DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They've got a lot to wrap up in 2 hours:

1) The fate of Josh Bauer.
2) The fate of Cheng Zhi.
3) The fate of Phillip Bauer.
4) The fate of Wayne Palmer.
5) The fate of Lisa Miller.
6) The fate of Bill Buchanan(and his marriage to Karen Hayes).
7) The fate of Charles Logan.
8) The fate of Noah Daniels(will he resign?).
9) The identity of the person speaking to Jack at the end.
Old 05-14-07, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
They've got a lot to wrap up in 2 hours:

1) The fate of Josh Bauer.
2) The fate of Cheng Zhi.
3) The fate of Phillip Bauer.
4) The fate of Wayne Palmer.
5) The fate of Lisa Miller.
6) The fate of Bill Buchanan(and his marriage to Karen Hayes).
7) The fate of Charles Logan.
8) The fate of Noah Daniels(will he resign?).
9) The identity of the person speaking to Jack at the end.
Not necessarily. They've long given up on the promise to have everything wrapped up in one season and have no cliffhangers. Not to mention the fact that they never wrap everything up, there's something left hanging or just ignored because the writers got bored with it (like Jack kicking his drug addiction cold turkey in 4 or 5 hours).

I'd say that we're all but guaranteed to know where Phillip and Josh will be at the end of the season, and there's a good possibility that Cheng will be back to harass Jack again. Everything else will probably remain a mystery to carry over to next season or will just be forgotten.
Old 05-14-07, 11:41 PM

I wish I didn't go into every new ep of this season thinking, "Maybe it WON'T suck tonight!" As opposed to last year, where I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.

Unfortunately, this was another time-wasting hour. The people I watched tonight's installment with and I just ended up making fun of the show the whole time, which never used to happen until this "Day".

It's literally amazing how they've managed to rehash EVERY single plot from the first 5 years. Since this hour had nothing new or even vaguely exciting, I am forced to spend the next week wondering if the final 2 hours will actually be decent.

I don't care anymore about this show and am finishing the season purely out of commitment to seeing how it ends. I never could have imagined that this show would go from awesome (season 5) to awful (season 6).
Old 05-15-07, 12:02 AM

this show is fucking terrible. i dont even like jacks character anymore
Old 05-15-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, at least something happened tonight, although I must admit I wish they wouldn't focus on all this lame stuff with Jack and would get back to our lovable Desperate Counter-terrorists. Will Morris and Chloe's relationship survive? Can Bill accept Karen's decision? And will Brenda forgive Dylan for having an affair with Kelly while she was in Paris?

das
Old 05-15-07, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And why is Steve dancing on the next channel over?
Old 05-15-07, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I think I'm switching over to Heroes next season.
Old 05-15-07, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually thought this was a pretty decent episode. There was quite a bit of action and a few really intense scenes (I didn't think the spy would nearly strangle the girl to death). The ending was kinda lame and predictable, but still for most of the hour it was pretty good.

I agree that the "let's set up a perimiter line" is turning into the new "damn it" or "there's no time." Maybe we can get all three in the season finale.
Old 05-15-07, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
thank god only 2 hours left.

this is easily the worst season.
Old 05-15-07, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by musick
CTU set up another perimeter tonight....
this may be a record # this season
Has a single CTU perimeter actually ever worked?
Old 05-15-07, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bill Buchanan is such a worthless character and the actor is horrible.
Old 05-15-07, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 947 Likes on 668 Posts
Originally Posted by Terps54423
Problem is, some of the cool scenes we're having right now don't translate into the show being "good"...the storyline is still shit, there's just some nice Bauer action masquerading it temporarily. Despite the violence, kills, strategy, etc...we're still chasing a bunch of Chinese guys who walked through a sewer and easily got into CTU to kidnap Jack's long lost son who is being sought by his granddaddy who wanted him dead earlier in the day, all in exchange for doing work on a ridiculous plotline like this component which for some reason, despite being an outdated piece of equipment, still contains the key to the Russian defensive strategies even though the Russians sold these off to terrorists.

And that was the longest sentence I ever typed.
Exactly. It was a pretty decent episode, but only because of the action, not the rehashed contrived plot that led up to it or the characters involved. And wow, Lisa attacking her bad-boy lover. Didn't see that one coming from a mile away season one. yawn.

The show is simply a bad train wreck right now. You just can't turn away. It is no longer, "I can't wait to see what they pull next" it's "I can't wait to see what they fuck up next."

at the perimeter. I thought the same thing. Yea! Another one! "Setting a perimeter" is the new "opening a socket."
Old 05-15-07, 08:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Josh "Butterfingers" Bauer is this season's Kim. Which means next season he'll have a job at CTU for some reason.
Old 05-15-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I liked the episode. Nice to see Jack shoot people again.
Old 05-15-07, 09:00 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jossssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I felt like I was watching The Blair Witch Project again.
Old 05-15-07, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sniff, sniff. The Jack I know would have told the stupid kid to hang on for 30 seconds while he handcuffed Cheng to the rail. You've changed, man.
Old 05-15-07, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
The show is simply a bad train wreck right now.
Now there's an interesting plotline for 24 to introduce. Have a bad train wreck.

Oh wait...they did that one already too!
Old 05-15-07, 09:14 AM
Banned

Ok I have a question....If CTU was under lockdown how the hell did Doyle and his boys get in so fast? I know the bad guys just dug a hole under CTU to get in but doesn't lock down mean no one gets in or out?
Old 05-15-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Let's see: Jack's got to make his move against a bunch of heavily-armed terrorists, so who does he pick to help him overtake them? Why, Nadia of course, waify little Nadia who must weigh all of 100 lbs. at most. PUUUHHHLLEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE....

All I really wanted was to see Jack kill Chang in dramatic fashion up on that roof, the guy who tortured him for 2 years and kidnapped and tortured Audrey, but alas Josh was hanging onto a chain. Sums up this whole season for me.
Old 05-15-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
"Setting a perimeter" is the new "opening a socket."
Reverse the polarity! Realign the warp core!
Old 05-15-07, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Josh "Butterfingers" Bauer is this season's Kim. Which means next season he'll have a job at CTU for some reason.
Didn't Josh realize that he was not going to be harmed by Cheng? When he was talking to his grandpa, he knew he was going to be protected and be taken to China. Josh simply could've "tripped" while he was pushed by Cheng to run faster. That would've allowed his uncle/dad, Jack, to catch up to them sooner. Then we could've seen what Jack does best: capture/torture/kill Cheng. Or used to do best.
Old 05-15-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
Didn't Josh realize that he was not going to be harmed by Cheng? When he was talking to his grandpa, he knew he was going to be protected and be taken to China. Josh simply could've "tripped" while he was pushed by Cheng to run faster. That would've allowed his uncle/dad, Jack, to catch up to them sooner. Then we could've seen what Jack does best: capture/torture/kill Cheng. Or used to do best.
i was wondering myself why on earth josh was running up the stairs - in FRONT of cheng, no less..

oh, and i loved the russian prez's deadline of..... 2 hours. GO FIGURE!
Old 05-15-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Uncle Jack.
Old 05-15-07, 12:24 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Once you've gone nuke, what's left to do but puke.
Old 05-15-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,923 Likes on 2,799 Posts
Glad it's winding down. I think the writers created an absolute mess of a storyline this season. The Phillip Bauer wanting to kidnap Josh Bauer and bring him to China thing is one of the worst storylines the 24 writers have ever come up with. I feel like I'm watching a bad episode of Dynasty or Dallas.

There was some pretty good action scenes, but even then that can't make up for the unfocused writing. I'm just glad it's over soon and maybe the writers can look at themselves in their war room this summer and say..."Damn, we fucked up this season!"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.