Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 5:00PM - 6:00PM" -- 03/05/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by frenchy
I liked tonight's episode a lot better than the last few week's episodes, so it's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.
I agree. I think it was probably the best since the nuke went off. The whole Bauer family saga has really soured this season for me. The political side has also been a bore, but this week was definitely a step in the right direction.

No daddy Bauer
No drunk Morris
No DB Woodside
Jack just waltzing into the Russian embassy
torture scene
Biscuit doing the right thing

Jack not calling CTU immediately or having them on the line during the interrogation.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Now, how many of you were making these type of negative comments about Season 3 and 4? I know Season 3 had a very weak 1st half and a damn good 2nd half. Many here called Season 4 bad as well saying it was a parody of itself.
Season 4 was openly mocked here. Season 3 didn't have that luxury because at the time the plots appeared to be going somewhere. It wasn't until the end where the whole first half of the season was negated by the second half that the backlash began.

That is generally the problem with the show as a whole, when you watch it weekly it is entertaining, it isn't until the end that you realize most of what they did had no bearing on where it actually went. The problem with season 6 is that it isn't even entertaining weekly anymore due to the soap opera family plot, recycled plots and having zero characters to care about.

I have to agree with Cornflake, it is a sad day when 24 sits on the DVR past the night it airs.

*edit - and whatever happened to that New York report last summer? That would have definitely added something a little fresh to the show.
Old 03-07-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
How about next season Jack gets stuck in a bank robbery in Texas, or uncovers a child abduction ring in Virginia? Does every story have to involve nukes, Presidents, and terrorists in California?
Exactly. I can't tell you how happy I'd be if they did an entire season of a MUCH smaller threat. The examples you provided are great and I'm sure others can think of many more that would be both suspenseful and fresh. Such smaller scale plots would be a bitch to write and stretch out to 24 episodes, and that's probably why they choose to do the same damn thing over and over again. It's easier for the writers, and clearly, most viewers don't seem to mind the repetitiveness.
Old 03-07-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
Exactly. I can't tell you how happy I'd be if they did an entire season of a MUCH smaller threat...
I definitely agree. A change like this is SO badly needed here. I'm going to stick it out this season, but if next season involves a nuke threat or presidental overthrow plot, i'm done with the show.
Old 03-07-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 243 Posts
Definitely the best episode since the nuclear bomb detonated.

Why? Great acting by Gregory Itzin and Powers Boothe.

If we could get those two in a scene together, the sparks would really fly.
Old 03-07-07, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Those that might have seen it, might have been killed. Maybe They will address this when Palmer regains conciousness.
Also, were the cameras 1) running and 2) survived?
Old 03-07-07, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another crazy episode. I laugh at "24" these days more than anything. Love it! This episode went so fast for me, it felt like it was over in 15 minutes!
Old 03-07-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mark my words - the final season of 24 will feature Jack trying to stop an alien invasion with season long guest stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.
Old 03-07-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
mark my words - the final season of 24 will feature Jack trying to stop an alien invasion with season long guest stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.
That would be a pretty cool season!
Old 03-07-07, 01:23 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

those 2 could use a job, so its not as far fetched as you would think.
Old 03-07-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
No Frank Black, no sale!

Old 03-07-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I have to agree that this was a bad episode. More poor writing, including how everyone has apparently been stricken with collective amnesia that Bashir tried to push Principal Wood away from the bomb.
I know what I'm about to mention is from the previous episode, but it cracked me up that nobody questioned the guy who set off the bomb, even though some security saw him standing in front of the door to the room in which the explosion happened, and he didn't even turn his head toward it or look slightly surprised.
Old 03-07-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Just like everyone feels Chloe isn't the same anymore, I personally don't feel President Logan is very interesting if he isn't indecisive and constantly turning to Mike Novick shouting "What do I do Mike???"
Old 03-07-07, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They need to ditch Morris, and bring in Edgar's twin brother to replace him at Morris's station.
Old 03-08-07, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rennervision
Just like everyone feels Chloe isn't the same anymore, I personally don't feel President Logan is very interesting if he isn't indecisive and constantly turning to Mike Novick shouting "What do I do Mike???"
I'm liking Logan so far because he's kind of... creepy. That being said, I agree that it feels off he hasn't screamed "Fix this Mike!" even once this season.
Old 03-08-07, 10:43 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Before finally getting a chance to watch this episode last night I read a review of it that basically said 24 had jumped the shark with this episode. I was expecting the worst, but I found it entertaining - better than some of the recent episodes. I'm still in.
Old 03-08-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
If only Jack had attempted to call CTU before the Russians blew open the door and captured him, it would have improved the episode by 100%. How could the writers have been so lazy? I'm not sure if they are writing for a TV show anymore. It feels more like a really long video game with different cutscenes inserted to break up the action.

And how much you want to bet those drones are going to be flying over the U.S. for a couple of episodes carrying the nukes? (Which will be a shameless recycled plot device from season 4.)
Old 03-08-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
I think the word "lazy" is perfect description for the season, save for the first few episodes and even then some of the moves were questionable.
Old 03-09-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
At 2pm PST.

Actress Jean Smart (mrs logan). To be interviewed on local radio station in seattle (Host is HUGE 24 fan)

http://www.kir0710.com

I think you can listen online.
Old 03-11-07, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
How about next season Jack gets stuck in a bank robbery in Texas, or uncovers a child abduction ring in Virginia? Does every story have to involve nukes, Presidents, and terrorists in California?
considering jack works/used to work for the Counter Terrorist Agency, i would say yes... unless all the CTU actors are no longer going to be on the show
Old 03-11-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,660 Likes on 2,628 Posts
Here's some more ideas:

Jack gets poisoned by one of his enemies and has "24" hours to find the culprit and antedote.

Jack gets captured and sent to some remote island and a bounty is offered to some hunters for Jack Bauer's head, while Bauer is sent on the run through the island.
Old 03-11-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Isn't that the plot of "Crank"?
Old 03-11-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
Come on. We all know Jack would kick that poison to the curb by the third episode.
Old 03-11-07, 04:30 PM

"Jack gets poisoned by one of his enemies and has "24" hours to find the culprit and antedote."

They can call it "24 DOA!"

I'd be all over that if it ends the way DOA did.