LOST -- "Par Avion" -- 03.14.2007

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-07, 11:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Are you on the list?
Old 03-14-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Here's some thoughts I just had after watching after getting home from work...

1. All the castaways seem to have had issues with their fathers.
2. The Russian was saying how he knew John Locke was before....then Rousseau spoke up and we didn't hear what else he said.
3. Locke always seem to be on his own mission away from what everyone else has planned.
4. I remember reading about that last scene in EW already so I had a feeling it was coming sooner or later.

All in all a great episode though....still not sure how Claire and Jack will figure out that they came from the same loins.
Old 03-14-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,040 Likes on 824 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
None of the other castaways know Locke was in a wheelchair... he doesn't want them to know.

As for Locke's accident, he was only in Australia for that "adventure tour" or whatever. Would've been too much of a stretch for him to have also been there several months/years before, driving a truck for no apparent reason, especially as its never even been hinted at before.

The past couple of episodes have definitely been getting better. My only disappointment was that the "reveal" was something we've all suspected for a while. Can't complain though.
Rose knew... is she still alive?
Old 03-14-07, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,325 Likes on 2,128 Posts
Originally Posted by Quack
2. The Russian was saying how he knew John Locke was before....then Rousseau spoke up and we didn't hear what else he said.
The Russian said "The John Locke I know was para..."
you can figure out the rest.
Old 03-14-07, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
See does that mean he was on the list to possibly have been the next Desmond?.....hmmmm
Old 03-14-07, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,040 Likes on 824 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Yeah... hearing that would raise too many questions... they'd all know Locke doesn't want off the island.
Old 03-15-07, 12:13 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode. Great WTF? moment at the end.
Old 03-15-07, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,325 Likes on 2,128 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
Yeah... hearing that would raise too many questions...
Yeah, I know some people around here who sure as shit wouldn't want that.
Old 03-15-07, 12:40 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 276 Likes on 210 Posts
I thought it was good.

I had read about the Claire reveal, but it was nice to get another surprise at the end with Jack.
Old 03-15-07, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts
Eh ... stuff on the island was pretty good, but Claire's flashbacks put me to sleep. The father reveal? I don't know ... I've lost faith in the writers (and their plan for the whole storyline). It felt more like a "Hey ... wouldn't it be cool if we wrote this!" thing, rather than a planned piece of the puzzle falling into place. Jack's appearance at the end ... that could be anything, and could most likely just be a giant red herring (like Jack just pretending to get along with "The Others").

At least next week we finally get
Spoiler:
the story of how Locke got paralyzed. About damn time!
Old 03-15-07, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I was expecting the driver of the other car that Claire hit to be Locke; and that's how he got paralyzed. I guess it could still be.
No, it can't. The doctor in the hospital told Claire that the other driver that hit her was fine.

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Again they bring up "the list" and, presumably, "Jacob". Patchy also stated why they could leave but could not come back. I'm wondering if they found out about Locke's condition from Walt as he was the only character who he may have told.
I dont think so. Patchy knew Kate, Sayid, and Locke's last name. The others knew everything about the Losties from the beginning it seems.

Also, if anyone remembers season 2 when they were holding Ben hostage in the hatch, Ben told Locke he was next on Jacob's list. They seem to have forgotten about that. I think at one time the others stated they didnt want Jack, but they kept him anyway.
Old 03-15-07, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Finally Finally!!
Lost back to way it used to be.
I am very happy with this very very solid episode. Great acting, great character development, the conversation with the patch guy and Locke. The fence thing, the C4. I loved the C4 reveal in Locks bag. Badass. The patch guy telling Kate, Sayid & Locke about the list.....then Locke frying his ass on the fence. That Mystery and intrigue this is what Lost is suppose to be. I loved Claire's flashback and the surprise that her and Jack are bro & sis. Great surprise at the end of the episode too. Keep it up.

One thing though, where is Rose and her husband? These characters are still on this show right?
Old 03-15-07, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by brainee
Spoiler:
That, combined with the reveal at the end should make for one solid episode.

I'm glad to see Lost has been improving. At this rate, some mega-awesomeness is bound to happen soon.
Old 03-15-07, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 632 Likes on 365 Posts
paralegal! parakeet! parachute! paradox! Dang, what could he have meant to say??
Old 03-15-07, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Though now that I think about it, I'm not sure the show has ever ended on a flashback.
I think the Hurley ep with him in the institution and the Libby connection reveal did, but I'm not positive.

This was a great episode, a perfect blend of flashback, island, and others.

Also glad to see old parts of Locke's personality come back (not wanting to get off the island, etc). Seems like he and Sayid could get into some kind of a showdown soon.
Old 03-15-07, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
Does anybody know why Damon & Carlton haven't done the Lost podcast for 3 weeks now?
They're responsible for writing the finale. They did say in one interview last week that that's where they were up to ... post-production on ep 19, starting to write the finale, so my best guess is that they're busy doing that.

As for my thoughts on this ep ... claire's episodes have been few and far between -- but they've always been excellent. Par Avion was no exception. It was great not in that truly freaky way Raised By Another and Maternity Leave were, but in that really well writen, dramatic, and shocking way LOST has made trademark. Hardcore fans could see the first shocker, sure, but predicting that final scene I find hard to believe! A great "what the fuck?" moment there.
Old 03-15-07, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
jack's the main guy behind it all.
Old 03-15-07, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine cut off right after Sayid said that they were there at the end of the episode....what happened?
Old 03-15-07, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dablueguy
Mine cut off right after Sayid said that they were there at the end of the episode....what happened?
They all peer throught he bushes and Kate notices Jack. She sees him running towards them and steps out, but Sayid pulls her back. Turns out Jack wasn't running towards them he hasn't seen them yet, he was running to catch a football. He chucks it to Tom. Jack looks pretty happy in Otherville ... smash cut to "L O S T".
Old 03-15-07, 04:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichC2
Rose knew... is she still alive?
Thank you, I'm glad someone else remembers Rose. I wish the writers did.
Old 03-15-07, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, but I'm not sure the other castaways knew Locke was paralyzed. Or did they?

I wasn't expecting the whole plot of the ep. to be about Locke but I was expecting the last scene of the show to be Claire seeing the man she hit and revealing to us that it was Locke...cut to "Lost" logo, end of episode...
While an excellent idea, the timeline is all wrong. That would imply Locke was in Australia when he lost the use of his legs ... but he didn't go to Australia until after he was paralyzed ... remember, the whole reason he was there was to go on the Walkabout, and he was in a wheelchair at the time.
Old 03-15-07, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Dharma Initiative needs to drop some black hair dye on the next pallet. Claire was smokin hot in the flashbacks. Not that she's any kind of uggo with blonde hair.
Old 03-15-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee

Spoiler:
Are you sure we’re going to get that? Just a few episodes ago we were supposed to get the answers to "three of Lost's biggest mysteries ever." What did we actually end up getting? I no longer put any stock in those stupid previews.
Old 03-15-07, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts
Well, last night was one of the better, if not the best, episodes of this season. That's not really too much of a compliment, but at least I wasn't looking at my watch every two minutes and didn't feel guilty after watching it. I guess I'm surprised how many people thought the Claire/Jack thing was a big reveal. I remember that being talked about quite a bit when we saw Dr. Shepherd and Ana Lucia in Australia and he was out looking for his daughter.

Anyway, the characters mostly felt like the people we got to know in season one, which was nice. I still find it a little strange that Claire and Charlie are so buddy-buddy like 3 or 4 weeks after him taking the baby. I guess the writers are just ignoring that horrible story arc now.

On the downside, I think we may have got a bigger reveal than anything that's mentioned here so far. Who wants to bet that the show's viewers aren't 'on the list' of people capable of understanding what the Others are up to...
Old 03-15-07, 07:33 AM

As far as the bird messenger thing goes....won't the paper be destroyed as soon as the bird lands in the water? Good thinkin Claire

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.