DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 5:00PM - 6:00PM" -- 03/05/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/494358-twenty-four-24-day-6-5-00pm-6-00pm-03-05-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 03-05-07 05:00 AM

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 5:00PM - 6:00PM" -- 03/05/07

"Day 6: 5:00PM - 6:00PM"
Spoiler:
As the administration deals with a shocking setback, former President Logan becomes increasingly involved; Pollock and Lennox are tied up in a messy situation; Jack pursues new unexpected leads.

Originally Aired: March 05, 2007

MovieExchange 03-05-07 08:39 PM

Vice President? Yeah, in on the plot to remove Palmer.

Jack? DUMB AS A STUMP. It's hard to believe that Jack has spent 5 seasons as the uber-operative, and then charges into the consulate on a half-baked plan like this.

cdollaz 03-05-07 08:44 PM

There was something weird about Powers Boothe's mouth.

Snowmaker 03-05-07 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Vice President? Yeah, in on the plot to remove Palmer.

Jack? DUMB AS A STUMP. It's hard to believe that Jack has spent 5 seasons as the uber-operative, and then charges into the consulate on a half-baked plan like this.

And then tried to walk right out the office door.

skatefan20 03-05-07 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
And then tried to walk right out the office door.

That was just STUPID! He didn't call Buchanan immediately after the confession. I don't care if he's been thru hell in China, but we're at the 24 midpoint - does Jack need someone like Bob Barker to tell him what's behind door number one?

On a positive note, nice to see Kari Matchett invade 24 :banana: .

JZ1276 03-05-07 09:16 PM

best 24 this season

Rogue588 03-05-07 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by JZ1276
best 24 this season

Seriously?

While I did like the Biscuit turning those two guys in and Jack storming the embassy, this was a pretty dumb episode. I know they have to progress the storyline, but [Gob]Come On![/Gob]

Bluelitespecial 03-05-07 09:23 PM

It was good to less of Cloe and Morris, I know everyone has been complaining about their story the past few weeks.

Michael T Hudson 03-05-07 09:27 PM

I think this was one of the worse episodes of the season.

Patman 03-05-07 09:31 PM

I thought this was one of the more engaging episode of season 6 so far. I liked the change of guard with Powers Boothe bringing some gravitas to the presidency, and Jack getting to bark out demands for answers, never just once, almost always twice. :)

MovieExchange 03-05-07 09:35 PM

I have to agree that this was a bad episode. More poor writing, including how everyone has apparently been stricken with collective amnesia that Bashir tried to push Principal Wood away from the bomb.

skatefan20 03-05-07 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
I thought this was one of the more engaging episode of season 6 so far. I liked the change of guard with Powers Boothe bringing some gravitas to the presidency, and Jack getting to bark out demands for answers, never just once, almost always twice. :)

:thumbsup: Powers Boothe and Biscuit
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: No "Morris and the Bottle" this hour.

DVD Josh 03-05-07 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JZ1276
best 24 this season

Maybe you mean best season of the series, because after what we just saw, no way best episode of the season.

MartinBlank 03-05-07 10:07 PM

Did anybody catch the phone number given out during the last 5 minutes?

MrX 03-05-07 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by skatefan20
That was just STUPID! He didn't call Buchanan immediately after the confession. I don't care if he's been thru hell in China, but we're at the 24 midpoint - does Jack need someone like Bob Barker to tell him what's behind door number one?

That scene pissed me off. It's terrible writing. Just a bullshit way to put Jack in more danger and tells you they are running out of ideas.

Powers Boothe taking over is about the best thing the show has done this season.

From the preview
Spoiler:
Looks like Aaron Pierce is banging the ex-Mrs. Logan:up:

Anubis2005X 03-05-07 10:18 PM

This episode wasn't great, but infinitely better than last week's episode, if only because there wasn't a trace of the whole Cloe/Morris bull crap! Next week looks like a return to form too, it's about freakin time...

Doughboy 03-05-07 10:53 PM

I thought it was a decent episode. Although why did the Russian dude have to leave Jack in order to make the phone call? Ok, the obvious answer is so they could drag this storyline out for another week, but it was still annoying.

Powers Boothe has about 1000 times the presence of D.B. Woodside. I just hope they don't take the obvious route by having him in on the assassination plot.

I was surprised to see Suvarov back. I do like how the plot is tied(at least in part) into last season's. And on that subject, please let Logan stick around the rest of the year. The new characters just aren't cutting it.

Sucks that they unceremoneously killed off Dr. Bashir like that. They could've really done something with that character.

Charlie Goose 03-05-07 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
Did anybody catch the phone number given out during the last 5 minutes?

310-597-3781

I got a female voice recording in Spanish, then a male in English saying something about "number for 24", then the woman again and disconnected.

PacMan2006 03-05-07 11:16 PM

So no one is bothered that this season is just a bunch of what we have already seen in "24?"

Nuclear bombs, President's getting assassinated (possibly), people plotting to kill the President, Jack storming another consulate, etc.

movie diva 03-05-07 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
310-597-3781

I got a female voice recording in Spanish, then a male in English saying something about "number for 24", then the woman again and disconnected.

Same message all the time, mabye they forgot to pay the bill.

riley_dude 03-05-07 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
So no one is bothered that this season is just a bunch of what we have already seen in "24?"

Nuclear bombs, President's getting assassinated (possibly), people plotting to kill the President, Jack storming another consulate, etc.

Agreed. I am just not thrilled with this season at all. Except for the bomb going off nothing really exciting has happened.

I was quite surprised they killed Bashir so quickly too. What a waste.

frenchy 03-06-07 12:05 AM

I liked tonight's episode a lot better than the last few week's episodes, so it's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. The preview for next week looks delicious.

edstein 03-06-07 12:22 AM

I'm a huge 24 fan but, I am not liking this season very much. The bomb was cool but I didn't like killing off Curtis or Bashir. I'm still going to watch, just because Jack Bauer is still a badass.

TheMovieman 03-06-07 12:25 AM

Who's the actor who shot that Russian guy making the call to Buchanon? I recognize him from a movie (I can even visualize a part of a scene) but I can't remember what movie it was...

As for the episode, it's a step up from previous eps, but still was only OK. I agree that Powers Booth has a ton more screen presence and my concern isn't over whether he's a part of the assassination conspiracy (although I don't think he is, I think he's pushing the Bashir story so he can implement that order), it's when Wayne Palmer wakes up (and you know he will), and just in the nick of time before the VP's plan comes to fruition...

alfredog1976 03-06-07 12:40 AM

I knew it! The Russian consulate general is Denethor!