Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "Par Avion" -- 03.14.2007

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-07, 09:15 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
If they do sell it as Jack playing along , that will be BS. How could be gain their trust in like a few days ! no way !

I much prefer the idea that Jack is the big Mastermind behind the whole think and he brought all the Losties to the island to get revenge on all who wronged him, including his sister.

I just wish Sayid would go total badass and let Locke do the same !
Old 03-16-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
who out of the Losties wronged him? Why would he want to get revenge on his sister?
Someone mentioned earlier that they think the Losties are clones. This makes the most sense to me. Dharma cloned them all and put them on the island as some type of experiment. Rose's cancer suddenly gone. Locke no longer paralyzed. Patchy telling Kate she wouldnt understand because she is "flawed".
Old 03-16-07, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ1276
who out of the Losties wronged him? Why would he want to get revenge on his sister?
Someone mentioned earlier that they think the Losties are clones. This makes the most sense to me. Dharma cloned them all and put them on the island as some type of experiment. Rose's cancer suddenly gone. Locke no longer paralyzed. Patchy telling Kate she wouldnt understand because she is "flawed".
Damon and Carlton have said with utter absolution that there has never, and will never be any mention or inclusion of "clones" into the overall LOST storyline. And thank God for that because that, aside from aliens, would be the worst route they could take the story.
Old 03-17-07, 02:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hardercore
Damon and Carlton have said with utter absolution that there has never, and will never be any mention or inclusion of "clones" into the overall LOST storyline. And thank God for that because that, aside from aliens, would be the worst route they could take the story.
Doesn't mean that there won't be any 'bad twins' along the way...

Anybody else think that Candle/Wick from the Hanso films will be Jacob?
Old 03-18-07, 11:32 AM

I'm a bit confused as to how exactly the security fence works. Does it trap you in some sort of field and then emit a sonic pulse that melts your brain? If it does hold you in some sort of magnetic field, then how was Patchy able to turn around and thank Locke before being fried? And if it doesn't hold you and you'd have to deliberately stand motionless in the field until it fried you, then couldn't you get through if you just ran real fast between the pylons?

Also, if it was a sonic pulse that fried Patchy's brain, why didn't it affect anyone else? They were only standing 10 feet away. No one held their hands over their ears or showed any signs of discomfort. I would think even a highly focused directional sonic pulse would still cause some collateral damage to anyone near by.
Old 03-18-07, 01:21 PM

Why in the world is everyone so befuddled by the Jack reveal? Haven't you ever seen prisoners playing basketball, working out, and generally enjoying themselves? He may simply have a deal with his captors, limited freedom in exchange for good behavior, and prefer to have a little fun rather than mope around 24/7.

Although, the producers must have a reason for including the scene, and if the above is the payoff there will be quite a collective groan from the worldwide audience, so maybe there is indeed something more to it....
Old 03-18-07, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by redskull
I'm a bit confused as to how exactly the security fence works. Does it trap you in some sort of field and then emit a sonic pulse that melts your brain? If it does hold you in some sort of magnetic field, then how was Patchy able to turn around and thank Locke before being fried? And if it doesn't hold you and you'd have to deliberately stand motionless in the field until it fried you, then couldn't you get through if you just ran real fast between the pylons?

Also, if it was a sonic pulse that fried Patchy's brain, why didn't it affect anyone else? They were only standing 10 feet away. No one held their hands over their ears or showed any signs of discomfort. I would think even a highly focused directional sonic pulse would still cause some collateral damage to anyone near by.
I had almost all of these exact same thoughts (with the additional one that since it appeared to be somewhat directional and Patchy was still getting zapped about 5 feet in, how did they know that approximately 10 feet inside would not trigger it?) and just decided to chalk this one up as another Lost-ism...
Old 03-19-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just caught this last night, my DVR didn't feel like recording it live, so I had to watch it on ITunes.

I had to rewind the part where Jack was sprinting a couple of times. It looked like he was running awfully damn hard for a playful game of catch, but a very solid episode overall. The sooner Charlie dies, the better.
Old 03-20-07, 12:30 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by Rob V
... Don't be an asshole; it's a theory.
Rob V, this type of response is uncalled for and is against forum rules. Please avoid comments like this in the future.
Old 03-20-07, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by pankwindu
I had almost all of these exact same thoughts (with the additional one that since it appeared to be somewhat directional and Patchy was still getting zapped about 5 feet in, how did they know that approximately 10 feet inside would not trigger it?) and just decided to chalk this one up as another Lost-ism...
Random theory: Could be that he was implanted with a chip that triggers death if he crosses that permimeter, but heroes could have simply walked right through because they were not chipped. That would mean, of course, that they didn't want him inside, and we don't have any real evidence of that.
Old 03-20-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ1276
I have posted many items in support of the clone theory. And I have not read anything where the producers disowned the possibility (unlike purgatory and dreams). However, I fear the real answer will be more St. Elsewhere than anything else.
Old 03-20-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I have posted many items in support of the clone theory. And I have not read anything where the producers disowned the possibility (unlike purgatory and dreams). However, I fear the real answer will be more St. Elsewhere than anything else.
Josh, care to spoil the St. Elsewhere reference for me?
Old 03-20-07, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 878 Likes on 396 Posts
I heard about this somewhere, can't remember, but I thought was interesting.

Jack's dad has had contact with Jack, Claire, Sawyer, and Ana Lucia.
Was there anyone else? I can't remember if he actually talked to Shannon when her dad died.
Old 03-20-07, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I have posted many items in support of the clone theory. And I have not read anything where the producers disowned the possibility (unlike purgatory and dreams).
Clones (debunked theory) - Lostpedia ... it's there as the first Con to this theory. The article was a roundup of what was learned from the LOST panel at Comic Con '06. To quote that article:

"There are no clones on Lost. Damon Lindelof gave his personal promise and guarantee that there are no clones in the show. Nothing personal against clones, they're people just like us (literally) but there are no clones on Lost."

I don't say shit about what Damon and Carlton have said unless they have said it.

Last edited by hardercore; 03-20-07 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-20-07, 04:09 PM

Read the synopsis for tomorrow's episode. Sounds very solid with a huge bomb for an ending.
Old 03-20-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,852 Likes on 1,956 Posts
Originally Posted by bravesmg
Josh, care to spoil the St. Elsewhere reference for me?
(Not the same Josh, but I'll give it a go, anyway )

St. Elsewhere was an NBC drama set in a hosptial, starring Howie Mandel and Denzel Washington among others.

Spoiler:
In the series finale, it was revealed that the entire series was taking place in the mind of autistic child who had a snowglobe with a miniature hospital inside of it.

Some people are speculating that everything on "Lost" might be something similar; whether Hurley is still in the mental institution and everything is just part of a fantasy he lives in, or everyone on "Lost" has implanted memories and could just step through a door and be in Colorado or something, or it could be some kind of virtual reality experiment, etc.

Either way, at some point, it may be revealed that everything we've seen isn't actually real.
Old 03-20-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

See, I didn't say DVDJosh, I knew that some Josh would step up with the info .

The spoiler sounds right, I guess St. Elsewhere was before my time, but I can't imagine long terms fans not crapping all over that ending. Especially for a medical drama.
Old 03-20-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is my completely insane theory:

Everyone from the plane crash is dead. They are all ghosts and they are fighting for their territory. This is one reason Locke was able to walk. Also this is why Jack was seeing the ghost of his father. Hurley is the only one not dead. He actually is still in the mental institution watching all of this happen because he has special powers of seeing beyond the grave and is able to project himself so that everyone can talk to him. The black mist thing is actually the grim reaper and is slowly killing people. Then what happens next is Hurley is cured because someone tells him that he is the Michelin Man and he ends up eating all the ghosts on the island.
Old 03-22-07, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
"A paramilitary commando?"
Parachuting professional? Nah
Paraphrasing poet?
Paradise worshipping fool?