Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville--'Vessel' Season Finale--5/11/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ytrez
My dvr ended when Zod kissed Lana, did I miss anything after that?
LexZod and Lana kiss, and then the camera pans down on the city buildings, moves a bit across the city, and then pulls up until we see earth (with lights going out in cities across the face of the earth) in planetary view, and then we see Clark stuck in one of those Phantom Zone thingamijig (see Superman II) rotating on an axis as it floats through space, and then you get the "To Be Continued" placard.
Old 05-12-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think this was a great season finale but one thing i disliked- Lana.....

overall great episode but i think this is the beginning of everything changing for Clark...
Old 05-12-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Well, that did happen when Mr. Burns shut off the power to Springfield.

Old 05-12-06, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe how awful this show has gotten.
Old 05-12-06, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Also, did anyone get the feeling that they were trying to make Clark out to be some kind of jerk while Lex was a mighty hero? They had Lex come right out and show Lana his powers, which Clark still hasn't done(speaking of, you think Lana would put 2 and 2 together, but I guess everybody worshipping her makes it hard to think sometimes). They made a big deal out of Clark always lying, while Lex is being honest with Lana and all this.

This show is screwed up to unbelievable levels.
This will work in Clark's favor after it's all said and done. Lex will go frickin' crazy as all hell and Lana will be scared off and then come running to Clark to kiss his ass thinking he is still "normal" and he will be so glad that he didn't tell her that he has powers...blah, blah, blah...The good thing to come out of it is that Lex and Lana will not be a couple anymore and she will want to be just friends, so at least we won't have to see that crap anymore.

I can also see sometime down the line that Lois and Clark hook up w/ Chloe getting crushed again. But damn, she laid the liplock on him so it would be pretty cool if they finally got together.

I don't know what all the bad talk is about this show. It's alot better than pretty much anything else on TV. Granted it's not as good as it was in the first couple of seasons, but I think it will carry on for at least two more seasons. I'll stay tuned as I'm a huge Superman fan, and well...I love Smallville.
Old 05-12-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by danegger
It's alot better than pretty much anything else on TV.
Exactly what else are you watching that "isn't as good"?
Old 05-12-06, 12:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
anyone else find it a little jarring hearing the original Zod (now Jor-El voice, Terence Stamp) talking about the return of the new Zod?
Old 05-12-06, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
LexZod and Lana kiss, and then the camera pans down on the city buildings, moves a bit across the city, and then pulls up until we see earth (with lights going out in cities across the face of the earth) in planetary view, and then we see Clark stuck in one of those Phantom Zone thingamijig (see Superman II) rotating on an axis as it floats through space, and then you get the "To Be Continued" placard.
Thanks!!!
Old 05-12-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Plenty of interesting ideas, typical dull Smallville execution.
Could it be this season has been poorly executed because the creators and people behind the show are off doing Aquaman?
Old 05-12-06, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It held my interest, it raises some fun conflicts and situations ..... so why didn't it leave me breathlessly waiting for the next season?
Old 05-12-06, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Jor-El? Wasn't Spike steering the plane? I'm thinking this was his plan B in case he didn't get Clark to toss the dagger at him.

Why the headscratch? Didn't Clark throw the dagger at the wrong guy, which caused Zod to be released?

And I can't think of any other way for Clark to be saved besides Lois and Mother Kent getting in touch with Jor-El for help.
Old 05-12-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gfoots
Jeez, I hope the power never goes out in real life. It would be terrible to have everyone beating cars with baseball bats.
Yeah, let's not have a repeat of all that chaos from that last blackout on the east coast.
Old 05-12-06, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Lois contacts Jor-el... then i will stop watching Smallville.....
Old 05-12-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If Martha has conversation with Jor-El, Lois will have to be K'dTFO because she can't know just yet. That's my thinking.
Old 05-12-06, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Where were they flying to? I thought it was the fortess of solitude but I don't think they got there yet.
Old 05-12-06, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

they were flying to E3 for the Microsoft conference but were choked out by Sony...

no they were going to some conference i think in Metropolis and they got side swiped to some place that has low pressure..
Old 05-12-06, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No. I think they were supposed to fly to Wash, D.C. but ended up somewhere else.
Old 05-12-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It may just be me, but I think that Spike knew Kal wouldn't be able to kill Lex and end up throwing the dagger at him so he purposely showed up at the barn so he can be the conduit between the fortress and the vessel, Lex.
Old 05-12-06, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ranger
No. I think they were supposed to fly to Wash, D.C. but ended up somewhere else.
She's a state senator, right? I'm kinda doubting they were flying to DC.
Old 05-12-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She's a state senator, right? I'm kinda doubting they were flying to DC.
She is a state senator but wasn't Lois saying before that they should be strolling along Penn ave by now? IIRC, they were going to a major education conference. Plus Lois said uh I don't think the east coast should look like this.
Old 05-12-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She is a state senator but wasn't Lois saying before that they should be strolling along Penn ave by now? IIRC, they were going to a major education conference. Plus Lois said uh I don't think the east coast should look like this.
Oh, that's right.

Never mind.
Old 05-12-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
This will work in Clark's favor after it's all said and done. Lex will go frickin' crazy as all hell and Lana will be scared off and then come running to Clark to kiss his ass thinking he is still "normal" and he will be so glad that he didn't tell her that he has powers...blah, blah, blah...The good thing to come out of it is that Lex and Lana will not be a couple anymore and she will want to be just friends, so at least we won't have to see that crap anymore.
Wow. You just set up the first half of season six!

I don't know what all the bad talk is about this show. It's alot better than pretty much anything else on TV. Granted it's not as good as it was in the first couple of seasons, but I think it will carry on for at least two more seasons. I'll stay tuned as I'm a huge Superman fan, and well...I love Smallville.
Exactly what else are you watching that "isn't as good"?
That's what i'm wondering too. Hell, i'm a huge Superman fan too (comics, etc), but "Deal Or No Deal" has more substance than this show at times.

Why the headscratch? Didn't Clark throw the dagger at the wrong guy, which caused Zod to be released?

And I can't think of any other way for Clark to be saved besides Lois and Mother Kent getting in touch with Jor-El for help.
My was because someone suggested that Lois and Martha were on their way to visit Jor-El (assumingly with thwarting Zod in mind), but wasn't Spike piloting the plane? Granted, we don't know how many Spikes there are, but i'm really doubt he's giving them a free ride to the person responsible for jailing the entity he's spent the entire season working to free.

Then again, this is Smallville. We've already put more thought into this than the writers obviously have..
Old 05-12-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, and I loved this episode. This is why I stick with Smallville, to go through 4-5 disappointing episodes to get to this kind of episode. But some of you really need to move on and go watch something else. Because the whining is getting annoying. I hear more whining about this TV show from people who reportedly can't stand it, than I hear about any TV show. Yet they keep on watchin. Folks, move along and find something else. This is akin to people who hated the prequels, yet can't stop talking about it and buy the DVDs despite their hatred of them.

So they lose power and riots immediatly start? I dont think so.
See, with all due respect, this is a silly criticism. If people will go apeshit and riot over a courtroom verdict, is it really so hard to imagine if all social services shut down instantly all over the world, that there would be people who start rioting? I don't think that's hard to believe at all. In fact, I'd guarantee it.

I agree that the show has been disappointing this season, but it is a TV show about a young man with superpowers. You have to work with the show at least a little bit. It's called having an imagination.

Last edited by Terrell; 05-12-06 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-12-06, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrell

See, with all due respect, this is a silly criticism. If people will go apeshit and riot over a courtroom verdict, is it really so hard to imagine if all social services shut down instantly all over the world, that there would be people who start rioting? I don't think that's hard to believe at all. In fact, I'd guarantee it.

I thought it was just Metropolis at first.
Old 05-12-06, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
So what was the point the injecting Lex with the virus? He didn't get the powers until he was beamed up on the ship.

Didn't get an answer for this so I'm posting again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.