Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Just saw Firefly for first time

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I've only been to a handful of 'cons, but I've never seen a celebrity who ever came off like they genuinely wanted to be there.
Then you're going to the wrong cons. If there are too many asshole celebrities who think their shit doesn't stink, or the nice celebrities aren't having a good time and partying with the con-goers late into the night, then it's not a real convention; it's just a speaking engagement/autograph session.

das
Old 07-09-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to Star Trek Convention in Pasadena once (first and last time) and I cannot help feeling pity for all actors/actresses that had small roles in Star Trek series or any other Sci-Fi TV shows - they were sitting on their table hoping for fans to come up and buy their autographs.

Actor Fredric Lehne came to me after he saw me talking with my sister in sign language and he asking me for how-do-you-sign-{insert word}. He was nice and he tried to sell me his autograph and I told him that I'm not into celebrity autographs and then he looks disappointed. Ouch, I don't meant to hurt his feeling....
Old 07-09-08, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I met John De Lancie at a signing about a decade ago and he was absolutely the most miserable person I had ever met. This was back when Viyager was still going strong, and my wife asked if he would be doing any more episodes. You would have thought she spat in his face the way he reacted.

By contrast, a friend of mine spent a good hour talking to Chase Masterson (Leeta from Star Trek: Deep Space 9) at Wizard World Chicago last week and she could not have been nicer.
Old 07-09-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

De Lancie's a dick. Chase is wonderful.

das
Old 07-09-08, 02:49 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
And, speaking of Adam Baldwin, I've never met him, but considering that every character I've ever seen him play was either an asshole or douchebag, I don't think him I can imagine him being "nice."
Hire him to be your bodyguard for a while. You'll soon learn that he's actual a sensitive guy who wishes he has the life that you do, and with his help you'll be able to kick Matt Dillon's ass all by yourself.