Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes 10/16/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
is it possible that Syler is Niki's convict ex-husband?

I wouldnt bet on it.
Old 10-17-06, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadLamb
well I failed the hero morality test.. When Hiro stopped time and started to move around the table, I thought "He is going to grab some bitchy dealer titty!!" but then he did the "right thing" and set the drink back up..
That was exactly the first thing that came to my mind too.
Old 10-17-06, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best new show of the season, IMO. Next week can't come fast enough and those cliffhangers make it even worse.
I wonder what happened with the coroner after Claire left? Wouldn't she alert someone, maybe her parents? She was dead after all and then disappeared from the autopsy table.
Old 10-17-06, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The bitchy dealer was Kristen from Eonline!

I gave up after about half of last week's show. I actually stopped it and deleted it, but after reading about the cliffhanger, I watched the rest online. Glad I did. This was a kickass episode. Definitely better writing, but more of Hiro, which is good. I'd like to know more about Grunberg's character as well, but this episode was definitely a step in the right direction.
Old 10-17-06, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by Nth Power
Best new show of the season, IMO. Next week can't come fast enough and those cliffhangers make it even worse.
I wonder what happened with the coroner after Claire left? Wouldn't she alert someone, maybe her parents? She was dead after all and then disappeared from the autopsy table.
She was found naked with no id and was referred to as a Jane Doe. The coroner probably contacted someone, but she'd have no idea who the parents were.

I agree that the writing was a little better this week, but it's still rough in places. I'm thinking more and more that it's possible that cheerleader dad is a good guy. At the end, I'm assuming they only took the flying brother and left bad twin asleep on the bed? My guess is that's because one of them's a good guy and the other is a bad guy. My money's on bad twin being a villian.
Old 10-17-06, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dashed
Loved the show. I need to watch it again to catch everything.

In case you don't have it on your Tivo/DVR, the epsiode will be repeated on SciFi Channel Friday at 7:00PM.
Old 10-17-06, 07:23 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
something that bugged me...when Claire's dad is talking to the cop, he says he's not from anything with initials. but aren't CIA, FBI, etc, technically acronyms?

just wondering. for the record.
[nerd]Technically, they are not acronyms, they are initialisms. In order for an abbreviation to be an acronym, it must be pronounced as a word (like "scuba" or "laser").[/nerd]
Old 10-17-06, 07:56 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Can someone explain this:

Spoiler:
Next week's preview shows the cheerleader (good thing she had her uniform on) in the hospital - her face is cut up etc.. She heals so fast - why would she be in the hospital, and still with cuts on her face?
Old 10-17-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.

Spoiler:
Next week's preview shows the cheerleader (good thing she had her uniform on) in the hospital - her face is cut up etc.. She heals so fast - why would she be in the hospital, and still with cuts on her face?
Well, I guess there is a "Leech" type of character that inhibits the powers.
Old 10-17-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Maybe she's learning to control the rate of her recovery? She might be found at the scene all cut up and figure it best to maintain the charade. I wonder if she'll make it seem like the QB was the one driving so as to avoid any possible criminal charges.
Old 10-17-06, 08:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Spoiler:
Looks like the Football player survived, but her dad may take him out next week.
Please spoilerize material from future episodes.

As for this episode, it was definitely a step up. Definitely. Claire is an excellent driver.
Old 10-17-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
What I love about this show is that it's staying true to it's comic book roots. The cheesy recaps, the to be continued endings, the dialog are all straight out of almost any comic book you pick up on a weekly basis.

Cheerleader and Dark Nikki are still my favorite characters by far. I still hate heroin man and the dude with the messed up mouth is getting annoying.
Old 10-17-06, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Could be that she still has glass/debris in the cuts that's keeping them open.
Old 10-17-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did the show cheat us last week? I thought I posted about this here, but I guess I didn't. At the end last week, I thought we saw the cheerleader pull the stick out of her own head. This week, it was the coroner who did it. Did I just not watch the scene closely enough, or did they cheat?
Old 10-17-06, 09:18 AM

No, it was the coroner who did it
Old 10-17-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Last week, we only saw a gloved hand do it. It wasn't revealed this week that it was the coroner. The timing of her recovery appeared to be different as well.
Old 10-17-06, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
Last week, we only saw a gloved hand do it. It wasn't revealed this week that it was the coroner. The timing of her recovery appeared to be different as well.
I didn't hear a "Holy Sh.....", either.
Old 10-17-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by achau9598
is it possible that Syler is Niki's convict ex-husband?
I can almost 100% guarentee DL is sitting in that grave
Old 10-17-06, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
Cheerleader and Dark Nikki are still my favorite characters by far. I still hate heroin man and the dude with the messed up mouth is getting annoying.
Okay, I can usually figure out the characters being referred to by the fun nicknames but I'm seriously confused by "dude with the messed up mouth".
Old 10-17-06, 10:49 AM

The brother that talks out the side of his mouth
Old 10-17-06, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
well I failed the hero morality test.. When Hiro stopped time and started to move around the table, I thought "He is going to grab some bitchy dealer titty!!" but then he did the "right thing" and set the drink back up..
I must admit that, when Hiro stopped time and started walking towards the waitress, I instantly reverted into a hormone-enraged, 14-year-old who's wondering, not for the first time, what he'd do if he can stop time. I think it was something about the way Hiro looked so giddy. I felt silly, though, when I realized he was just happy to save someone's life waitress outfit.

Is anyone else checking out the online comic books in the NBC Heroes site? I'm not sure how much of the comics, if any, will make it to the show, but they're pretty interesting. This week's comic, for example, shows what happens after
Spoiler:
Claire drives the car into the wall.

Anyway, great series so far! And I know a show about superheroes has potential when my wife, who doesn't even like much fantasy or sci-fi at all, is excited about next week's episode as much as I am.
Old 10-17-06, 10:52 AM

so does Niki's alter ego just have super strength?
Old 10-17-06, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by treszoks
The brother that talks out the side of his mouth
He's like the male Holly Hunter.

Originally Posted by bigsoos
so does Niki's alter ego just have super strength?
I would say so because that one thug from the first episode got torn in half.
Old 10-17-06, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Timber
What I love about this show is that it's staying true to it's comic book roots. The cheesy recaps, the to be continued endings, the dialog are all straight out of almost any comic book you pick up on a weekly basis.
So is the Cheerleader in the cheerleader outfit mimicing all those superheroes that run around in their costume at inane all the time (ala Reed Richards)...or do they just not have anything on the set that fits her?
Old 10-17-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Hiro just got thrown out of the Monteccito!
Man, if there were ever a spot for a Las Vegas cameo, that would've been it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.