Smallville -- "Wither" -- 10/12/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-06, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Wither" -- 10/12/06

"Wither"
Spoiler:
Lex throws a charity costume ball for the town; Clark and Chloe pursue a creature who uses male human bodies to procreate; All-American Rejects perform.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore, Justin Hartley, The All-American Rejects.
Director(s): Whitney Ransick.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Tracy Bellomo .

Original Airdate: October 12, 2006.
Old 10-12-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not expecting too much out of this episode, but who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.
Old 10-12-06, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Not expecting too much out of this episode, but who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.
So much for being surprised.

Half-way through, and it looks to be a huge stinker.
Old 10-12-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
he beat phantom zone chick way too easily
Old 10-12-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
he beat phantom zone chick way too easily
I thought the same thing, but then thought, well he is Superman.

But was nice to see Green Arrow getting under Lex's skin, a good nod to his future asshole self, lol.

Last edited by stingermck; 10-12-06 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-12-06, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Could Lex look anymore like a jackass in the costume he was wearing? Not to mention it took 3 minutes for Lana to get all that crap off him. And, uh, Lex, having sex in the middle of the mansion, not a good idea. You know everybody and their dog comes walking in unannounced.

This episode really did nothing for me with the Poison Ivy ripoff.
Old 10-12-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Lois was made for the Maid Marion costume. Lois is so the hero-hound. Did laugh at when she tipped Oliver.

Lex did look like a jackass in his roman get-up. Didn't like Lana's costume either.

Jimmy and Chloe - they really need to figure things out.

The Poison Ivy-esque FOTW was definitely defeated/stopped far too easily, it was like she was an afterthought for all the rest of the soap opera elements of the episode.

Anyone ever think we'd see bored-out-of-his-gourd Clark up in his barn bouncing a superball all night long?
Old 10-12-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Lex's costume didn't really bother me. As soon as I saw it, I thought of course, he sees him self as a ruler, or king.

Poor Clark, bouncing his ball Great Escape style.
Old 10-12-06, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Great costume, Lois.
Old 10-12-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
clark needs to be hanging outside hot chicks' houses and using the x-ray vision to peep on them
at least thing he'll have something to look at while he whacks it
Old 10-12-06, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Lois' costume.

I'm really liking Green Arrow. So far they seem to have gotten him right.

The Chloe and Jimmy stuff was cute.

Lex finally telling Clark he's unwelcome was rather late but still from me.

Anything relating to Lana.

The villain was definitely an afterthought. ANd the way it was all resolved reminded me of something even the writers of Charmed wouldn't do.
Old 10-12-06, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Wow this was a real stinker episode, what is happening to this show?

-Instead of FotW's we have Phantomzoners now?
-Lex's costume, gawd.
-Whoever plays Oliver Queen is a terrible actor.
-Poison Ivy ripoff (chick was hawt though)
-Too many love triangles for Clark, its more like a love octagon

What are the freaking odds that when Clark is in the green house, that Lex just happens to be in there, WTF?? That shit is annoying.

The only redeeming thing in this episode is Chloe in tight jeans & tanktop and Lois' rack in that Maid Marion costume.

So much to comment on, too long to type, I truely hope this season gets better, ugh. so far
Old 10-12-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Green Arrow

Lex and Lana

Clark doesn't seem to be cautious while speeding off in front of everyone anymore? Does he not care if anyone figures out who he is?

OK episode. Nothing special.

Last edited by riley_dude; 10-12-06 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-13-06, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this show is dreadful
Old 10-13-06, 12:59 AM

clark could travel anywhere in the states in a matter of hours, ala miami south beach, LA, gotham but he plays the "i'm so burdened with my powers" crap. it was annoying 2 seasons ago. didn't he learn anything from flash. go have a good time and be back by morning. his goody goody act is way overdone. hope green arrow steals lois so clark is even more lonely and pitiful.
Old 10-13-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
What are the freaking odds that when Clark is in the green house, that Lex just happens to be in there, WTF?? That shit is annoying.
I had a big problem with that one. Definite moment. Good to see Lex finally tell Clark the way it is. Same with telling Lana to shit or get off the pot.

Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone ever think we'd see bored-out-of-his-gourd Clark up in his barn bouncing a superball all night long?
Not bored. Lonely. That was my favorite part of the episode. Sure he's been "alone" before, but he always had Chloe, Pete, or Jonathan around. Now he is realizing how alone he is in the world.
Old 10-13-06, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This was one of the worst endings to a fotw. We got the water and electricity from the lights, but they didn't really show what happened. Just POOF!! and gone.

Like the Chloe & Jimmy. I thought the Anthony / Cleopatra angle with Lex and Lana was pretty clever and I have to admit Lana made a tastey Cleopatra.

Oliver Queen was much better in this episode, but he still lacks a lot of personality. Hopefully the character will be fully developed before the arc ends.

Clark is destined to be alone. This was a fitting ending, but I am not sure where they are going with this. Are they going to introduce a new love interest?

This episode also re-enforced my thinking about the writers preferring Chloe. Lois is still just a sideshow, while chloe is integrated into the plot.

So far, I am liking this season more than the last two.
Old 10-13-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
Remember, Lex has a ton of video surveillance. He probably was able to watch Clark the entire time on his approach and intercepted him in the greenhouse. Remember, he wasn't there immediately. There was enough time for Clark to look around first.
Old 10-13-06, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Ayre
Clark is destined to be alone. This was a fitting ending, but I am not sure where they are going with this. Are they going to introduce a new love interest?

This episode also re-enforced my thinking about the writers preferring Chloe. Lois is still just a sideshow, while chloe is integrated into the plot.
If the comics are the guide, then he's destined to marry Lois Lane.

As to Lois being the sideshow, I'm more than happy with that and wish she were never introduced into the show in the first place. It confounds my theory from way back that "Lois Lane" is the pseudonym that Chloe assumes in the future when she works at the daily planet. Hence Clark & Chloe would finally get together.
Old 10-13-06, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Was it just me or was Lois looking more like Lois should? With her hair down, she just looked more the part than usual for me.
Old 10-13-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not a great show, the best part was the preview for next week.

The "Green Arrow" custome looks good, I love the way he shots arrows. The taking off of the top of the Can was cool, and I did love the way Lois did not give into him.
Old 10-13-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Wow. I'm really surprised by the reactions to this epsidoe. I really liked it, and thought that overall this is the best season and writing we've had so far.

I do agree that the defeat of the Phantom Zone villan was all too easy. Man was she hot though.

Things I really liked:

-- Seeing Clark further isolated taking him farther down the road of maturity (tying back into Martha's comments at the beginning)

-- All of the relationship triangles forming, with Clark (to a certain extent) at the center of each.
-- Lois' interatcion with Queen was very good
-- Chloe and "James" interaction - "You're my girl, right?"
-- Lana and Lex - I'm actually not annoyed by this now that they are on the same page...they can take the fall together :roll:

-- Pepsi can tab swinging on the arrow. That sly mother....!!!!

-- Liked Ma's conversation with Clark

-- Hottie park ranger.

-- Lex kicking Clark out (Cameras people. Cameras; that's how he knew)

Was everything perfect? No. However, I feel this is the most consistency we've received to date. I'm glad we're going to get a handful (if not more) PZV's pop up throughout the season instead of one single one at mid season for a ratings boost. It will also keep Clark focused on the responsabilities of his actions. Act like Flash? Flash never has the same amount of responsability that Superman/Clark has/had/will have so I don't think that's really a valid comparison.

Anyway, probably more later, but I'm really liking this season so far. Pleasant surprise!
Old 10-13-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The thought the dialogue between Lex and Lana at the end was quite bad.
They deserve each other.

Can't Clark figure out anything else to do when he is bored? Might I suggest his super vibrating hand??
Old 10-13-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What was more disturbing, LexLana's undressing of one another, or Anakin and Padme's clumsiness in their fireplace scene in Episode II?
Old 10-13-06, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
What was more disturbing, LexLana's undressing of one another, or Anakin and Padme's clumsiness in their fireplace scene in Episode II?
I'd say that Episode II was more painful to watch, but the Utter Serious Looks that LexLana are exchanging in that scene are pretty darn bad. They look like they're attending a funeral, not about to make love for the first time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.