Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 3:00AM - 4:00AM" -- 05/14/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 3:00AM - 4:00AM" -- 05/14/07

Old 05-17-07, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
At some point in the investigation, everything goes back in time and my scenario happens?

No, you did not "fix" anything. Your imaginary half-scenario didn't happen. The one I described did. All Russia knows is that the US had the circuit board, but it was stolen. Yes, we know that Jack stole it, but all Russia knows is that somehow China got ahold of it.

And what the hell is the whole dog mauling thing?
Um, yes it did. I added the first half of the season to your story.

You (Russia) were the one responsible for everything bad that happened, because if you never gave your keychain (the nukes) to the criminal, your friend (the US) never would have been in the situation where they could possibly lose your key.

What Bauer did to America is the same thing that Gredenko did to Subarov. All we should need is the writers to have the President tell Subarov to fuck off. Crisis averted.
Old 05-18-07, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by huzefa
Do u guys remember that scene in Commando where Arnold goes 'shopping' ? I wish they would do something like that with Jack. The producers should embrace the show's inherent hilarity...
I love that scene. Every time I see Commando is on USA, etc. I make sure to watch and make the "chk-chk!" sound effects as he is gearing up
Old 05-18-07, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by lucasorion
I love that scene. Every time I see Commando is on USA, etc. I make sure to watch and make the "chk-chk!" sound effects as he is gearing up
Watching Jack stock up on man-purses would rock.
Old 05-18-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And if Season 7 doesn't pan out, maybe CTU can loan Jack to Dunder-Mifflin for a few episodes... we can finally find out who the flasher is....
Old 05-19-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Terps54423
You (Russia) were the one responsible for everything bad that happened, because if you never gave your keychain (the nukes) to the criminal, your friend (the US) never would have been in the situation where they could possibly lose your key.
So what you're saying is that it's Russia's fault because the people they hired to decomission the nukes stole them instead?
Old 05-19-07, 10:50 AM

Yes.

And it's also their fault that since these components are important enough to cripple your entire defense system, and they are easily taken out of the nukes, that Russia themselves didn't pop them out of the case before sending them away. Come fucking on.
Old 05-19-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So by your logic if your mom's washing machine breaks down and she calls a repair company to take care of it, and the guy that comes out to her house kills her, it's her fault. Good call.
Old 05-19-07, 11:58 AM

So by your logic if your mom's washing machine breaks down and she calls a repair company to take care of it, and the guy that comes out to her house kills her, it's her fault. Good call.
No. But if she put her life savings inside the washing machine, and the repair guy steals it, then it's her fault.

Keep going though, this is fun with your interesting logic. Do you write for 24?
Old 05-19-07, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Terps54423
No. But if she put her life savings inside the washing machine, and the repair guy steals it, then it's her fault.

Keep going though, this is fun with your interesting logic. Do you write for 24?
Well I'm glad you're so easily amused. I love your "blame the victim" mentality, I'm sure it makes you many friends. Funny about the "writing for 24" comment, seeing as your poor logic had me wondering the same about you.

I can see how putting your life's savings inside a washing machine is just like using necessary circuitry in a device that got stolen. You must be Howard Gordon using a sockpuppet.
Old 05-19-07, 09:17 PM

Can you please stop calling Russia a victim? Did I imagine the episodes where it was a bunch of Russian guys that were getting the nukes into the hands of Fayed and co?

The Russians are holding the US accountable for an American stealing the component. And yet there is no accountability when it comes to how the only reason that the component was available to the American agent is because Russians got those weapons into the hands of terrorists first.
Old 05-20-07, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so watching s1-5 season finales tonight on a&e made me remember how great 24 used to be.
Old 05-20-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by phantom_azazel
so watching s1-5 season finales tonight on a&e made me remember how great 24 used to be.
Ditto.
Old 05-21-07, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I started laughing when the guy came in to take over CTU. It was like a Naked Gun moment.
Hillarious!
Old 05-21-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I'm glad you're so easily amused. I love your "blame the victim" mentality, I'm sure it makes you many friends. Funny about the "writing for 24" comment, seeing as your poor logic had me wondering the same about you.

I can see how putting your life's savings inside a washing machine is just like using necessary circuitry in a device that got stolen. You must be Howard Gordon using a sockpuppet.
You're both taking this far too seriously. Can't we all agree that the rationale, no matter what it is, sucks?