Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 3:00AM - 4:00AM" -- 05/14/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 3:00AM - 4:00AM" -- 05/14/07

Old 05-15-07, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, perhaps I missed something in Daddy Bauer's request from the White House, but I didn't hear anything about a request for Josh. So, wasn't Doyle up and taking Josh in a black helicopter kind of weird?

And what about the group from "division" that came in while CTU was still trying to recover Comm? Did anyone else find it fishy that they used the "didn't you get the alert on your machine? You better let us in" excuse. Seems to me like these could be some of Daddy Bauer's people.
Old 05-15-07, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meteu185
And what about the group from "division" that came in while CTU was still trying to recover Comm? Did anyone else find it fishy that they used the "didn't you get the alert on your machine? You better let us in" excuse. Seems to me like these could be some of Daddy Bauer's people.
moles in CTU? that's outlandish crazy talk that is.
Old 05-15-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 887 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Meteu185
That part bugged me as well. He's going to come in and bitch about security holes in CTU and blame the person that was just put in charge 2 hours prior at 1 in the morning?
Old 05-15-07, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 749 Likes on 488 Posts
Wow, pretty telling that the second to last week for 24 and this thread is only up to three pages. It's usually almost twice that in the same amount of time. But it just goes to show you how many people are obviously disillusioned by the show right now. I'm not giving up on the show, though. I think the nature of the show means that it might have an off season now and then. Get the right story, and next season could be gold again. Here's hoping for that. And let's also hope for a good launchpad from the season finale.
Old 05-15-07, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mkdevo
i was wondering myself why on earth josh was running up the stairs - in FRONT of cheng, no less..

oh, and i loved the russian prez's deadline of..... 2 hours. GO FIGURE!
yep both of those stood out (and not for the good)
Old 05-15-07, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I feel like I'm watching a bad episode of Dynasty or Dallas.

Yeah - in the last minute of the season (5:59 am), Teri Bauer will walk in the bathroom and find Jack in the shower and say "I just had a crazy dream!"

Last edited by Robertwoj; 05-15-07 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-15-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
Wow, pretty telling that the second to last week for 24 and this thread is only up to three pages. It's usually almost twice that in the same amount of time.
Hell, I remember when we'd have this sucker up to 4 or 5 pages before the show was even over.
Old 05-15-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did Jack get shot at all this episode? My dad was arguing with me earlier that he got hit or grazed on his side from of the Chinese in CTU, bit I ddin't see it.
Old 05-15-07, 10:19 PM

He took at least one to a vest.
Old 05-16-07, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mr. Sutherland makes me cry.
Old 05-16-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 312 Likes on 233 Posts
Unlike most of Season 6, I thought this was a pretty kick-ass episode. It's a shame we couldn't have a whole season of President Noah instead of all the wasted time with Wayne Palmer. I think we all would have liked the season better if it had been more like the last several shows (Noah in the White House; Jack vs. The Chinese).

Oddly, the previews for the finale didn't look that hot...although I'm anxious to see
Spoiler:
Who the "long thought gone" character who picks up Jack in his car is going to be
Old 05-16-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 239 Posts
I *still* wish Fox had been able to cast Donald Sutherland as Evil Daddy Bauer instead of James Cromwell. It's not a knock on Cromwell, just that I'd've preferred the novelty of having Keifer and Donald act together on this show.

I also wish that the 2nd interrogator in "Intersections in Real Time" had been portrayed by Pactrick McGoohan, but that's a different show altogether.
Old 05-16-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,451 Likes on 2,483 Posts
So Eric Balfour gets killed off and his CBS pilot doesn't get picked up. Looks like he made a bad move. On the other hand, Finally a full TV season without Balfour!!!
Old 05-16-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
So Eric Balfour gets killed off and his CBS pilot doesn't get picked up. Looks like he made a bad move. On the other hand, Finally a full TV season without Balfour!!!
Damn, he really is a jinx on a new series(his 10-minute cameo on Buffy notwithstanding). That's 2 shows he's done that never aired. The CBS pilot and Fearless from a few years ago.
Old 05-16-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole situation but can someone please explain to me the following: Why in the hell is the Russian president threatening to attack American airbases? I thought America's army/airforce/etc. would wipe them out in a blink of an eye.

OR.... if that doesn't work, why not just send Jack to Moscow to take out Suvarov?
Old 05-16-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 887 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by huzefa
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole situation but can someone please explain to me the following: Why in the hell is the Russian president threatening to attack American airbases? I thought America's army/airforce/etc. would wipe them out in a blink of an eye.

OR.... if that doesn't work, why not just send Jack to Moscow to take out Suvarov?
That is still unclear. It makes no sense whatsoever. If that chip holds the entire Russian defense strategy on it, how would it benefit them by going to war? They would get wiped out by anyone with access to the chip.

Or you can take the occum's razor route and just explain it with two words. Season Six. Everything has been preposterous this season. Why would this be any different?
Old 05-16-07, 08:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by huzefa
You're not thinking this through 24-ically.

If the Chinese have free access to the Russian defense mainframe, then Russia has to protect itself by starting a war with the United States and not have the manpower to do anything about China!
Old 05-16-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Legolas
You're not thinking this through 24-ically.

If the Chinese have free access to the Russian defense mainframe, then Russia has to protect itself by starting a war with the United States and not have the manpower to do anything about China!
If 24 wasn't created by a hard-core conservative, I'd almost say it was a metaphor about attacking Iraq in response to the Afghanistan-based Taliban attacking us.

Damn liberal media!
Old 05-17-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a terrible episode.

I'm still confused, though. Why does "24" refer to China by name? Shouldn't they call it "the country Cheng is from" or "one of the nations in the fareast"?
Old 05-17-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's be honest, this series has sucked for the majority of it's run. At first it was cool, new, and not a parody of itself. Then for whatever reason the produces/writers, whatever, decided they had to go bigger, with bigger threats.

Let's not forget more personal angst for Jack each season. Wife dead, check. Daughter kidnapped, check. Daughter almost killed by cougar, check. Girlfriend kidnapped check. Girlfriend, freaking nuts, check. Brother a bad guy, check. Father a bad guy, check. His entire fucking family is crazy. I fully expect his grandma to be a terrorist next season.

Then there is CTU. How the fuck does every season have CTU compromised? Moles almost every season, last season a gas attack, this season a Chinese takeover. Where's the CTU that's needed for CTU? I've seen malls with better security.

Last season a nuke attack averted. This season a nuke goes off. Next season an alien invasion with machines traveling through LA and other large metropolitan areas chewing up humans for fuel. Guest starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as federal agents helping Jack and explaining that there is indeed time thanks to a nifty time traveling devise.

My wife gave up a few seasons ago and doesn't watch anymore. Meanwhile, for whatever reason, I still stick with it like a crack addict hoping that maybe, just maybe it will get better.
Old 05-17-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 239 Posts
As far as the Russian military move goes, President Subarov explained it in his last teleconference with the VP - but it went by pretty fast and folks probably missed it. The Russkies claim that if China gets the chip and the "double secret" code thingy that can weaken/compromise the Russian defense dudes, they have to extend their defensive perimeter outward significantly to compensate by providing a buffer between the barbarians and the Rodina.

Think of it this way. The Russians are worried that a thief may have a copy of their house key. Until they can re-key the locks, they have to put guards OUTSIDE their house to keep thieves away while they're vulnerable. Only in this case, going "outside" means they have to cross borders.
Old 05-17-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
As far as the Russian military move goes, President Subarov explained it in his last teleconference with the VP - but it went by pretty fast and folks probably missed it. The Russkies claim that if China gets the chip and the "double secret" code thingy that can weaken/compromise the Russian defense dudes, they have to extend their defensive perimeter outward significantly to compensate by providing a buffer between the barbarians and the Rodina.

Think of it this way. The Russians are worried that a thief may have a copy of their house key. Until they can re-key the locks, they have to put guards OUTSIDE their house to keep thieves away while they're vulnerable. Only in this case, going "outside" means they have to cross borders.
No, I think we all caught that. To use your analogy of having to re-key the locks:

Your (Russia) friend (The US) accidentally loses your house key, or has it stolen from him or whatever. He's at your house when you find out. He offers to help you keep an eye on the house until you can re-key the locks. It's his fault that your key is lost, but he didn't do it out of malice towards you. Instead of worrying about the person that stole your house key (China), you beat the shit out of your friend because he's in your house and for some reason you think that he's a threat.
Old 05-17-07, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
No, I think we all caught that. To use your analogy of having to re-key the locks:

You (Russia) have your friend's (The US) house key, and you keep it on the same keychain as your own keys. You have no concern for your "friend," so you give his house key to a murderer so he can walk on to your friend's property and kill him. Upon walking into the house, the murderer is mauled by your friend's dog and drops the set of keys (which includes your own...uh oh!). When the authorities show up, at some point during the investigation, Your (Russia) friend (The US) accidentally loses your house key, or has it stolen from him or whatever. He's at your house when you find out. He offers to help you keep an eye on the house until you can re-key the locks. It's his fault that your key is lost, but he didn't do it out of malice towards you. Instead of worrying about the person that stole your house key (China), you beat the shit out of your friend because he's in your house and for some reason you think that he's a threat.
Fixed.
Old 05-17-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do u guys remember that scene in Commando where Arnold goes 'shopping' ? I wish they would do something like that with Jack. The producers should embrace the show's inherent hilarity...
Old 05-17-07, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You (Russia) have your friend's (The US) house key, and you keep it on the same keychain as your own keys. You have no concern for your "friend," so you give his house key to a murderer so he can walk on to your friend's property and kill him. Upon walking into the house, the murderer is mauled by your friend's dog and drops the set of keys (which includes your own...uh oh!). When the authorities show up, at some point during the investigation, Your (Russia) friend (The US) accidentally loses your house key, or has it stolen from him or whatever. He's at your house when you find out. He offers to help you keep an eye on the house until you can re-key the locks. It's his fault that your key is lost, but he didn't do it out of malice towards you. Instead of worrying about the person that stole your house key (China), you beat the shit out of your friend because he's in your house and for some reason you think that he's a threat.
At some point in the investigation, everything goes back in time and my scenario happens?

No, you did not "fix" anything. Your imaginary half-scenario didn't happen. The one I described did. All Russia knows is that the US had the circuit board, but it was stolen. Yes, we know that Jack stole it, but all Russia knows is that somehow China got ahold of it.

And what the hell is the whole dog mauling thing?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.