TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars *Season Premiere* -- "Welcome Wagon" -- 10/03/06

Old 10-03-06, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Veronica Mars *Season Premiere* -- "Welcome Wagon" -- 10/03/06

"Welcome Wagon"
Spoiler:
Veronica, Logan, Wallace and Mac head to college, where Veronica helps Wallace's roommate when his belongings are stolen.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Tina Majorino, Ryan Hansen , Julie Gonzalo, Chris Lowell, Charisma Carpenter, Jason Dohring.
Director(s): John Kretchmer.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Rob Thomas.

Original Airdate: October 3, 2006.
Old 10-03-06, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm glad that this show is back. Now, we just need better ratings...
Old 10-03-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I'm glad that this show is back. Now, we just need better ratings...
I'll be watching after a summer of being converted into a big VM fan.

Watched the first 10 minutes from the stream, but held off the rest for tonight. I'm proud of myself for holding out.
Old 10-03-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here we go! I already watched online, but I'm ready to see it again! FRACK!
Old 10-03-06, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do the ratings include people like me, who would love to watch the show on broadcast, but just don't have access to the affiliate?

Probably not, huh?

Damn, I'm sick of watching this thing on my computer.
Old 10-03-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wergo
Do the ratings include people like me, who would love to watch the show on broadcast, but just don't have access to the affiliate?

Probably not, huh?

Damn, I'm sick of watching this thing on my computer.
You kind of have to wonder if they can tell via how many people accessed it online, wouldn't you? Are you expecting them to show the entire season online? That wouldn't seem to be smart in terms of advertising $$$.
Old 10-03-06, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
You kind of have to wonder if they can tell via how many people accessed it online, wouldn't you? Are you expecting them to show the entire season online? That wouldn't seem to be smart in terms of advertising $$$.
There's no reason they can't include commercials online. Not everyone should have to rely on illegal downloads.

It's pretty obnoxious, really. Both VM and 'Nip/Tuck' have "as shown on CTV" (ha!) stickers on the shrinkwrap of the DVD sets here in Ontario and CTV steadfastly refuse to bother to air the shows anymore. They never showed season 2 of VM and they never showed the last four episode of season 3 of N/T, despite licensing the broadcast rights here.
Old 10-03-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wergo
It's pretty obnoxious, really. Both VM and 'Nip/Tuck' have "as shown on CTV" (ha!) stickers on the shrinkwrap of the DVD sets here in Ontario and CTV steadfastly refuse to bother to air the shows anymore. They never showed season 2 of VM and they never showed the last four episode of season 3 of N/T, despite licensing the broadcast rights here.
Oh dear. Does that mean you're going to miss Rosie O'Donnell's boobies tonight?
Old 10-03-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How lost would I be if I jumped in and started watching VM tonight? I have season 1 on dvd, but haven't watched it yet, although I'll get to it eventually. same with season 2.
I've got nothing else going at that time slot, so I thought I would give it a shot.
Old 10-03-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You'd be short-changing yourself of a good first season, and a more fractious second season if you started watching season 3 tonight.
Old 10-03-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boogieman03
How lost would I be if I jumped in and started watching VM tonight? I have season 1 on dvd, but haven't watched it yet, although I'll get to it eventually. same with season 2.
I've got nothing else going at that time slot, so I thought I would give it a shot.
At least watch season 1 first...Such a great season and would probably be ruined if you jump in right now.
Old 10-03-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Don't do it, man! You're better off waiting until season 3 is on DVD next August than skipping S1 and S2. I'm totally serial.
Old 10-03-06, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

A great episode. I enjoyed this one much more than the season 2 premiere. I was also really worried about the two new characters after Jackie's worthlessness last season but so far I liked them both.

Last edited by sven; 10-03-06 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-03-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I suspect there will be a big difference between S2 and S3. You should be up to speed quickly. It would be as good of a time as any to jump in.
Old 10-03-06, 11:56 AM

cant wait
Old 10-03-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, is the plan of three mini-arcs over the season definitely happening?
Old 10-03-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
So, is the plan of three mini-arcs over the season definitely happening?
Looks like.

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Oh dear. Does that mean you're going to miss Rosie O'Donnell's boobies tonight?
Dude, I miss Rosie O'Donnell's boobies EVERY night.

Woe is me.
Old 10-03-06, 12:54 PM

Question for Veronica Mars fans. I bought Season 1 and 2 but because of over work I never got to watch them, but I still want to watch season 3 as it airs. Will it be a bad experience and should I just wait to watch them all later or can I start with season 3 and enjoy it without missing too much.

Help
Old 10-03-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Phod
Question for Veronica Mars fans. I bought Season 1 and 2 but because of over work I never got to watch them, but I still want to watch season 3 as it airs. Will it be a bad experience and should I just wait to watch them all later or can I start with season 3 and enjoy it without missing too much.

Help
This episode will ruin everything "mysterious" and unsolved for you from the first two seasons. Since you intend to watch them, you have to make the decision.

If you had no intention of watching them, you certainly could jump in now and be okay... but since you already own S1 & 2....

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-03-06 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-03-06, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phod

Help
I'd recommend taping the s3's as they air, but saving them until you're through the DVDs of s1 and s2.

It's not that spoiling the whodunnits will ruin the old episodes for you or anything, it's just that much of the fun of s2 was in the misdirection. Half the fun is in trying to the mysteries while watching the shows. And the writers tease the audience mercilessly with red herrings.

Plus, whodunnit is never quite as significant as motivation and the complex process Veronica uses (she is somewhat prone to jumping to rash conclusions prematurely) to determine whyandorhowtheydunnit. Especially in season 2.

It's not just that there's mysteries that get solved. Veronica changes as a person greatly over the first two seasons, and how her thought process evolves is often more important than just getting the pieces of the puzzle in the right place. If you start with s3, you'll learn who did what, but you'll miss out on a LOT of how she (and the other characters) got to where they are now, and WHY she jumps to the conclusions she's likely to jump to.

The show is much closer to 'The Sopranos' or 'Angel' than it is to 'CSI' or 'Law & Order.' Character development overshadows procedural by a wide margin.
Old 10-03-06, 02:06 PM

Good advice guys, I appreciate it. I'll record it and try and get through them as quickly as possible
Old 10-03-06, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I forgot the plotline last season concerning the rapist on campus. Can someone refresh my memory? I hear that this may play into this season some how.
Old 10-03-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I forgot the plotline last season concerning the rapist on campus. Can someone refresh my memory? I hear that this may play into this season some how.
The rape plotline happened last season when Veronica and crew visited college. It was also the episode that featured the Arrested Development kids. Also from what i heard, if true, that if VM doesn't keep a certain amount of Gilmore Girl's audience, CW will cancel the show if need be. So even if you watched the stream, you still need to watch tonight in order for the show to stay on the air.
Old 10-03-06, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
The rape plotline happened last season when Veronica and crew visited college. It was also the episode that featured the Arrested Development kids. Also from what i heard, if true, that if VM doesn't keep a certain amount of Gilmore Girl's audience, CW will cancel the show if need be. So even if you watched the stream, you still need to watch tonight in order for the show to stay on the air.
That's really only true if someone has a darned thing to do with the ratings. Please do be sure to tune in even if you saw it online if you have one of those fancy ratings boxes, though.
Old 10-03-06, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched through the stream, but I'll be watching it again on the TV. It was a great episode, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Now I just need my cable company to carry it in HD.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.