Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race All Stars -- "The Way You Look, Yeah" -- 04/08/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-07, 11:31 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone else notice that they must have had at least a 24 hour pitstop before this leg? They finished the previous leg at night and left to start this one at night. Also, when the first team left Phil didn't say "They arrived at 9:28 AM, so they'll leave at 9:28 PM". He just said something like they were the first to arrive so they'd leave at 9:28 PM (or whatever the time was).
Old 04-09-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Didn't notice that but I know that they occasionally have >12 hour pitstops because of production issues.
Old 04-09-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jim
Did anyone else notice that they must have had at least a 24 hour pitstop before this leg? They finished the previous leg at night and left to start this one at night. Also, when the first team left Phil didn't say "They arrived at 9:28 AM, so they'll leave at 9:28 PM". He just said something like they were the first to arrive so they'd leave at 9:28 PM (or whatever the time was).
I read somewhere that the race isnt always non stop. They have mandatory rest periods for the racers and the crew.
Old 04-09-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Danielle

Old 04-09-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always wonder when do they use the bathroom? Or eat? I am surprised you never see racers argue with each other because one person really needs to stop.
Old 04-09-07, 11:46 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think they usually hide the long pitstops better by having 36 hour stops.
Old 04-09-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim
Lest anyone think that Danny and Oswald don't do anything underhanded, check out Ian's Elimination Station rant about them. It was like he was talking about a different team than the edit that we get.
Teri and Ian have both made a point to repeatedly apologize to D/O for that in interviews after the race. They were wrong about something; it was a ticket agent screw up.
Old 04-09-07, 12:00 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
yes I think normally longer ones are 36 hours, this was 24 hours. I'm happy U&J are gone. I didn't want double winners of the race.

Who does the cookie one? who does it? idiots!!!!
Old 04-09-07, 12:13 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Teri and Ian have both made a point to repeatedly apologize to D/O for that in interviews after the race. They were wrong about something; it was a ticket agent screw up.
Interesting. I haven't seen those interviews.
Old 04-09-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
yes I think normally longer ones are 36 hours, this was 24 hours. I'm happy U&J are gone. I didn't want double winners of the race.

Who does the cookie one? who does it? idiots!!!!
I was screaming at the TV. Those needle in a haystack ones usually take forever, and the one where they say you need precision and skill, you usually dont. Replicating that design was 1000 times easier, and so was the fish puzzle from a couple weeks ago. Who signs up to bite into 600 BOXES of cookies. Danielle and Eric actually got lucky, but the rest were screwed. That actually cost Mirna & Schmrina first place. And to not use a yield? I have more respect for the blondes who said if they went home because they didnt use it, they would never forgive themselves, then those hyprocrites who claim they want to play fair and not yield.
Old 04-09-07, 12:39 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Those boxes of cookies looked like they had a couple of dozen cookies each which would mean you had to find 1 cookie out 14,400. There were probably 10,000 cookies at a minimum. E&D got very lucky.
Old 04-09-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMark
U/J were stupid to take such a risk by taking the flight with a tight connection, especially out of a large, busy airport like Frankfurt. After Uchenna's pep talk to Charla and Mirna and his "history lesson" about slavery to the BQ's on the boat a couple episodes ago, I won't miss them. Only something like this would have made their elimination better:
Well, it did make some sense as Frankfurt is a relatively large airport so if they do miss their flight, it is somewhat possible to get another flight out of the airport and connect to Kuala Lumpur somehow. It's a risk for sure which they never rocovered. Plus, U+J are the ultimate team in hitting last for a non-elimination leg so they had that going for them. I am not sure how Mirna and Charla are still in this race but they did navigate well at the airports.

Edit: I agree on the cookies. If there were more than one box that had the one cookie, I would try it but one cookie in a minimum of six hundred boxes is way too time consuming.

Last edited by chowderhead; 04-09-07 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-09-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by chowderhead
Plus, U+J are the ultimate team in hitting last for a non-elimination leg so they had that going for them.
Team TTOW (hippies, BJ and Tyler) were the same way. they were last like 2 or 3 times, all in non-elims.
Old 04-09-07, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Meanwhile the Bimbos -- er the Blondes were idiots to Yield D & E when U & J were so far behind that there was no way a Yield was going to make any difference. Yielding someone = bad karma. I suspect that some sort of karmic payback is in store for the Yield Queens.

The BQs had no idea where U&J were...last they knew they were trying for an earlier filght. Yielding someone = playing the game. Not sure why people get some pissy over teams using the yield...christ if I was playing for a million bucks I'd sure as hell use it.
Old 04-09-07, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
It was stupid to use the yield at that point. Not only is there another one coming, meaning E/D are probably going to yield them back, but they likely can tell by looking at the pictures that only one team had gotten there before them so it wasn't really necessary.
I'm pretty sure this was the 2nd of only 2 yields during the race. Can't recall there ever being 3 yields in a race, and have another in the final 4 would be pretty stupid on CBS' part.
Old 04-09-07, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Spoiler:
Haven't we used them up? Two so far. Two or three per season?

Spoiler:
With 4 teams left and the finale on May 6th, there has to be another non-elim and a to be continued episode it seems.
Old 04-09-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Silt
I'm pretty sure this was the 2nd of only 2 yields during the race. Can't recall there ever being 3 yields in a race, and have another in the final 4 would be pretty stupid on CBS' part.
Are you sure? I thought this was the first.
Old 04-09-07, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Are you sure? I thought this was the first.

I thought there was one early on when Amber/Rob was still in it.
Old 04-09-07, 02:13 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The CBS website says that was the first of 2 Yields.
Old 04-09-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I swear if there was couple that mooned other contestants regularly some of you guys would think they were best racers ever! Always treated this show more about journey then shockjock stuff. U&J were okay, they seemed to really get into places more then others, not that they need win million again. I suppose its more about R&A fans still venting.
Anyway boggle at anyone thinking that cookie challenge was the better choice. And what was up with Danny? Usually delightful team was just as bad as E &D. Which I hope is the last to go.
Old 04-09-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn!
Old 04-09-07, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Struz
Danielle

I think the other woman is much more prettier.

Regarding Charla & Mirna, I could have strangled Mirna after she said they didn't play dirty and this was after they wouldn't let Eric & Danielle use one of the computers. It was obvious that only Mirna was getting anything done on the computer.

Chris
Old 04-09-07, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JM
The clue for the Detour, at least as described by Phil, stated that teams must travel ON FOOT to the cookies/stamps challenge. Mirna and Schmirna took a cab to the cookie challenge then again to the stamps one when they decided to switch. Eric and Danielle also took a cab to the cookies. Why did neither team receive a penalty?
I heard that too and was pissed when they didn't penalize people. It wouldn't have mattered on this leg with Uchenna and Joyce easily 12 hours behind, but it could impact the start of the next leg.
Old 04-09-07, 06:12 PM
Banned

Other questions:

1) Isn't this the second time Mirna and Schmirna had a 2+ hour lead and blew it?

2) Doesn't it seem like Danny and Oswald are intentionally blowing legs? They let Mirna and Schmirna win one leg by stopping for fruit after getting the "proceed to the pit stop" clue with a slim lead, and they let U&J take the #1 position and reward on the last leg.
Old 04-09-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Regarding Charla & Mirna, I could have strangled Mirna after she said they didn't play dirty and this was after they wouldn't let Eric & Danielle use one of the computers. It was obvious that only Mirna was getting anything done on the computer.
Eric assumed that Mirna was the only one using the computer, but Charla could've been using it too to look up stuff in case Mirna needed help. Hard to tell from just a short clip of the scene that only lasted a few seconds.

Besides, that's all part of the game. When Eric told them to wait in line because they made him wait for the computers, Mirna didn't get upset. She said "Touche" and explained that Eric was doing the right thing because it was all part of the game.

The Yield on the other hand is just a fake component of the game designed for crappy racers that can't race and need a helping hand to give them a boost.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.