Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Office "The Job" Season Finale 05/17/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office "The Job" Season Finale 05/17/07

Old 06-03-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm hoping that Jenna can still participate in the commentaries as well (like she did for season 2). Get well soon Jenna!
Old 06-07-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Not sure if it has been posted, but there was a new Schrute Space update on May 10.
Old 06-11-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Office Halloween Trailer Recut (pretty well done)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1qEckOkP8
Old 06-11-07, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by maingon
The Office Halloween Trailer Recut (pretty well done)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1qEckOkP8
That was great, thanks for sharing it. Going have to save that one.
Here's another well done Office tribute video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8WUcnsIBT0
Old 06-11-07, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Looks like the temp Ryan (B.J. Novak) IS the new boss replacing Jan.

Ben Silverman doesn’t handle his stress too well. “I lost six pounds in a week, dealing with this,” the already-skinny executive producer of The Office and Ugly Betty says backstage at the Peabody Awards. Less than a month ago during the upfronts, he met with NBC Universal president and CEO Jeff Zucker and mentioned he was thinking of leaving Reveille, the production company he’d founded. In short order, Zucker fired NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reilly—who’d just signed a three-year contract in February—and named Silverman co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and NBC Universal Television Studio.

Now Silverman’s summer’s been turned upside down. “I’ll be in Burbank—where August is great!” he says. He doesn’t have an office yet but he’s already having to learn the company line while trying to extricate himself from most of the shows he had day-to-day stewardship of. He’ll have to step away from Ugly Betty, since it’s on ABC. But he gets to stay involved with The Office as part of his deal: “I wouldn’t have gone to another network because I would have had to give up that baby.”

So far his schtick about pulling NBC out of fourth place is refreshingly unpracticed. He gives an impassioned speech about how he’ll get viewers to tune in on Friday nights, but pokes fun at a reporter who says he stays in: “I’m not home on a Friday, buddy.” He admits he hasn’t had time to watch all of NBC’s fall shows. “But I loved Journeyman,” he says, “and found the male lead … name is …”—a publicist whispers, “Kevin McKidd”—“…Kevin McKidd to be extraordinary.” And when someone mentions she loves Friday Night Lights, he says, “Great! Can you multiply yourself by a million? Or better yet, ten million?” He says one of the first things he did upon getting the job was to call Donald Trump to see about fixing The Apprentice, which wasn’t on the fall lineup. What about recruiting Freaks and Geeks creator Paul Fieg and Knocked Up director Judd Apatow? “Don’t think that those e-mails have not gone out already,” he says. As the room clears out, B. J. Novak, who plays Ryan Howard, the newly made boss on The Office, says he’s going to base his character on Silverman. “I want to do for Ben what Piven does for Ari Emanuel,” he says. “I’ve been studying his mannerisms: huge enthusiasm, and then he’ll slip in an incredible knowledge of specifics, way deep into a lot of complicated handshakes and backslapping.”
Old 06-11-07, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just in case it wasn't obvious enough during the episode.
Old 06-11-07, 09:34 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopower
Just in case it wasn't obvious enough during the episode.
Well, it really wasn't. Many here and at other forums speculated that it was him accepting another job somewhere else. It was never really THAT clear as it was a phone conversation and was a Season Finale.
Old 06-11-07, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was obvious to me.

Old 06-11-07, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by MWB
It was obvious to me.

yup it was
Old 06-12-07, 12:12 PM

what the hell is this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281040,00.html

"The Office' Spin-Off in the Works?

Is Dwight Schrute about to have his own TV series? That’s the buzz at NBC, where new head of programming Ben Silverman could be thinking about a spin-off from the hit sitcom "The Office."

Silverman is the man who brought "The Office" to NBC from its original Ricky Gervais premise in the U.K., so the notion of a spin-off isn’t that far-fetched.

When I ran into Rainn Wilson, the actor who plays Dwight on the show, at Sunday night’s post-Tony party, he actually brought up the idea, then seemed a little surprised he’d said it out loud.

But Dwight is to "The Office" what Frasier once was to "Cheers," so the idea isn’t that preposterous.

And Silverman is charged with quickly turning things around at ratings-deprived NBC. Putting Dwight into a new office setting isn’t such a bad idea. After all, the Gervais concept seems almost limitless in its appeal and further expansion."

this is a bad idea. I dont think its true at all though. I just dont see how that would work.
Old 06-12-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Dwight character needs the Jim and Michael characters.
Old 06-12-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

idiotic if it happens
Old 06-12-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No way that's happening, Upfronts are already over.
Old 06-12-07, 02:08 PM

Terrible idea. At least as long as The Office is on the air. The Frasier comparison is dumb since he didn't get a spinoff until after Cheers was done.
Old 06-12-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
As much as I love Dwight, he is just below Jack Bauer in my book, he needs Jim & Michael.
Old 06-12-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Dwight show would be as worthless as The Office would be without Dwight.
Old 06-12-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it would be interesting to see a show where Dwight is the manager but I wonder how long it could stay interesting.
Old 06-12-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have these network execs forgotten the abomination that was 'Joey' so easily? Worst... idea... ever.
Old 06-12-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tofu
I think it would be interesting to see a show where Dwight is the manager but I wonder how long it could stay interesting.
I can give you the BBC answer to that question.
Old 06-12-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by tofu
The reason he is so funny is that he doesn't really have the power that he thinks he does. Give him the power and I'm not sure it would work.
Old 06-13-07, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Liked the episode but I still don't understand what the draw is for Jenna Fischer, who's not attractive. That, and the Pam character isn't even that funny. Granted, I've only seen the show this season but I don't understand why she's liked that much.
Old 06-13-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anybody agree with that statement in the article about how Dwight is to The Office what Frasier was to Cheers?

I'd almost say Dwight is more of a "Cliff".
Old 06-13-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What would be the point of taking Dwight off a show that has great characters that have a lot of on screen chemistry and putting him with totally different characters? It would be one thing if Dwight was the ONLY thing The Office had going for it, but the fact remains that it's a great show but no single character is interesting enough to have an entire show to themselves. The show works well as is.

I mean what would they do...give Dwight his own show and then cast a sarcastic guy to be his foil and a weird girl to be his love interest? Last I checked Jim and Angela fit those descriptions perfectly so why bother trying to change it?
Old 06-13-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Liked the episode but I still don't understand what the draw is for Jenna Fischer, who's not attractive. That, and the Pam character isn't even that funny. Granted, I've only seen the show this season but I don't understand why she's liked that much.
LIES!

A beautiful smile, and those girl next door good looks. I think she's stunning!

Of course, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, so to each his/her own.

Agreed with the comments about a Dwight show. His appeal is the interaction with all the other characters on the show. To spin him off would be bad news for both shows.
Old 06-13-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Does anybody agree with that statement in the article about how Dwight is to The Office what Frasier was to Cheers?

I'd almost say Dwight is more of a "Cliff".
He's the office idiot so I'd say a "Woody".. unless that is Michael. Hell, they're both Woodys.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.