Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars *Season Premiere* -- "Welcome Wagon" -- 10/03/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Ah, you're right, there was no cell reception out there... I need to pay better attention. Still weird that he just went back in the house and left Keith out there.

I think they acknowledged last season that Dick knew that Logan slept with Kendall and had no problem with it. It just seemed like there was a reason he was ticked at Logan in particular...
Old 10-04-06, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logan is a big reason his brother is dead. I think it's clear that the death of his brother has really screwed him up. I wrote it off as his problem with Mac, Logan, and Veronica amounting to no more than that.
Old 10-04-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will say this about the ratings, if CW can keep Runaway still on the air (it lost about 70% of 7th heaven's audience, so who knows. Also, it did better then all of sunday's comedies and was a point down from beating smackdown. So, i think there is still hope.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 10-04-06 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen every episode, and I was still confused by the Keith storyline. Didn't quite understand the whole Vinny bug. Also, why did Fitzpatrick wait for Keith to leave to shoot Kendall? Couldn't he have easily shot them both?

Apparently, Rob Thomas has said that the first episode was a new start of sorts, hoping to pick people from GG. He said that the second episode is where the loyal viewers would likely be better of picking up. I think that this was in TVGuide.com.
Old 10-04-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
I've seen every episode, and I was still confused by the Keith storyline. Didn't quite understand the whole Vinny bug. Also, why did Fitzpatrick wait for Keith to leave to shoot Kendall? Couldn't he have easily shot them both?
Maybe something actually happened between he and Kendall in that brief period.
Old 10-05-06, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Also, why did Fitzpatrick wait for Keith to leave to shoot Kendall? Couldn't he have easily shot them both.
I'm assuming that he waited until he saw the money.
Old 10-10-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched season 1 a few months ago for the first time. I couldn't talk my wife into watching with me. She didn't believe me when I told her it was good. Then she saw part of Mars Vs. Mars, so when I finished season 1, I had to watch it again with her. Then I was finally able to move on to season 2. Finished it over the weekend and I finally got to see this episode last night.

Woo-Hoo for the Beaverton reference I wonder where it came from. I seriously doubt it was a shout-out to Nike.

Unlike most people, my wife and I liked the new theme song. I'm not sure if it's better or not, but I still liked it.

I had no problem following the story, but that's likely because I just got done watching the first two seasons back-to-back (season 1 twice in a row) on DVD.

I didn't find either of the new roommates (Piz and what's-her-name) that interesting. But perhaps that will change soon.

So, why doesn't Dick have anywhere to go? What happened to his trust fund money? They seemed to be playing it up like he was broke.

So Veronica and Logan both live off campus. So why are Wallace and Mac in the dorms?

Looking forward to tonight's episode. Hopefully we'll see Weevil this week. After Supernatural, this is probably my favorite show on at the moment.
Old 10-11-06, 10:32 AM

My guesses are

Veronica lives at home because of lack of money.

Why would Logan move out of the hotel and into a dorm?

Wallace is on basketball scholarship?

Mac can stay in the dorm, nothing prohibiting.
Old 10-15-06, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I the only one who can''t help but wonder if Veronica is gonna solve the rape by going on the VM spoiler threads on the internet and reading about it there?

That teaser "mystery" CAN'T just be a non-sequitur. Especially after Wallace solved HIS "mystery" in the very next episode by ALSO not acknowledging allegedly assumed "rules."
Old 10-15-06, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess I'm still bothered by the fact that Veronica is not at Stanford. Yes she lost out on the Kane scholarship, but there are many scholarships available for bright students, and she ranked second in her high school class (which I assume has to be competitive given the fact that it's in 09er territory). Also surprised that she can't get a better scholarship at Hearst that will enable her to live on campus. Didn't she have an "in" with that lady she met while serving on jury duty?

Last edited by Doc Moonlight; 10-15-06 at 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-15-06, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Yes, everything you say is correct - she should have gone to whatever school she wanted - Stanford, Harvard, whatever.

BUT, the show needs her to stay where it's shot, among characters she already knows... or something more ridiculous would've happened like Logan, Mac, Wallace and her Dad following her all the way to Stanford.