opinion.

Jenna is very attractive but they dress her down a lot for the show. The Office went for realism in a way. Obviously nobody acts like Michael and Dwight but beyond that the creators tried to capture the office lifestyle somewhat. That said, most offices don't have receptionists that are as attractive as Jenna. Same goes for Angela. The actress that plays Angela is very attractive in real life, but she looks ordinary on the show.
Old 06-21-07, 04:12 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20070621tbs01

[06.21.07 - 01:38 PM]
EMMY® AND GOLDEN GLOBE®-WINNING SITCOM THE OFFICE TO JOIN TBS LINE-UP
Released by TBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmy and Golden Globe-Winning Sitcom THE OFFICE to Join TBS Line-Up

Top-Rated Series from NBC Universal To Be Repurposed on TBS Beginning in Fall 2007

One of the funniest workplaces in television history is coming to TBS when the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning series THE OFFICE joins the network's line-up in Fall 2007, according to an announcement today by Ken Schwab, senior vice president of programming for TBS and sister network TNT. TBS's deal for the series, which stars Steve Carrell (Evan Almighty, The 40-Year-Old Virgin), includes non-exclusive broadband streaming, on-demand and wireless rights to run concurrent with the off-network telecast rights, which will begin in Fall 2009. Jonathan Katz, senior vice president of program planning and acquisitions for Turner Entertainment Group, negotiated the deal on behalf of Turner Broadcasting with Frances Manfredi, senior vice president/general sales manager, Cable & Non-Theatrical Sales, NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution.

"THE OFFICE is not only a top-notch sitcom, but also one of the most relatable comedies on television," said Schwab. "Anyone who has ever worked for a completely clueless boss, had an inner-office romance or simply worked among an odd assortment of coworkers will immediately get the offbeat humor in this series. It's a wonderful addition to our line-up, and we're thrilled to bring it to our audience of comedy lovers."

The 2006 Emmy winner for Outstanding Comedy Series, THE OFFICE is a documentary-style look into the humorous and sometimes poignant foolishness that plagues the 9-to-5 world. It delves into the lives of the workers at Dunder Mifflin paper supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Regional manager Michael Scott (Golden Globe winner and Emmy nominee Carell) is a single, middle-aged man who is the boastful tour guide for the documentary. With unshaken enthusiasm, he believes he is the office funnyman, a fountain of business wisdom and his employees' cool friend. He has no clue that his employees tolerate his inappropriate behavior only because he signs their paychecks.

Michael's staff includes Pam Beesly (Jenna Fischer, Slither), the friendly office receptionist who bears the brunt of his routines; Jim Halpert (John Krasinski, Jarhead, Kinsey), a likable sales rep with a good sense of humor who should have found a better job years ago; Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson, Six Feet Under), the arrogant assistant to the regional manager; and Ryan Howard (B.J. Novak, Punk'd), a young, smart, self-possessed temp, who quickly figures out the real office politics.

In addition to its 2006 Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series and Golden Globe for lead Carrell, THE OFFICE has earned four Emmy nominations, a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy Series, two Television Critics Association Awards and two Writers Guild of America Awards. THE OFFICE, from Reveille and Universal Media Studio, is executive-produced by Ben Silverman; Greg Daniels, who developed the series for American audiences; Ricky Gervais, who starred in the British version of the series; Stephen Merchant; and Howard Klein.

TBS, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is television's "very funny" network. It serves as home to such hot contemporary comedies as Sex and the City, Everybody Loves Raymond, Family Guy, King of Queens, Seinfeld and Friends; original comedy series like My Boys, The Bill Engvall Show, 10 Items or Less and Frank TV (working title); first-run series like Tyler Perry's House of Payne; specials and special events, such as Funniest Commercials of the Year and The Comedy Festival in Las Vegas; blockbuster movies; and hosted movie showcases.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a TimeWarner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming to the basic cable industry.

Chris
Old 06-21-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Comedy Central had to bow out of the bidding because they know they have to pay through the nose to keep Stewart and Colbert. I bet they lose one.
Old 06-26-07, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Liked the episode but I still don't understand what the draw is for Jenna Fischer, who's not attractive. That, and the Pam character isn't even that funny. Granted, I've only seen the show this season but I don't understand why she's liked that much.
Pam gained her popularity the first two seasons, when she was the object of Jim's affections. She spent this season pining for Jim, so it was a reversal. And she's cute. I wouldn't say she's smokin' hot, but she is cute.

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Comedy Central had to bow out of the bidding because they know they have to pay through the nose to keep Stewart and Colbert. I bet they lose one.
Apparently, Stewart is being wooed for Late Night as Conan's replacement. Or so I read...

-ringding-