Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goth Claire was hot I thought.

Big whoa on the reveal at the end.

Next week should be good.
Old 03-14-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice spike, Jack.

The Claire flashback stretches familial bonds to a new (what are the odds half-brother and half-sister would be on the same plane that crashes in the ocean?)

Did Jack really see his dad after the crash landing, perhaps...

How long can Desmond keep Charlie alive (and why)?

Locke sure did want to shut up the newly brain-damaged.
Old 03-14-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked this episode. The bird thing made me a little sad, thinking about if I was in that situation. The castaways always act like everything is hunky dorey and you rarely get to see them depressed over the fact they've been stuck on the island for 80 days now.

But, WTF at the end? Craziness. Can't wait for next week's episode either!
Old 03-14-07, 10:08 PM

Awesome episode overall. The only thing I didn't like was that the russian is finally going to add so much to the show and off he goes. Although the Locke line "sorry" is my new favorite tv moment. And I get to rub it in the wife's face because I said something was up with Jack after he finished the operation on Ben.
Old 03-14-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Emile's acting was pretty good in this episode. It should definitely shut her detractors up for the time being.

EDIT:

And WTF indeed @ the end.
Old 03-14-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,040 Likes on 824 Posts
I gotta say, overall I thought it was pretty uneven, yet it was still a good episode, if that makes any sense.
Old 03-14-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
So who thinks Jack became one of the others after Kate and Sawyer left him there and who thinks he became one while the 3 of them were held there?
Old 03-14-07, 10:35 PM

This has been one of the best eps this season (Yes, I know that's not saying much) but in the grand scheme, we actually got an answer to a question of interest, right?
Old 03-14-07, 10:37 PM

Great episode. The storyline is finally moving at more than a snail's pace. I get the feeling that Jack hasn't become one of them, but may be acting as though he were. So Jack and company are now moved back to the main island? Wonder if Jack observed anything during the relocation?

That orderly sweeping the floor in the background when Claire visited her mom looked a bit like Jack.

Questions I have:
1) So where did Locke pick up the C4? Wasn't it only in the sub-level of the flame hatch?
2) So we now know Claire and Jack are half-siblings. So what? Is it going to mean anything down the road? How would they make the connection without a DNA test? Does Jack have a photo of his dad that Claire would see by accident? Hurley and Libby crossed paths, but Libby is now dead and the point is moot. ...right?
3) What was Patchy so afraid of that he chose death instead of life? The same for Ms. Klugh?
Old 03-14-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
I gotta say, overall I thought it was pretty uneven, yet it was still a good episode, if that makes any sense.
I think the flashback just rushed a bit when they had Claire back as a blonde and pregnant. We wanted to see more of goth Claire, but nooo they just had to skip over that.

Good episode indeed. Locke is looking at Jack, thinking, "that should have been me, you jerk!"
Old 03-14-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Still 1.5 hours out till it airs here on the west coast.
Please Lost, don't do me wrong....

Mercury&Solace had a fine bitch & moan, stating how sick and frustrated they were about this “mostly garbage of a season” that kept “dragging shit out”
… but, hold the phones, don’t get them wrong … They still love the show!
Quote my whole write up come on now

Love the show, very disappointed in this season.

Don't quite get the "they" "them" I am just 1 person ......or am I

.....I do talk to myself though
Old 03-14-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Beginning to feel that the show may be getting back on the right/better track. Jack enjoying himself???

Actually looking forward to next week. Who'd a thunk it?
Old 03-14-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I've never been more convinced of the clone theory than seeing Jack playing catch with the offensive lineman.
Old 03-14-07, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
That orderly sweeping the floor in the background when Claire visited her mom looked a bit like Jack.
i thought that too!!

i was waiting for someone to lift off the eyepatch and see what was really wrong with his eye.

was it just me or did jack look a little chunky when catching the football?
Old 03-14-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robertwoj
2) So we now know Claire and Jack are half-siblings. So what? Is it going to mean anything down the road? How would they make the connection without a DNA test? Does Jack have a photo of his dad that Claire would see by accident? Hurley and Libby crossed paths, but Libby is now dead and the point is moot. ...right?
I'm going to assume the others know they are related, so they could reveal it to one of them. (why it matters, I don't know)
Old 03-14-07, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
I'm going to assume the others know they are related, so they could reveal it to one of them. (why it matters, I don't know)
this reminds me of that season of Big Brother when two of the house guests were half brother and sister and didn't know it at all, and the producers kept trying to hype it up.
Old 03-14-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jack doesn't think he's on the island, right? Why not stop being antagnostic and play some football. I don't think he's become one of the others. He just doesn't have anything else to do.
Old 03-14-07, 11:15 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

jack was exposed to that crazy video shit to fry his brain.
Old 03-14-07, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,325 Likes on 2,128 Posts
Another good episode!

Locke was back to his badass ways, seeing him throw the Russian through the fence was awesome!

Am I the only one who thinks Sun's english is too good?

I've hated that French chick since Sayid first stumbled upon her. Just as the Russian is going to give a big reveal to the gang she interrupts him?! WTF?

I was expecting the driver of the other car that Claire hit to be Locke; and that's how he got paralyzed. I guess it could still be.
Old 03-14-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,040 Likes on 824 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Another good episode!

Locke was back to his badass ways, seeing him throw the Russian through the fence was awesome!

Am I the only one who thinks Sun's english is too good?

I've hated that French chick since Sayid first stumbled upon her. Just as the Russian is going to give a big reveal to the gang she interrupts him?! WTF?

I was expecting the driver of the other car that Claire hit to be Locke; and that's how he got paralyzed. I guess it could still be.
Eh, I think they were just saving the paralysis thing for the next episode, cutting the Russian off halfway through "The John Locke I knew was paralyzed." didn't bug me.
Old 03-14-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,325 Likes on 2,128 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
Eh, I think they were just saving the paralysis thing for the next episode, cutting the Russian off halfway through "The John Locke I knew was paralyzed." didn't bug me.
Yeah, but I'm not sure the other castaways knew Locke was paralyzed. Or did they?

I wasn't expecting the whole plot of the ep. to be about Locke but I was expecting the last scene of the show to be Claire seeing the man she hit and revealing to us that it was Locke...cut to "Lost" logo, end of episode...

Though now that I think about it, I'm not sure the show has ever ended on a flashback.
Old 03-14-07, 11:35 PM

Does anybody know why Damon & Carlton haven't done the Lost podcast for 3 weeks now?
Old 03-14-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that Locke wanted Patchy dead the minute he dropped the paralized statement. Locke looks like he is on a one way collision course with Ben over what happened in Season 2 between the two. Next week should rock.

Again they bring up "the list" and, presumably, "Jacob". Patchy also stated why they could leave but could not come back. I'm wondering if they found out about Locke's condition from Walt as he was the only character who he may have told.
Old 03-14-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
So...why did Desmond fire the shot to foil Claire's bird trap? I didn't get the connection of that to Charlie's potential death and Desmond finding another bird on the rocks...?
Old 03-14-07, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Yeah, but I'm not sure the other castaways knew Locke was paralyzed. Or did they?

I wasn't expecting the whole plot of the ep. to be about Locke but I was expecting the last scene of the show to be Claire seeing the man she hit and revealing to us that it was Locke...cut to "Lost" logo, end of episode...

Though now that I think about it, I'm not sure the show has ever ended on a flashback.
None of the other castaways know Locke was in a wheelchair... he doesn't want them to know.

As for Locke's accident, he was only in Australia for that "adventure tour" or whatever. Would've been too much of a stretch for him to have also been there several months/years before, driving a truck for no apparent reason, especially as its never even been hinted at before.

The past couple of episodes have definitely been getting better. My only disappointment was that the "reveal" was something we've all suspected for a while. Can't complain though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.